TA: Kingdoms Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to TA: Kingdoms

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

NewEra 3.9

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Sage
Lead Designer of The New Era Expansion Project
Sage

NewEra 3.9 Empty
PostSubject: NewEra 3.9   NewEra 3.9 EmptyMon Jul 22, 2013 2:14 pm

Things that I have fixed so far in v3.9:
(fixed) 5 Units found causing the game to crash: Drider, Archmage, Giant Spider, Mer Shark, and Bone Dragon.

For v3.9:  T4 structure builders now build lvl3 mana stone.

Aramon:

Veruna:

Creon:

Taros:

Zhon:

Last edited by Sage on Mon Aug 12, 2013 10:47 am; edited 5 times in total
Back to top Go down
https://takuniverse.webs.com/
Sage
Sage

NewEra 3.9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: NewEra 3.9   NewEra 3.9 EmptyTue Jul 23, 2013 9:30 pm

I've tested all units in 3.9 and none have made the game drop. Has anyone found a unit that would cause the game to crash? These 4 have been fixed for v3.9: Drider, Archmage, Giant Spider, Mer Shark.
Back to top Go down
$_ARTHAN

$_ARTHAN

NewEra 3.9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: NewEra 3.9   NewEra 3.9 EmptyWed Jul 24, 2013 2:31 am

Sage wrote:
I've tested all units in 3.9 and none have made the game drop. Has anyone found a unit that would cause the game to crash? These 4 have been fixed for v3.9: Drider, Archmage, Giant Spider, Mer Shark.

Bone Dragon makes the game drop when it dies as far as I know.
Back to top Go down
Sage
Sage

NewEra 3.9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: NewEra 3.9   NewEra 3.9 EmptyWed Jul 24, 2013 8:24 pm

It didn't freeze for me when it died. But then I sent a large group to kill Lokken, one of them turned veteran, and then the game crashed.

The unit does have missing textures in parts like head_5(veteran) and other transparent areas. After fixing this unit, I will release 3.9 for you guys to test it. In the meantime I will have to go through every single 3rd party unit I have added and make sure they don't have missing textures.
Back to top Go down
Bardan

Bardan

NewEra 3.9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: NewEra 3.9   NewEra 3.9 EmptyWed Jul 24, 2013 9:43 pm

As I'll likely have the same issue (Bone Dragon is the Divine Dragon for Tyrak, albeit another name), and I'm not terribly clear on veteran textures, I don't suppose you might consider a step-by-step 'how-to' tutorial when you do this on one of your units?  A few screenshots, perhaps, and a few sentences to explain what what is.

I know my Undead Giant loses his chest at silver veteran, and his Mace at gold... It doesn't crash, is just not there.
Back to top Go down
Sage
Sage

NewEra 3.9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: NewEra 3.9   NewEra 3.9 EmptyWed Jul 24, 2013 10:27 pm

Working with the Bone Dragon was quiet simple because it didn't require script changes.

I ended up making a small guide which deals with missing textures.

http://kingdoms.heavenforum.org/t998-3dobuilder-how-to
Back to top Go down
$_ARTHAN

$_ARTHAN

NewEra 3.9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: NewEra 3.9   NewEra 3.9 EmptyWed Aug 07, 2013 6:18 pm

My suggestions this far:

0) The best way to test New Era is to have immediate access to all the 5 kingdoms and their respective technology trees. In order to achieve this, I've made a 5-player map where I've placed 5 statues of each T4 builder (Acolyte of Anu, Priest of Lihr, Dark Priest, Shaman and Chief Engineer) next to each starting location. I always take Aramon for my race and place 4 opponents of the other races (Taros, Veruna, Zhon and Creon). When the game starts, I ressurect via my Elsin every single of the T4 builders. As a result, I have access to every unit in the game, even to hostile mon's and deities! It is also quite fun to play New Era that way on single-player. Smile

1) I am not sure making Beast Handler, Tamer and Lord unable to be captured balances out the game. Quite the opposite, while the tech-tree of the rest of the kingdoms can be easily captured by converting a T1 builder, Zhon can only has its 'technology' stolen by having one of its T4 builders (Shamans) captured. Moreover, Elsin can't ressurect their corpses, neither their frozen nor stoned forms. I suggest that either the handler or the tamer must be able to be captured.

2) Not sure about this but, while the Tarosian and Creonite T5 builders can help at accelerating the building progress of everything, I've noticed that the other 3 T5 builders (of Aramon, Veruna and Zhon) can't help to build at every unit & building in the game. This may cause some unfairness to the different kingdoms and it may needed to be fixed.

3) I've noticed that, with New Era loaded on the switcher, the cartographer allows you to put New Era units & buildings (even the scripted commans take these New Era units into account)! So, it may be possible to make scripted maps with New Era, though I haven't tested it yet.

4) Deities and holy dragons need to become a little tougher in my opinion, but that's just me. Razz

Keep up the good work! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sage
Sage

NewEra 3.9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: NewEra 3.9   NewEra 3.9 EmptyWed Aug 07, 2013 8:30 pm

Thanks for the feedback Arthan.

0. You have access to the tier trees here in forums: http://kingdoms.heavenforum.org/f14-the-new-era-structure

1. The best handler can be captured, frozen, and stone; its purpose now serves the same as aramon's mage builder. The reason why tamer and lord cannot be captured, frozen, nor stone is because they serve the same purpose as factories. The reason why Elsin cannot resurrect the corpses of t3 structure builders is because they cannot be frozen nor stone; you can still capture t3 structure builders.

2. By t5 I think you mean t4 structure builders, and them being able to assist is something I didn't catch in previous versions; however, this issue has been fixed for v4.0. On the other hand, t3 structure builders are the ones that can assist all building units and factories.

3. If you are going to make scripted maps for new era, please do so with lodestones in water! Remember that this can now be achieved in v3.9.

4. I think you are right about Dieties needing to become stronger, atleast by increasing their defense.
Dragons may be ok since they can now wave from the start; their waves have been increased in size especially verunas' and zhons'. And their speed are quiet awesome.

Thanks again for the feedback. Keep it coming! Don't forget to check out the progress for v4.0 here: http://kingdoms.heavenforum.org/t1073-newera-40-in-progress
Back to top Go down
secretfire6

NewEra 3.9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: NewEra 3.9   NewEra 3.9 EmptySat Aug 17, 2013 9:21 pm

I've had trouble with the unit called Raven Master crashing the game. he walks around just fine, but as soon as he raises his arm to begin building anything it crashes to desktop. There are others that seem to cause game crashes..like mind whiper and eye of belial, but I haven't pin pointed what exactly it is about their animations that is making the game crash.
Back to top Go down
Sage
Sage

NewEra 3.9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: NewEra 3.9   NewEra 3.9 EmptySat Aug 17, 2013 9:42 pm

Raven master, and eye of belial are not in this mod. What version of new era do you have?

Are you referring to Rain master and Spawn of belial? Some units were causing the game to crash because of missing textures. Hopefully you won't experience more crashes in 4.1, which is being released tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
secretfire6

NewEra 3.9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: NewEra 3.9   NewEra 3.9 EmptyTue Sep 03, 2013 11:37 pm

i think i had mixed other 3rd party units that i forgot to remove from the switcher before i tested it. I'm a bit overwhelmed with fun new stuff to try out. Sadly i think these new units and mods will always crash for me. the cause is a mystery. All I know is that it has to do with certain units' animations or commands.
Back to top Go down
Sage
Sage

NewEra 3.9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: NewEra 3.9   NewEra 3.9 EmptyMon Jul 18, 2016 9:47 pm

Version 5.1 was released with many units having missing textures added, as well as fixing veterancy problems. If you experience your game crashing, switch from Direct3D to Software MMX in chooserenderer.exe. If the game still drops, please create a new topic providing details for it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

NewEra 3.9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: NewEra 3.9   NewEra 3.9 Empty

Back to top Go down

NewEra 3.9
Page 1 of 1