TA: Kingdoms Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to TA: Kingdoms

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New Era Multiplayer Campaign Missions

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
$_ARTHAN

$_ARTHAN

New Era Multiplayer Campaign Missions Empty
PostSubject: New Era Multiplayer Campaign Missions   New Era Multiplayer Campaign Missions EmptyWed Aug 21, 2013 6:49 am

I am thinking of creating a series of New Era Multiplayer missions which are going to unfold a story and create an epic online campaign. Because of this, I am posting here in order to ask for Sage's ideas about this project as well as the rest of the community. Despite the fact New Era is still evolving and this campaign is going to be on beta stage for a quite big amount of time, I would like the whole community to contribute to this.
So, I ask the following:

* Do you have any idea of a storyline to unfold? What has happened after the events of the Iron Plague? How are all these new units introduced and/or created? What kind of intrigues and twisted plots await? Though I have some ideas of mine, the community is greatly needed to put the plot into motion with suggestions & feedback. Smile

* Do you have any ideas of missions as well as briefing objectives and special in-game events? I have plenty of ideas here, however the community can greatly contribute in this script-making area.

* Do you need various version(s) of the maps according to difficulty and amount of players? Do you need single-player versions too (single-player versions must be played with rammstein's addon)?

Thanks in advance! Smile
Back to top Go down
$_ARTHAN

$_ARTHAN

PostSubject: Re: New Era Multiplayer Campaign Missions   New Era Multiplayer Campaign Missions EmptyThu Aug 22, 2013 5:47 pm

Dear TAK community,
If you wish to see New Era Campaign missions or even OTAK Multiplayer Campaign-like missions, you need to provide some feedback. At least post here to show you're interested in this project of mine.
Back to top Go down
Sage
Lead Designer of The New Era Expansion Project
Sage

PostSubject: Re: New Era Multiplayer Campaign Missions   New Era Multiplayer Campaign Missions EmptyThu Aug 22, 2013 6:09 pm

It'd be awesome if you can do this. I'll back you up 100% with feedback and anything you need.

Well, we can start brainstorming with the title: New Era. This I suppose can be a storyline after the fight with the Creon race... (I'll write more when I get back home)
Back to top Go down
https://takuniverse.webs.com/
Sage
Sage

PostSubject: Re: New Era Multiplayer Campaign Missions   New Era Multiplayer Campaign Missions EmptyMon Sep 16, 2013 8:40 pm

Since I'm thinking to add Illohir to the mod, you could create some kind of story based on having the appearance of Garacaius(not ghost). Then, a new threat appears at the land of Creon annihilating most of their civilization. This threat would be Illohir, and a new war begins with Garacaius commanding the 5 kingdoms in the war against Illohir for the reconquering of Creon's land.

As the battle for the Creon territory takes place, Illohir units (added to the NewEra mod for zhon and taros) betray Illohir to join Garacaius in the fight. (like the yellow jackets in the IP campaign). The new version of Illohir units, such as Efreet and scourage, would start with their latest Illohir models, and then would change their models to the NewEra units at the time of joining the 5 kingdoms.

So you could start the campaign by playing with Illohir as they annihilate the citizens of Creon and the conquering of the kingdom. As Garacaius sees the story unfold, he goes back to Darien for help by reuniting the 4 kingdoms to fight along the Creonites. All the maps would have to have Creon textures, tho. You could also make Darien map textures to show the traveling Garacaius has to do in order to find the 4 kingdoms of Darien, as Helligrin did at one point in the IP campaign to fight along with Thirsha and bring lokken back to life.

As Illohir establishes in Creon territory, rumors travel to unknown lands(3rd party races), they decide to send their units to help Darien in the war against Illohir; these units would be the new units added to the 5 otak races.

What do you think?
Back to top Go down
Lord chris

Lord chris

PostSubject: Re: New Era Multiplayer Campaign Missions   New Era Multiplayer Campaign Missions EmptyWed Sep 18, 2013 12:35 pm

hmm but sage me and arthan where thinking of having all the WORKING DL races in the campain not just illohir but it would be cool
Back to top Go down
Sage
Sage

PostSubject: Re: New Era Multiplayer Campaign Missions   New Era Multiplayer Campaign Missions EmptyWed Sep 18, 2013 2:20 pm

As far I know, Illohir units don't cause the game to crash. Remember that the units I used for the NewEra mod were taken from these 3rd party races, which were causing the game to crash. As a result, the script campaign mod would have many of these problems.
Back to top Go down
$_ARTHAN

$_ARTHAN

PostSubject: Re: New Era Multiplayer Campaign Missions   New Era Multiplayer Campaign Missions EmptyThu Sep 19, 2013 5:09 am

Sage wrote:

Spoiler:
I think I need more feedback (sorry for that). Razz
What are the origins of Illohir? Who created or who founded them? Why have they yet to appear in Darien? Why did they attack the Republic of Creon? How is Garacaius still alive? And where was he hiding all the time? Why some Illohirians (or their units) betray their own kin to join the "filthy" Garacaius?
Thanks in advance. Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Era Multiplayer Campaign Missions   New Era Multiplayer Campaign Missions Empty

Back to top Go down

New Era Multiplayer Campaign Missions
Page 1 of 1