TA: Kingdoms Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to TA: Kingdoms

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

3rd Party Strategies

Go down 
+2
$ MalinOMW
Bardan
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Bardan

Bardan

3rd Party Strategies Empty
PostSubject: 3rd Party Strategies   3rd Party Strategies EmptyThu Jul 25, 2013 6:39 pm

For anyone interesting in chattering on about this topic, will the threads be alright in this forum, or would a 3rd Party umbrella subforum be suitable?
Back to top Go down
$ MalinOMW

$ MalinOMW

PostSubject: Re: 3rd Party Strategies   3rd Party Strategies EmptyFri Jul 26, 2013 9:25 am

i always thought that using:
(3rd races or extension) = fun without strategy analizing xD
Back to top Go down
Bardan

Bardan

PostSubject: Re: 3rd Party Strategies   3rd Party Strategies EmptyFri Jul 26, 2013 12:23 pm

Some people approach them differently, this is true. Where I play 3rd party, I try to decide the utilitarian uses, and more how they fit with the Race's structure or theme. Logic dictates to my creative mind. And all races have their strengths and weaknesses.mas they are typically the least explored, it might be useful to record our thoughts and theories.
Back to top Go down
$_ARTHAN

$_ARTHAN

PostSubject: Re: 3rd Party Strategies   3rd Party Strategies EmptyFri Jul 26, 2013 12:37 pm

I think each respected 3rd party race, unit, mod or even map needs a strategy guide. However, it is too difficult to analyze all these things. In my opinion, the New Era and Conflict of Adra are the only mods I would be interested reading a strategy guide about them.
Back to top Go down
Bardan

Bardan

PostSubject: Re: 3rd Party Strategies   3rd Party Strategies EmptyFri Jul 26, 2013 12:51 pm

As for that, they are certainly the largest self-contained entities. However, I've always had a penchant for additional 3rd party races - not so much stand-alone units - and I'd like to exchange notes with others on such matters.

For example, it's been years since I've had it out with others on the finesse of the Azurians or how best to tackle an entrenched Brakada base. Tyrak has been so very altered now, it will need some considerable testing at many angles to settle the finer points.
Back to top Go down
$ MalinOMW

$ MalinOMW

PostSubject: Re: 3rd Party Strategies   3rd Party Strategies EmptyFri Jul 26, 2013 4:16 pm

{little offtop post, generally its comparing this situation to SC1}
{also because there in TA:K huge scripts maps almost no exists(and maps can't have changed unit stats), too fully understand you can replace almost always word "map", by words "mod/race" etc}
$_ARTHAN wrote:
blabla.... However, it is too difficult to analyze all these things....blablabla...

yea in Starcraft there are many type of Script maps, and there were somewhat "leagues" or "category type players" (but no one make lists, some people just like more to play one type maps, other not) and being somewhat good at specific map was something difficult (not same difficult as being good in normal games in SC), after SC2 release, I have difficulties to play with good players (gameranger starcrafts players are mostly totally idiots, and battlenet become very empty Sad )

More back to the topic, i never found* any strategy for Script maps in Starcraft, usually people discover how to play map without reading stuff, usually new people completly sux** but after 2-4 games they can discover whats going on, same should come with kingdoms, physcics is same, unit control usually sux/is good in same way, so i think after playing 2-4 games you would discover stronger and weaker part of any race, but ofc you won't be master***

*i never specially search for any, i believe that one map(which should be called more like other game/mod) have some specific advance community (map name:"temple siege", its like DoTa or LoL type match)

**ofc depend on map, and not only:
?popularity? (in unpopular maps is easy to reach enough level due to there is no one to competitive),
?difficulty? maps (some maps with changed stats, added spells, thousands triggers can be hard to understand even for good SC players,
?player skill? player who don't know basic of game gonna have bigger problems to understand game/mod/map

***to become master there need to be high competitive, and then usually planing and public strategy looks usefull

BTW
Public advantages and disadvantages of each race would be somewhat nice, and little description of more important units (example ?Hunter? have OP teleport building)
(usually what i miss in new races, that units are hardly ever proper ?order build? (i mean in Original TA:K in builder building icons units were order:
1st by units which able to make buildings/units and not,
2nd by price (and probably strenght them) ofc in Crusade Balance its not the rule, and as we can see added unit (flying builder) have other littly suxy ?order icon build?
Back to top Go down
Bardan

Bardan

PostSubject: Re: 3rd Party Strategies   3rd Party Strategies EmptyFri Jul 26, 2013 7:31 pm

$ MalinOMW wrote:
BTW
Public advantages and disadvantages of each race would be somewhat nice, and little description of more important units (example ?Hunter? have OP teleport building)
(usually what i miss in new races, that units are hardly ever proper ?order build? (i mean in Original TA:K in builder building icons units were order:
1st by units which able to make buildings/units and not,
2nd by price  (and probably strenght them) ofc in Crusade Balance its not the rule, and as we can see added unit (flying builder) have other littly suxy ?order icon build?

In my ongoing Tyrak Rework, I have the build queue corrected as in OTAK. That always irked me about 3rd party races, but meh.

As a rule, I simply like talking about the game, all aspects of it, and if there is a topic such as 3rd party, logic dictates it has a place to reside in the forum. If others wish to join in the discussion, wonderful, it is up to them. But first, it needs a home.
Back to top Go down
Tarosking-DB

PostSubject: Re: 3rd Party Strategies   3rd Party Strategies EmptyFri Jul 26, 2013 7:42 pm

Just wanted to saw I like the Cauthon avatar you're rocking now a days.

Sad there won't be anymore books in that series.
Back to top Go down
Bardan

Bardan

PostSubject: Re: 3rd Party Strategies   3rd Party Strategies EmptyFri Jul 26, 2013 7:59 pm

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain.

Aye, well, they are there forever to reread - which I've done many times now.
Back to top Go down
Lord chris

Lord chris

PostSubject: Re: 3rd Party Strategies   3rd Party Strategies EmptyMon Sep 02, 2013 2:00 am

ill make the cursed stragey guide
Back to top Go down
Lord chris

Lord chris

PostSubject: Re: 3rd Party Strategies   3rd Party Strategies EmptyFri Jan 17, 2014 7:02 pm

$_ARTHAN wrote:
I think each respected 3rd party race, unit, mod or even map needs a strategy guide. However, it is too difficult to analyze all these things. In my opinion, the New Era and Conflict of Adra are the only mods I would be interested reading a strategy guide about them.

i can get the 3rd party races stragey guides as i have played them all so it wont be a problem for me
Back to top Go down
Capt Savage

Capt Savage

PostSubject: Re: 3rd Party Strategies   3rd Party Strategies EmptySat Jan 18, 2014 5:55 pm

I could do an azurian guide... problem is I play the cool v2 where the mon and aquaneon haven't been nuked.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 3rd Party Strategies   3rd Party Strategies Empty

Back to top Go down

3rd Party Strategies
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
TA: Kingdoms Forums :: GENERAL :: Strategies-
Jump to: