TA: Kingdoms Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to TA: Kingdoms

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Ballistic Units

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Sage
Lead Designer of The New Era Expansion Project
Sage

Ballistic Units Empty
PostSubject: Ballistic Units   Ballistic Units EmptySun Nov 03, 2013 4:40 pm

The command: fireatwillrandom = 1; helps against hesitation. For instance, fire demons, stone giants, mage archer, etc... have the tendency to hesitate at the time to attack. This is where the command would go:

[UNITINFO]

fireatwillrandom = 1;
Back to top Go down
https://takuniverse.webs.com/
$ MalinOMW

$ MalinOMW

Ballistic Units Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ballistic Units   Ballistic Units EmptySun Nov 03, 2013 6:05 pm

so fire demon, will shoot without "lag" on enemy fast unit?

(firedemon i think have the biggest "random amplitude time" during aiming in many circumstances)
Back to top Go down
Sage
Sage

Ballistic Units Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ballistic Units   Ballistic Units EmptySun Nov 03, 2013 6:19 pm

Exactly, you can even test it in the NewEra mod, and you will notice the difference. Ballistic units will simply attack as soon as they see enemy units.
Back to top Go down
$ MalinOMW

$ MalinOMW

Ballistic Units Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ballistic Units   Ballistic Units EmptySun Nov 03, 2013 6:25 pm

ok i have new/very old; problem/bug/annoying thing
sometimes units come too close:
example, catapult have larger range than stronghold or tower, but sometimes when i click once to atack, catapult come closer than he/she/it require to hit  (ok i can click 2nd time and everything is fine, but its quite annoying, and somewhat 5-30% units come closer than require)

its probably not related, but pretty same problem in gameplay/visual (but probably very other in "engine/mechanic")

(i don't want to create new topic, but i think its good to mention about it)

somebody solve it?

Spoiler:

ok next thing come to my brain (its more philosophy, and probably deeply engine problem than unit stats/scripts)
why range units in defensive mode are quite blind? (i mean they very often not shot enemy units that are in range)
in other hand in offensive they have better "alertness" but they follow on aimed units

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Sage
Sage

Ballistic Units Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ballistic Units   Ballistic Units EmptySun Nov 03, 2013 7:09 pm

1. The fireatwillrandom = 1; command was added to every ballistic unit in the NewEra mod. The catapult issue is related because it hesitates to attack the first time just like the firedemon, stone giant, etc...

I have tested the sea dragon, and attacks about a second after because of its reload time. Every time I tell it to attack, it attacks, so I don't have to keep on clicking and clicking for it to shoot its weapon. The attacking range looked more like the bastions' because again of its reload time, and because of its flying movement towards the unit at the time of its attack. Sight needs to be considered as well. If the unit doesn't see the enemy, it won't attack it until it sees it. Overall, these units attack when I tell them to.

2. When units are in defense mode, they will only attack when they see danger, either if they see the enemy attacking their malee units or when they become too close to them. But when they are in offensive mode, they just go at them. Some times they try, but they hesitate, and they end up taking a step forward and a step backward. That's why this command: fireatwillrandom = 1; is so great.

NE 5.0 doesn't overwhelm you too much now because you are forced to build by tier, so you don't see all the units right away. And the fact that some units were removed, you only get to see about 8-10 units per tier.
Back to top Go down
DeeKay
Administrator
DeeKay

Ballistic Units Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ballistic Units   Ballistic Units EmptyMon Nov 04, 2013 3:59 am

Sage wrote:
I have tested the sea dragon, and attacks about a second after because of its reload time. Every time I tell it to attack, it attacks, so I don't have to keep on clicking and clicking for it to shoot its weapon.
If this was a normal thing, clicking and clicking to attack wouldn't make it fire (like fire demon trying to kill spyhawk, he would stay aiming aiming forever, no matters how much you click in that spyhawk).

The clicking again thing only works for bugged scripts like Kirenna, sometimes you should click twice to her launch her attack... ^^

(also fireatwillrandom = 1; won't fix Kirenna bug) Sad

Sage wrote:
2. When units are in defense mode, they will only attack when they see danger, either if they see the enemy attacking their malee units or when they become too close to them. But when they are in offensive mode, they just go at them. Some times they try, but they hesitate, and they end up taking a step forward and a step backward. That's why this command: fireatwillrandom = 1; is so great.
Right, and I want to add something there: When archers or any unit are/is defensive, and they start attacking a swordsman for example, and this swordsman just leave out of the archers range, for logic Archers wouldn't follow them because they are defensive, BUT, the archers will just attack THIS SWORDSMAN, any unit that comes into these archers range that isn't THE SWORDSMAN won't be attacked. (that's why you need to press Stop in your cannoneers in scripts when they stop attacking for some reason)
Archers will start attacking again only if THE SWORDSMAN is dead or you press Stop on them (archers).
Back to top Go down
http://alltakdownloads.6te.net/
Sponsored content

Ballistic Units Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ballistic Units   Ballistic Units Empty

Back to top Go down

Ballistic Units
Page 1 of 1