TA: Kingdoms Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to TA: Kingdoms

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

TA:K Reloaded Mod & Downloads

Go down 
+3
$_ARTHAN
$ MalinOMW
DeeKay
7 posters
AuthorMessage
DeeKay
Administrator
DeeKay

TA:K Reloaded Mod & Downloads Empty
PostSubject: TA:K Reloaded Mod & Downloads   TA:K Reloaded Mod & Downloads EmptyWed Oct 30, 2013 6:28 pm

Hey TA:Kers,

I'm currently making cool mod for our cool Game. :3

Nerfs & Buffs can come anytime, so stay in alert.

Green - Already Done.
Yellow - Partially Done.
Red - Not Done.
Gray - Commentary

• Principal Changes •

Here goes the Principal Changes I'm bringing to this mod.

♦ New Waves Animations.

♦ Cannoneers, Trebuchets and Catapults are now going to have higher reload time AND new animations.
- Until it puts the gunpowder, then press it and put another ball... Same for trebuchet.
Screenshots:
Spoiler:

• BugFixes •

♦ Fixed Open-Gate.
- Ranged units wouldn't be able to target properly the gate, now they can.

♦ Fixed Wisp's Attack.
- Cavedog might have forgotten it.
- Added AimTolerance = 1024.

♦ Fixed Fire Demon Delay Attack Time.
- Added AimTolerance = 1024.

♦ Fixed Mage Archer Paralyze Arrow.

♦ Fixed Centaur's Guided Attack.
- Added TurnRate = 180. (same as Mage Archer's 2nd Weapon)

♦ Fixed Thrisha's Guided 2nd Attack.
- Added TurnRate = 180. (same as Mage Archer's 2nd Weapon)

♦ Fixed Fire Mage's First Weapon.
- Wasn't hitting small units like goblins, now it does.

♦ Fixed Aramon's Knight.
- Is not meant to be freezeable, like horsemen aren't. (it has no frozen model)

♦ Fixed the Creon Gate which wasn't being targeted by enemy units which were patrolling around it.

♦ Fixed Units attacking from their back.
- To attack an enemy, you should click on him with attack button, not clicking at the floor and attacking a random unit. Also, when you click on the floor, the game counts as "TargetCleared" in script, so... I'm sorry but, removed!

♦ Fixed Attacking and Building at the same time.
- You simply can't attack and build at the same time, if you could, you would start a building, then, while building, you would click "attack" in the enemy, and you would build and attack at the same time, sadly, that's not what happens, so... removed!

♦ Fixed Glitchy Melee Units.
- When they get stuck cause of lag.
- Increased units' hitbox from 2x2 to 3x3. They won't get in each other but pathfinding may get worse.

♦ Fixed Off-Screen.

• GamePlay and Balance Issues •

♦ Monarch Wave not avaiable at early game. (to be defined)
- Thinking of making it as Bronze: 1st Spell, Silver: 2nd Spell, Gold: 3rd Spell.

♦ Increased Mana Cost of Mage Archer's 2nd Weapon.
- Okay, kill 3 skyhawks, get gold and have infinite arrows YEEEEY. no.
- From 100 to 250.

♦ Reduced Scouts' (SpyHawks, Gargolytes, Parrots, etc) EXP giving.
- It's stupid.
- From 30 to 5 each.

♦ Removed Acolyte and Priest of Lihr Healing Aura.
- For being annoying healing gates and walls, and nobody uses that if not to waste all your mana to heal your monarch 0,1% per second. xP

♦ Walls now shows health and have higher buildtime.
- Now you need 15 secs to build them.

♦ Increased a lot the Build Time of Gates.
- Now you need 30 secs to build them.

♦ Zombies have 1% chance of take the control of the target's mind.

♦ Lokken is now able to resurrect zombies from corpses.

♦ Builder Farming.
- Builders aren't meant to give you infinite mana.
- T2 Builders now give +0.25 mana per second and 25 mana storage each instead of +1 and 100.
- T4 Builders now give +1 mana per second and 100 mana storage each instead of +5 and 100/200/300/500.

Thinking in new things to improve yet, things can be added anytime, check this topic often to get the latest news.
I know, this topic is a bit confused, but I will improve it with the time.

TA:K Reloaded Mod & Downloads Ycu1

This version will always follow the changes part, including colors definitions.
Latest Version
-Download 1.0 Beta: Link 1 - Link 2

Credits to:

DeeKay - All TA:K Downloads - Creator of The Mod.
DK-ArmGamer - All TA:K Downloads - Creator of The Mod.
DK-Ricco - Player - Ideas.
MalinOMW - On My Way - Ideas.
Sage - TA:K Universe - Help & Ideas.

Last edited by DeeKay on Sun May 12, 2019 12:59 am; edited 74 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://alltakdownloads.6te.net/
$ MalinOMW

$ MalinOMW

PostSubject: Re: TA:K Reloaded Mod & Downloads   TA:K Reloaded Mod & Downloads EmptyWed Oct 30, 2013 7:48 pm

about scouts, i always thought that they have big exp as reward for killing them, and preventing potentiall "overscouting" (ex taros spam with gargoyles)
scouts are very effective into disturbing units (fire demon, stone giants specially)
so big exp little prevent spamming scouts (as for today no one spam scouts without serious strategy (fallen angel etc)), and stupid spam scouts strategy, ends with fighting against veteran army
+fact that having vision is important "resource" in this game (ok in 3rd maps, have more terrain for base is more important resource than vision probably)

btw cavedog agreed with offscreen, cause its appear everytime on cd/dc maps with gryphons (TA:KDEMO example), its also appear in TA but its not effective (as i know, if i am mistaken say Very Happy)

Edit
everybody have own point of view Very Happy, poor that cavedog not exists
Back to top Go down
$_ARTHAN

$_ARTHAN

PostSubject: Re: TA:K Reloaded Mod & Downloads   TA:K Reloaded Mod & Downloads EmptySat Nov 02, 2013 3:46 am

Manolo, when is the completed version of this mod to be uploaded? Wink
Back to top Go down
DeeKay
Administrator
DeeKay

PostSubject: Re: TA:K Reloaded Mod & Downloads   TA:K Reloaded Mod & Downloads EmptySat Nov 02, 2013 7:18 am

$_ARTHAN wrote:
Manolo, when is the completed version of this mod to be uploaded? Wink
I'm uploading what I've done until now, and this is written in the topic. I'll keep working on it and always updating the mod, changing the colors of the "goals". ^^
Back to top Go down
Sage
Lead Designer of The New Era Expansion Project
Sage

PostSubject: Re: TA:K Reloaded Mod & Downloads   TA:K Reloaded Mod & Downloads EmptySun Nov 03, 2013 4:28 pm

1."♦ Fixed Units attacking from their back."

Did you add the turninplacerate = 1; command?
I don't think every unit should have it. For example, Since Thrisha flies with a weapon held in her hands, she should be able to easily use it towards any direction she wants. This is also seen in units like the fire wagon, where its weapon turns even in the direction where this unit isn't heading. So I do not consider this a bug.

2."♦ Fixed Open-Gate." AND "♦ Fixed Attacking and Building at the same time."

How did you fix these issues?

3."♦ Monarch Wave only available after the first 7 minutes."

I don't think this is an issue, and probably 7 minutes is too much. Sometimes you have units near your base that need to be waved. I would probably decrease the time to 4 minutes since it's about the time you can have units being dropped in your base.

4."♦ Reduced Scouts' (SpyHawks, Gargolytes, Parrots, etc) EXP giving. - From 30 to 5 each."

On one hand, birds are most likely to be able to be killed by a unit that has a guided type of weapon. This is why birds have so much exp. points, and the units that can kill them are very limited. On the other, you have a t1 black knight unit that can easily get veteran. But exactly how many birds do they have to kill to get bronze, silver, and gold?

5."♦ Fixed Glitchy Melee Units."

How are you planning to fix this issue?

6."♦ Cannoneers and Trebuchets are now going to have higher reload time AND new animations."

I like this idea because they can be built pretty easily since there aren't many tiers in this game. It was different in the NewEra because more tiers were added, and now you cannot jump from t1 to t3, but start from t1 and move slowly unto the next tier.

7."♦ Improved Warriors > Horses > Archers > Warriors > Horses > Archers System and Modified some units stats to make the game more dynamic."

How are you going to accomplish this? What do you have in mind?

8."♦ Fixed Wisp's Attack. - Added AimTolerance = 1024."

If it isn't a tier3 unit like in the NewEra mod, you can easily over power this unit. I would take a look at other factors such as: emit time, weapon velocity, reload time, max velocity and max damage. And I would try to find the right balance for it.
Back to top Go down
https://takuniverse.webs.com/
__Best Ever____

__Best Ever____

PostSubject: Re: TA:K Reloaded Mod & Downloads   TA:K Reloaded Mod & Downloads EmptySun Nov 03, 2013 4:50 pm

Quote :
For me these "bugs" are cheats because the creator of the game didn't make this on purpose.
Well there is a lot of things that weren't done on purpose and they still aren't cheat, but I won't discuss anymore in this topic about this Razz
Quote :
But exactly how many birds do they have to kill to get bronze, silver, and gold?
Killing 1 bird (30exp) gets him to lvl 3 (not bronze yet, bronze is lvl 4), killing 2 birds (60exp) gets him to lvl 7 (silver) and killing 3 birds gets him to gold (lvl 10). That's because Black Knight has 8 exp (can be checked through the f4 scoreboard when one is killed), which is also what he needs to advance each of the 10 possible veteran levels.
Back to top Go down
http://www.gameranger.com
DeeKay
Administrator
DeeKay

PostSubject: Re: TA:K Reloaded Mod & Downloads   TA:K Reloaded Mod & Downloads EmptySun Nov 03, 2013 5:30 pm

Hey Sage, cool you had interest in the mod. This post is horrible but I hope you understand it. =D

Sage wrote:
1."♦ Fixed Units attacking from their back."

Did you add the turninplacerate = 1; command?
I don't think every unit should have it. For example, Since Thrisha flies with a weapon held in her hands, she should be able to easily use it towards any direction she wants. This is also seen in units like the fire wagon, where its weapon turns even in the direction where this unit isn't heading. So I do not consider this a bug.
I just used Script to block attacks that aren't aimed. Like, if you command a unit to attack, the unit is aiming to the floor, if it starts the attack animation, and you move to somewhere, you aren't going to be aiming anymore. So... \"****\" I can't explain this in words, so I will explain in codes:

FireWeapon(weaponnum)
{
kill_attack = FALSE; // look at this static-var, if you target the floor or someone, kill_attack is going to be false.
}

and if you start to move when FireWeapon script is already started (when thirsha starts her attack animation), this gonna happen:

TargetCleared(weaponnum)
{
kill_attack = TRUE;
}

I added this command to when Thirsha is going to fire the weapon:

if( kill_attack == 0 ) // look at this
{
set WEAPON_LAUNCH_NOW to weapon;
}

If you MOVE your unit to somewhere, the Game counts as "Target is Cleared", so I think Thirsha shouldn't fire, such as Elsin Script (I didn't change anything in this part of Elsin script):

TargetCleared(weaponnum)
{
set WEAPON_AIM_ABORTED to Static_Var_10;
kill_attack = TRUE;
signal SIG_AIM;
return;
}

Sage wrote:
2."♦ Fixed Open-Gate." AND "♦ Fixed Attacking and Building at the same time."

How did you fix these issues?
Open-Gate I fixed by putting conflict in the middle of the gate, in fbi yardmap part. (I think I will make gate bigger to avoid problems with passing through the gate).

Attacking and Building at the same time:

Added if( !busy_dying AND !building ) to attacks animations.

StartBuilding()
{
building = TRUE;
}

StopBuilding()
{
building = FALSE;
}

// If you make a ghost, you bug the game and you'll be "building= TRUE" forever and will not be able to attack, to avoid that just start another building and stop it properly.

Sage wrote:
3."♦ Monarch Wave only available after the first 7 minutes."

I don't think this is an issue, and probably 7 minutes is too much. Sometimes you have units near your base that need to be waved. I would probably decrease the time to 4 minutes since it's about the time you can have units being dropped in your base.
That's why I want to balance monarch waves using Kill counts, like "get wave only when you get 50 kills". Then you make players use their monarch for something that isn't building gates.

Sage wrote:
4."♦ Reduced Scouts' (SpyHawks, Gargolytes, Parrots, etc) EXP giving. - From 30 to 5 each."

On one hand, birds are most likely to be able to be killed by a unit that has a guided type of weapon. This is why birds have so much exp. points, and the units that can kill them are very limited. On the other, you have a t1 black knight unit that can easily get veteran. But exactly how many birds do they have to kill to get bronze, silver, and gold?
30 exp are too much. Remove enemy vision is the purpose of killing scouts, not feeding.

Sage wrote:
5."♦ Fixed Glitchy Melee Units."

How are you planning to fix this issue?
Idk, try to use some engine that Amazon Knights use when they get no range when units are too near them.

Sage wrote:
6."♦ Cannoneers and Trebuchets are now going to have higher reload time AND new animations."

I like this idea because they can be built pretty easily since there aren't many tiers in this game. It was different in the NewEra because more tiers were added, and now you cannot jump from t1 to t3, but start from t1 and move slowly unto the next tier.
It is going to be awesome, you'll see. This is just the begin of TA:K Reloaded Mod.

Sage wrote:
7."♦ Improved Warriors > Horses > Archers > Warriors > Horses > Archers System and Modified some units stats to make the game more dynamic."

How are you going to accomplish this? What do you have in mind?
I have in mind to make Ranged units will be better than Melee units but Horses will be specially made to kill ranged units and melee units in general will be good vs Horses and tanky vs other units. Catapults are going to have a lot of more damage, but easy to kill (with the horses system).

I want also to make units more powerful when in group and these things... I don't know yet what to do but I'm sure this is going to be a good mod.

Sage wrote:
8."♦ Fixed Wisp's Attack. - Added AimTolerance = 1024."

If it isn't a tier3 unit like in the NewEra mod, you can easily over power this unit. I would take a look at other factors such as: emit time, weapon velocity, reload time, max velocity and max damage. And I would try to find the right balance for it.  
^^'
Back to top Go down
Sage
Lead Designer of The New Era Expansion Project
Sage

PostSubject: Re: TA:K Reloaded Mod & Downloads   TA:K Reloaded Mod & Downloads EmptySun Nov 03, 2013 6:48 pm

I understand what you are doing here. For point #3, it would be like the otak ancient dragons' stats. You could take a look at those units, and see how they work. 50 units may be too much to get a wave. I'd probably do about 20-30 just because it isn't easy to kill many units with monarchs' 1st and 2nd weapons.

For point #5, you could probably add the minrange command, so everytime malee units attack each other, they would have to take a step back if they get too close. It would keep them separate, and would make them look like they are fighting sword against sword.

[Weapon]

minrange = 100;  this number can change depending on their distance.

For point #8, " ^^' "  <--------What does it mean?
Back to top Go down
https://takuniverse.webs.com/
DeeKay
Administrator
DeeKay

PostSubject: Re: TA:K Reloaded Mod & Downloads   TA:K Reloaded Mod & Downloads EmptySun Nov 03, 2013 6:53 pm

Sage wrote:
I understand what you are doing here. For point #3, it would be like the otak ancient dragons' stats. You could take a look at those units, and see how they work. 50 units may be too much to get a wave. I'd probably do about 20-30 just because it isn't easy to kill many units with monarchs' 1st and 2nd weapons.
Yes, I didn't define a number yet, it was just a kick. I'll define yet how much units a monarch have to kill but I would first have to discover an way to count the kills and using this information in scripts.

Sage wrote:
For point #5, you could probably add the minrange command, so everytime malee units attack each other, they would have to take a step back if they get too close. They would look like they have some space in between to make them look like they fighting sword against sword.

[Weapon]

minrange = 100;  this number can change depending on their distance.
I already did that and it seems to not work, when they get near they just stop attacking, maybe only work to Ranged units, but I'll keep trying to fix this glitch.

Sage wrote:
For point #8, "^^' "  <--------What does it mean?
Happy. =P
Back to top Go down
Lord chris

Lord chris

PostSubject: Re: TA:K Reloaded Mod & Downloads   TA:K Reloaded Mod & Downloads EmptyTue Feb 11, 2014 1:25 am

hmm mabye like more spells for magic users like ik 3 spell but why 3 why not like mabye atleast 5 or 6 spells like weather witch having an ice blast attack or fire mage has a fire vortex attack ik but these are just ideas
Back to top Go down
Sokka

Sokka

PostSubject: Re: TA:K Reloaded Mod & Downloads   TA:K Reloaded Mod & Downloads EmptyTue Feb 11, 2014 2:59 am

when will this be done and i can download?
Back to top Go down
$ MalinOMW

$ MalinOMW

PostSubject: Re: TA:K Reloaded Mod & Downloads   TA:K Reloaded Mod & Downloads EmptyTue Feb 11, 2014 6:06 am

i guess that 3rd spell limit is "very powerfull",
also watching at keys.tdf you can see primary, secondary, and special weapon, so for sure its engine stuff not only interface etc*

it might be possible to make unit with 3+ spell but, it won't be chooseable (same like rolling tower, dirgible, aerial etc use all of his weapon without choose, but it sux to make unchoseeable spell, + fact what about mana cost xD)

*i mean that game sometimes allow something more than it visible, e.g. squads and formations, you can have 100 in this game, but only 10 is default coded in keys.tdf
Back to top Go down
DeeKay
Administrator
DeeKay

PostSubject: Re: TA:K Reloaded Mod & Downloads   TA:K Reloaded Mod & Downloads EmptyTue Feb 11, 2014 6:35 am

Sokka wrote:
when will this be done and i can download?

I don't know when it's gonna be done, yes you can download: http://kingdoms.heavenforum.org/t1192-tak-reloaded-mod-downloads#Downloads
Back to top Go down

TA:K Reloaded Mod & Downloads
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
TA: Kingdoms Forums :: PROJECTS :: Total Annihilation: Kingdoms Reloaded Mod :: The Mod (Info)-
Jump to: