TA: Kingdoms Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to TA: Kingdoms

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Hey Mav

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Capt Savage

Capt Savage

Hey Mav Empty
PostSubject: Hey Mav   Hey Mav EmptySat Jan 04, 2014 1:38 am

So I tried New Era with lord chris the other day and I must admit I like it a lot. The possibilities are endless and I think with enough tweaking it could take over current TAK. First things first tho... you gotta make a How to video or page dedicated to step by step instructions on setting it up. couldn't take more then a few hours to do a decent one because a lot of the time people don't want to mess with it is because they plain and simple are intimidated by tackling the process themselves so that's my first suggestion. secondly the thing that in my opinion makes TAK so great is the Monarch and I'm not sure if its because its new to me, or I haven't been playing the right map but it seems like the focus has shifted more towards units and not so much the monarch. Only suggestion I can think of is maybe give them some more health or better defense? Also is there a way you can work into adding another race? such as the azurians? we've been playing your mod in switcher with races also enabled and we seem to crash quite a bit so we never really get to finish a game it could be anything from a gate attacking to a building being destroyed. I'm willing to do error testing and make notes for you... also i haven't checked but are bonus in new era the same as TAK? like the titan, aco, monarch super-wave? Are you able to add any new ones that could give currently not as used units a new purpose? Sorry that was a lot of comments and suggestions but i didn't want to make separate posts for all questions.
Back to top Go down
Lord chris

Lord chris

Hey Mav Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hey Mav   Hey Mav EmptySat Jan 04, 2014 5:30 am

well sage was thinking of illohir but vearun never got back to him and azurains we where usen version 2 version 4 has been out thats why it crashed and yeah sage fixed some unused units (i uses all units like the motherfucken rictus Very Happy) but in new era the mon can lvl up so yeah if you use your mon more you can lvl them to badass proputions to me trisha is the easyest to lvl do to her abilty to come and \"****\' shit up and leave and all units keep the abiltys they had in otak
Back to top Go down
Sage
Lead Designer of The New Era Expansion Project
Sage

Hey Mav Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hey Mav   Hey Mav EmptySat Jan 04, 2014 2:28 pm

Every 3rd party race except for illohir have issues, and this is why the game crashes; It's not the mod but the 3rd party races.

I did put emphasis on the monarchs as well. They can get veteran, and will get stronger every time their veterancy level increases.

I wouldn't recommend trying out the 3rd party stuff with the switcher because tak will eventually crash.
Back to top Go down
https://takuniverse.webs.com/
Lord chris

Lord chris

Hey Mav Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hey Mav   Hey Mav EmptySun Jan 05, 2014 1:55 am

Objection only the broken 3rd party races will crash as i have said before delean, and illohir, and Eitha are the best of the dl races and i mean the best of the best because they are well balanced now the other races like cursed, brakada, fairy, demons, hunter, tyrak, undead, solaron, azurians, order of light, and The Banished arnt bad they either have something that makes them op or useless after a certain point.

Cursed is useless in long game
Brakada is slow as hell and there shit is expsensive
Fairys T5 and 6 can break the game
Demons has some very op units well only 2 bats from hell and some flying T2 unit and they get flying builders from the start
hunter needs some slight modding and is missing some textures
Tyrak is being reworked but right now it needs a T2 loadstone and the T2 building gives mana
solaron needs sight
Aziauns is in V4 so its ok
The banished is just fucking ugly as \"****\' and is full of some bugs
And Undead needs some tweaking her and there
Now out all these problems they are atleast play able and dont crash well azuins V2 crashes alot so its either the races or the mods fault because they both run perfectly together
Back to top Go down
Sage
Sage

Hey Mav Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hey Mav   Hey Mav EmptyMon Jan 06, 2014 4:53 pm

This doesn't look easy enough? http://kingdoms.heavenforum.org/t1202-newera-50-has-been-released

It's only 3 steps that you have to follow. It's easy as one, two and three Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Capt Savage

Capt Savage

Hey Mav Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hey Mav   Hey Mav EmptyMon Jan 06, 2014 5:56 pm

Yeah but that was for new era. Which I already had played and installed what I needed to set up was switcher downloading races adding those races to your kingdoms folder removing kingdoms.key (which mine has now disappeared since playing with mods) loading and starting the switcher and launching your game from game ranger. New era has fairly easy to follow instructions but it's always easier to just make a video and show someone exactly what to do. Instead of the video at the bottom of that page that's just a video of the tak intro screen it should be a video of setting up how to install it properly. Not everyone is a tech savvy as the next guy. Your going to run across language barriers and incompetent idiots. Just think it makes sense to make a how to for dummy's video if you want more people to play
Back to top Go down
Sage
Sage

Hey Mav Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hey Mav   Hey Mav EmptyMon Jan 06, 2014 8:39 pm

How about this one? http://kingdoms.heavenforum.org/t1170-video-tak-switcher-tutorial

It can be found under tutorials/ programs.
Back to top Go down
Capt Savage

Capt Savage

Hey Mav Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hey Mav   Hey Mav EmptyTue Jan 07, 2014 12:43 am

That's exactly what I'm talking about. Just needs to start a bit earlier. This person already had the switcher installed. Like I said, dumb it down so anyone can use it. That way I can post the link in Craigslist under free stuff and people won't think it's some virus I'm having them download.
Back to top Go down
Sage
Sage

Hey Mav Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hey Mav   Hey Mav EmptyThu Jan 23, 2014 11:28 pm

So how is the gameplay so far?
Back to top Go down
Capt Savage

Capt Savage

Hey Mav Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hey Mav   Hey Mav EmptyFri Jan 24, 2014 12:04 am

Its nice, I like it. Not enough people play it.
Back to top Go down
$_ARTHAN

$_ARTHAN

Hey Mav Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hey Mav   Hey Mav EmptyFri Jan 24, 2014 5:54 am

Capt Savage wrote:
Its nice, I like it. Not enough people play it.

We need a New Era Tournament. More people would play it that way. Wink
Back to top Go down
Sage
Sage

Hey Mav Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hey Mav   Hey Mav EmptyWed May 22, 2019 11:14 pm

Arthan,

Your video is down! Could you please reupload it?

https://kingdoms.catsboard.com/t1170-video-tak-switcher-tutorial
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Hey Mav Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hey Mav   Hey Mav Empty

Back to top Go down

Hey Mav
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
TA: Kingdoms Forums :: PROJECTS :: The New Era Expansion :: Ideas and Suggestions-
Jump to: