TA: Kingdoms Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to TA: Kingdoms

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Tournament!

Go down 
+5
X_DB
[K]Double
Myst
Sage
A-train-DB
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
sharman

sharman

Tournament!   - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tournament!    Tournament!   - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 12, 2013 9:31 am

I sugest u put in forum one topic about maps to download.
example: topic "tournament "xxx" map download", first msg, maps from round 1, second msg maps from round 2 and go on...that will avoid problems with ppl changing their map name and others...

i guess uploading 5 maps would be easy, and if u guys want do some changes, u no will have problem.

Should be good u choice maps as soon u can...to avoid complain like "i no had time to download", "my version is otherwise..." and such.

evilcleric
Back to top Go down
A-train-DB

A-train-DB

PostSubject: Re: Tournament!    Tournament!   - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 12, 2013 10:04 am

That is some very good advice sharman.  Each team will have one week to play each matchup.  I will have to have the maps available at the start of each week. 

I will also have to ask Sage or Manolo if they could work with Myst and myself to arrange those maps into an easy to download link that I can place on the (not yet established) "Rules and Matchups" topic each week.
Back to top Go down
Sage
Lead Designer of The New Era Expansion Project
Sage

PostSubject: Re: Tournament!    Tournament!   - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 12, 2013 12:10 pm

You could always upload the files in skydrive or google drive. Then, you could post them in the download section in this forum.
Back to top Go down
https://takuniverse.webs.com/
A-train-DB

A-train-DB

PostSubject: Re: Tournament!    Tournament!   - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 12, 2013 3:13 pm

I'll have to check it out and play with it.  Does it have to be in "download section?"
Back to top Go down
Sage
Sage

PostSubject: Re: Tournament!    Tournament!   - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 12, 2013 3:18 pm

I guess you can just post it in the DB section.
Back to top Go down
A-train-DB

A-train-DB

PostSubject: Re: Tournament!    Tournament!   - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 12, 2013 3:22 pm

I take it you don't want it in the general section.. I was going to have the tournament's "Rules and Matchup's" page in the General chat since its not really a DB tourney anymore.  But, I guess I can have that there.. and still place the map downloads in the DB section.
Back to top Go down
$ MalinOMW

$ MalinOMW

PostSubject: Re: Tournament!    Tournament!   - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 12, 2013 4:06 pm

btw next tip by me:
remember to make rules short xD (yea sounds like mission impossible)
Back to top Go down
Sage
Sage

PostSubject: Re: Tournament!    Tournament!   - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 12, 2013 4:48 pm

It'd probably be better to keep everything in the same section. If you started the topic in the DB forum, then I would just keep everything related to the tourney in there.
Back to top Go down
A-train-DB

A-train-DB

PostSubject: Re: Tournament!    Tournament!   - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 12, 2013 5:53 pm

Okay, sounds good everyone.
Back to top Go down
sharman

sharman

PostSubject: Re: Tournament!    Tournament!   - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 13, 2013 7:59 am

u said 5 maps 1 veto to each team.
what about 5 races 1 veto to each team. maybe race veto could be done per match or for all games.
example:i no like trebs wars in 3rd party map. i veto aramon. Other team no want play vs veruna in cd/dc match...They veto veruna. sure veto will be for both teams...
Back to top Go down
A-train-DB

A-train-DB

PostSubject: Re: Tournament!    Tournament!   - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 13, 2013 9:31 am

I am sorry Sharman, but because this is a strategy game, I cannot allow race restrictions, nor unit restrictions. 

People can agree before each matchup to restrict certain units or tactics, but if all do not agree, than there are no unit/tactic restrictions. 

Also, each team being able to restrict/veto one map each round is strategic as well.  Lets say you know that a particular team likes to use trebuchets.  Than your team can veto a map that they feel best suits trebs.  Likewise, if you feel a certain team can dominate on cd/dc maps than veto one of them.

I too have lost many games to good "trebbers" and good Veruna players on cd/dc maps.  But, I cannot take away from their own accomplishments of becoming better at a certain race or tactic than myself.

Me and Myst also decided that there is going to be two cd/dc maps and three 3rd party maps available each round, simply because more people use 3rd party maps these days.  We tried to keep this balanced in conjunction to these times.
Back to top Go down
A-train-DB

A-train-DB

PostSubject: Re: Tournament!    Tournament!   - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 13, 2013 9:50 am

After having thought about this for the past 5-10 minutes, I would like to hear some feedback regarding trebuchets. 

Under the premise "in conjunction to these times," I feel that many may not join this tournament because of the rule of "People can agree before each matchup to restrict certain units or tactics, but if all do not agree, than there are no unit/tactic restrictions."  So, I fear that there is a question regarding how I feel is the integrity of this game verses getting more people to play.

So my question to everyone here is "Should we ban trebs unless all agree to use them or stick with the original rule?"
Back to top Go down
sharman

sharman

PostSubject: Re: Tournament!    Tournament!   - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 13, 2013 10:04 am

hi,
nope. Just to make clear: i no have problem with trebs neither veruna in cd/dc. Just give example because i know many ppl should like to play matchs with differents teams than expected aramon/veruna, veruna/veruna, aramon/suporter.

evilcleric
Back to top Go down
[K]Double

[K]Double

PostSubject: Re: Tournament!    Tournament!   - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 13, 2013 11:28 am

You have to trust your people. I say let them regulate themselves.
Back to top Go down
A-train-DB

A-train-DB

PostSubject: Re: Tournament!    Tournament!   - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 13, 2013 6:27 pm

That's good, Sharman!

Double, that sounds like good advice.  Myst and myself will try our best to not only make this a legit tournament, but easy for people to play in as well.  I hope that makes sense to everyone!
Back to top Go down
A-train-DB

A-train-DB

PostSubject: Re: Tournament!    Tournament!   - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 14, 2013 7:13 pm

Registration begins this Saturday!
Back to top Go down
Sage
Sage

PostSubject: Re: Tournament!    Tournament!   - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 14, 2013 7:28 pm

Where? What is the prize?
Back to top Go down
A-train-DB

A-train-DB

PostSubject: Re: Tournament!    Tournament!   - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 14, 2013 7:38 pm

Registration will be anywhere someone can get a hold of Myst or myself.  There will be a few options: here on the forum, private messages, or in a room I will keep open at various times on Gameranger. 

I would like for people to give their email to me and Myst with the sole purpose of contacting players with assisting in setting up dates/times for matches to be played.  However, giving out your email is not required.  It would just be very helpful.
Back to top Go down
Sage
Sage

PostSubject: Re: Tournament!    Tournament!   - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 14, 2013 7:59 pm

Sage wrote:
What is the prize?
What kind of maps? cd/dc, 3rd party? Will it be a one tourney race, such as an aramon tourney, veruna, etc...? That way, you could make different type of tourneys every now and then. And each winner would have a title like King of Aramon or King of Taros, and so on. We could also have a forum section to remember the tourney winners.
Back to top Go down
A-train-DB

A-train-DB

PostSubject: Re: Tournament!    Tournament!   - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 14, 2013 8:13 pm

Oh, I had almost forgot to answer that question of "What is the prize?"

That has not been firmly established yet.  It will depend on how many join and of course the extra cash that I might just have.  I'll give an estimate just to answer your question although it is subject to change.  These prizes are based on this probably being a "low stakes" tournament and in U.S. Dollars.  .

1st Prize - $40 
2nd Prize - $20
3rd Prize - $10

This would mean I would probably have to cough up $140.00.  The actual prizes will be announced before the tournament begins

As for the maps.. There will be 5 maps issued by Myst and myself each round.  Each team gets to veto or remove one map.  The other 3 will have to be played on.  There will be 2 cd/dc maps and 3 3rd party maps each round.  Each player may use any race.  Although, that is not a bad idea at all to have a King of Aramon etc. Tournaments.  But that type of event will have to be created some other time.

Last edited by A-train-DB on Thu Nov 14, 2013 8:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
[K]Double

[K]Double

PostSubject: Re: Tournament!    Tournament!   - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 14, 2013 8:15 pm

Quote :
And each winner would have a title like King of Aramon or King of Taros, and so on.
That title has already been fought for Wink
Back to top Go down
A-train-DB

A-train-DB

PostSubject: Re: Tournament!    Tournament!   - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 14, 2013 8:18 pm

Oh, and the full listing of rules will be posted sometime tomorrow after Myst and myself go over them a final time.  The next day, Registration will begin.
Back to top Go down
Sage
Sage

PostSubject: Re: Tournament!    Tournament!   - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 14, 2013 8:20 pm

[K]Double wrote:

Quote :
And each winner would have a title like King of Aramon or King of Taros, and so on.
That title has already been fought for  Wink
Yeah, I totally forgot that Triple won that tourney; he did actually use 3 different races in the finals, and won all 3 games. We could still host one race tourneys in the future.
Back to top Go down
A-train-DB

A-train-DB

PostSubject: Re: Tournament!    Tournament!   - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 15, 2013 10:15 am

This tournament is now co-sponsored by the [K]ing clan! 

Funding for this tournament is now secure.  This may now mean the Prize amounts may be adjusted.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tournament!    Tournament!   - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Tournament!
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2