TA: Kingdoms Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to TA: Kingdoms

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Texture Pack/Resorce Pack for MC need help

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
thekill9714

thekill9714

Location : Research Site-14: Main radiation research location. Objects include: SCP-081, SCP-113 when being researched, and SCP-578.

Texture Pack/Resorce Pack for MC need help Empty
PostSubject: Texture Pack/Resorce Pack for MC need help   Texture Pack/Resorce Pack for MC need help EmptyWed Aug 21, 2013 9:42 pm

I have been planing to make a resource pack for a game called minecraft

The texture pack will be based on none other then the game we are all around on this site for
Total annihilation kingdoms

The thing is I like to use as much of the original game images textures and such as I can
If you guys can help me get game building textures map textures or other game textures
that be epic
What I mainly need is map and building textures I know 3rd party makes there own stuff for the game sometimes and I like not to use anything from 3rd Party mod but maps and any other 3rd party I like to have I will then ask the maker if I can use there textures or such if I can get in contact with them

I am not sure if it will need the HD texture pack patch for more detailed packs but
I will try to remake anything I can that I can not get a good image of
Even if I do not use the textures them self I will most likely will try to remake them or implement them in a easier way

I also like the sounds for units or such and what they may say or there attacks or there movement and such that I love to have also it make it far more easier to have the sounds from the game rather then making my own based on them XD

I love to get some help on this and I hope everyone will be willing to give thank you to anyone who may be of help
Back to top Go down
http://thekill9714server.enjin.com/forum
$_ARTHAN

$_ARTHAN

PostSubject: Re: Texture Pack/Resorce Pack for MC need help   Texture Pack/Resorce Pack for MC need help EmptySat Aug 24, 2013 11:59 am

I know you can extract the textures from Cartographer (the Aramon, Taros, Veruna & Zhon tilesets), but I don't know how to extract textures from units or buildings, because I haven't done any unit modding at all...
Back to top Go down
$_Spagg

$_Spagg

PostSubject: Re: Texture Pack/Resorce Pack for MC need help   Texture Pack/Resorce Pack for MC need help EmptySat Aug 24, 2013 1:18 pm

How to get the unit texture's files:

Download + Install HPI Viewer & GAFBuilder (link later, if someone rememebr the link please post)
With HPI Viewer open data.hpi in kingdom's folder
On HPI Viewer select option Extract All and select the destination folder
On the extracted files open the folder "textures"
All the files in the this folder are openable with GafBuilder, to open them select TA:Kingdoms, select the corresponding Kingdom (example, aramonst2.gaf should be opened with "Aramon")
Select Unit Texture radio box.
Open it.
Then you select the frames sequence, go on Images > Export Sequence and export it to somewhere on you comp.

Yes it's very complicated hopefully it's faaaaaaar easier to get the map textures and you dont need gaf builder:

Open HPI View
Select Open HPI File option and on your tak folder select "terrain.hpi"
Select "Extract All" and select a destination folder
There you have all terrain images except for IronPlague's terrain
Iron Plague's terrains are in IPTerrain.hpi in tak's folder

To get unit's texture it isn't that easy, but it isn't too hard, problem is I don't remember where they are and I don't have hpi view etc on this computer, but I can look for it another day if you want.
Back to top Go down
Sage
Lead Designer of The New Era Expansion Project
Sage

PostSubject: Re: Texture Pack/Resorce Pack for MC need help   Texture Pack/Resorce Pack for MC need help EmptySat Aug 24, 2013 3:01 pm

Thekill9714,

http://takuniverse.webs.com/apps/links/

1. Go to the link provided
2. Download the "takprograms to mod" file
3. Look in 3dobuilder folder for taktextures.hpi
4. Open up taktextures.hpi with hpiviewer, also provided in the "takprograms to mod" file
5. Go to file, extract all files in a new folder
6. Go to the textures folder and there you have it.
Back to top Go down
https://takuniverse.webs.com/
thekill9714

thekill9714

Location : Research Site-14: Main radiation research location. Objects include: SCP-081, SCP-113 when being researched, and SCP-578.

PostSubject: Re: Texture Pack/Resorce Pack for MC need help   Texture Pack/Resorce Pack for MC need help EmptySat Aug 24, 2013 3:04 pm

$_Spagg wrote:
How to get the unit texture's files:

Download + Install HPI Viewer & GAFBuilder (link later, if someone rememebr the link please post)
With HPI Viewer open data.hpi in kingdom's folder
On HPI Viewer select option Extract All and select the destination folder
On the extracted files open the folder "textures"
All the files in the this folder are openable with GafBuilder, to open them select TA:Kingdoms, select the corresponding Kingdom (example, aramonst2.gaf should be opened with "Aramon")
Select Unit Texture radio box.
Open it.
Then you select the frames sequence, go on Images > Export Sequence and export it to somewhere on you comp.

Yes it's very complicated hopefully it's faaaaaaar easier to get the map textures and you dont need gaf builder:

Open HPI View
Select Open HPI File option and on your tak folder select "terrain.hpi"
Select "Extract All" and select a destination folder
There you have all terrain images except for IronPlague's terrain
Iron Plague's terrains are in IPTerrain.hpi in tak's folder

To get unit's texture it isn't that easy, but it isn't too hard, problem is I don't remember where they are and I don't have hpi view etc on this computer, but I can look for it another day if you want.

The HPI Viewer I downloaded ver 191 when extracting all files it stops working and then the windows is forced to close it at this time it only has one file out from the terrain
Back to top Go down
thekill9714

thekill9714

PostSubject: Re: Texture Pack/Resorce Pack for MC need help   Texture Pack/Resorce Pack for MC need help EmptySat Aug 24, 2013 3:07 pm

Sage wrote:
Thekill9714,

4. Open up taktextures.hpi with hpiviewer, also provided in the "takprograms to mod" file
I get a 404 when trying to get that file
Back to top Go down
thekill9714

thekill9714

PostSubject: Re: Texture Pack/Resorce Pack for MC need help   Texture Pack/Resorce Pack for MC need help EmptySat Aug 24, 2013 3:10 pm

I think It be nice just have a file that contains images of all units buildings terrain and any other things found in TA:K such as menu and mid game things
Back to top Go down
Sage
Sage

PostSubject: Re: Texture Pack/Resorce Pack for MC need help   Texture Pack/Resorce Pack for MC need help EmptySat Aug 24, 2013 3:11 pm

I guess I forgot to update the link once I reuploaded the pack. I'll update it once I get home.

thekill9714 wrote:
I think It be nice just have a file that contains images of all units buildings terrain and any other things found in TA:K such as menu and mid game things
You can get this through the cartographer located in the kingdoms folder.
Back to top Go down
thekill9714

thekill9714

PostSubject: Re: Texture Pack/Resorce Pack for MC need help   Texture Pack/Resorce Pack for MC need help EmptySat Aug 24, 2013 3:13 pm

Sage wrote:
I guess I forgot to update the link once I reuploaded the pack. I'll update it once I get home.
Thanks I will love to have all the stuff used for modding this game It can be helpful to know the ins and outs of the game
Back to top Go down
thekill9714

thekill9714

PostSubject: Re: Texture Pack/Resorce Pack for MC need help   Texture Pack/Resorce Pack for MC need help EmptySat Aug 24, 2013 4:01 pm

So far by what I did get before the HPI viewer stop working I have sand block stone block and sandstone doneish not sure if I will keep them the same way
Keep in mind that it is a major contrast from this game to minecraft even with minecraft as a newer game it uses less pixels so the blocks are a less pixel ver of how they look normally in the game best way to put it try zooming into the grounds texture very very far and you will see how many pixels makes it up from far away the blocks images look like how they are in TA:K but in MC they will look more like the pixel counter parts but they will still look good I think so far to me they do
Back to top Go down
Sage
Sage

PostSubject: Re: Texture Pack/Resorce Pack for MC need help   Texture Pack/Resorce Pack for MC need help EmptySun Aug 25, 2013 8:29 pm

Sage wrote:
Thekill9714,

http://takuniverse.webs.com/apps/links/

You can now download this file.
Back to top Go down
DeeKay
Administrator
DeeKay

PostSubject: Re: Texture Pack/Resorce Pack for MC need help   Texture Pack/Resorce Pack for MC need help EmptyMon Dec 23, 2013 5:13 pm

Topic moved to Support Forum, Questions & Help Requests Section.

Not locking this, but might lock soon if the subject is dead.
Back to top Go down
http://alltakdownloads.6te.net/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Texture Pack/Resorce Pack for MC need help   Texture Pack/Resorce Pack for MC need help Empty

Back to top Go down

Texture Pack/Resorce Pack for MC need help
Page 1 of 1