TA: Kingdoms Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to TA: Kingdoms

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

League of Legends' Summoner's Rift Map for TA:K

Go down 
+6
Myst
$ MalinOMW
$_ARTHAN
rammstein
DK-Ricco
DeeKay
10 posters
AuthorMessage
DeeKay
Administrator
DeeKay

League of Legends' Summoner's Rift Map for TA:K Empty
PostSubject: League of Legends' Summoner's Rift Map for TA:K   League of Legends' Summoner's Rift Map for TA:K EmptyFri May 16, 2014 10:52 pm

Hey guyz,

I was thinking of making a map like League of Legends' Summoner's Rift Map, what do you guys think?

We could even make some scripts to make a MOBA system. Very Happy

League of Legends' Summoner's Rift Map for TA:K 4nabu7M

League of Legends' Summoner's Rift Map for TA:K QMbjTmj

Last edited by DK-DeeKay on Tue May 20, 2014 8:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://alltakdownloads.6te.net/
DK-Ricco

PostSubject: Re: League of Legends' Summoner's Rift Map for TA:K   League of Legends' Summoner's Rift Map for TA:K EmptySat May 17, 2014 11:22 am

Good idea. Call me for test.
Back to top Go down
rammstein

rammstein

PostSubject: Re: League of Legends' Summoner's Rift Map for TA:K   League of Legends' Summoner's Rift Map for TA:K EmptySun May 18, 2014 10:28 am

I thought about this before. It would be interesting to make a moba custom map/mod for TA:K. I don't know if it is possible to make creeps/minions that walks a predefined path. Buying items and leveling up is also a bit hard to do.
Back to top Go down
$_ARTHAN

$_ARTHAN

PostSubject: Re: League of Legends' Summoner's Rift Map for TA:K   League of Legends' Summoner's Rift Map for TA:K EmptySun May 18, 2014 4:31 pm

What kind of map is this? Furthermore, what is the condition of TA:K as long as I was missing (I know it is still alive)? Any new competitions/maps/mods)?
Back to top Go down
$ MalinOMW

$ MalinOMW

PostSubject: Re: League of Legends' Summoner's Rift Map for TA:K   League of Legends' Summoner's Rift Map for TA:K EmptyTue May 20, 2014 4:27 am

rammstein wrote:
I thought about this before. It would be interesting to make a moba custom map/mod for TA:K. I don't know if it is possible to make creeps/minions that walks a predefined path. Buying items and leveling up is also a bit hard to do.

yep its quite hard, and same as in SC1 it would be little differenet than any other moba game,
about leveling there are 2 ways (or both in same time)
random ideas (i won't be able to much help this project in real physic way ;/, so i will throw some shi-ts from my head )
Spoiler:
anyway any version of that map should be interesting, i just share some "of my vision" about it but i might be wrong (remeber i am big fan of SC1, so it change point of view)
Back to top Go down
Myst

Myst

PostSubject: Re: League of Legends' Summoner's Rift Map for TA:K   League of Legends' Summoner's Rift Map for TA:K EmptyTue May 20, 2014 11:54 am

it will suck. Impossible to make it good
Back to top Go down
DeeKay
Administrator
DeeKay

PostSubject: Re: League of Legends' Summoner's Rift Map for TA:K   League of Legends' Summoner's Rift Map for TA:K EmptyTue May 20, 2014 8:25 pm

$_myst wrote:

Thanks for the motivation Myst, haha. It won't suck, it's a good idea.

I added some Summoner's Rift Map images in the main post.
Back to top Go down
$_ARTHAN

$_ARTHAN

PostSubject: Re: League of Legends' Summoner's Rift Map for TA:K   League of Legends' Summoner's Rift Map for TA:K EmptyWed May 21, 2014 10:15 am

DK-DeeKay wrote:
$_myst wrote:

Thanks for the motivation Myst, haha. It won't suck, it's a good idea.

I added some Summoner's Rift Map images in the main post.

I actually agree with Myst in this one. I am the first person who loves to see new TA:K scripted/modded maps, but how are we going to create a decent sized LoL map (decent= not very big, not very small) with our current TA:K tiles/palettes? Furthermore, how are we going to create such a complex script while we have such a few experience with scripted/modded maps as a community?

Other than that, I approve every kind of scripted/modded map, though I feel it is going to direly fail.

If we started by making a simpler scripted version maybe?
Back to top Go down
rammstein

rammstein

PostSubject: Re: League of Legends' Summoner's Rift Map for TA:K   League of Legends' Summoner's Rift Map for TA:K EmptyWed May 21, 2014 4:38 pm

I think making a simple version first with only one lane would be a way to start. Creeps and towers should not be a big problem. The player choosing a hero would be easy to make. The difficult parts are leveling up and items.

Leveling up and gaining experience could be done using the system already used by TAK. This however has the drawback of the hero losing is level on respawn. I think one could use flags and/or resources for storing experience for a hero. Gaining experience could be done by having a script checking for a dead enemy hero and then increasing a flag. Leveling up could be done by checking for a flag being over a certain value. A simple solution for leveling up would be to change the type of a unit to a stronger one of the same type.

Back to top Go down
$_ARTHAN

$_ARTHAN

PostSubject: Re: League of Legends' Summoner's Rift Map for TA:K   League of Legends' Summoner's Rift Map for TA:K EmptyWed May 21, 2014 6:21 pm

Items are impossible. The only similar solution is using units which act as "companions" for heores and can be bought via a bazzar or something. Still, too much effort for a cheap LoL clone. Are we sure we want this? Maybe, just maybe, we should focus on creating new & original scripts; scripts that someone would find only in TA:K. Wink
Back to top Go down
DeeKay
Administrator
DeeKay

PostSubject: Re: League of Legends' Summoner's Rift Map for TA:K   League of Legends' Summoner's Rift Map for TA:K EmptyWed May 21, 2014 8:50 pm

Forget the items part or "levelling up", I just want to make a league of legends map, with TA:K system, (manas in the jungle, some weird monsters too, using veteran system)... It's simple to do, the hardest part would be creating the tilesets, etc, but I can do it.
Back to top Go down
Clay4141

Clay4141

PostSubject: Re: League of Legends' Summoner's Rift Map for TA:K   League of Legends' Summoner's Rift Map for TA:K EmptyMon Jun 23, 2014 9:47 am

Is this something you guys are still interested in attempting?
I may be able to expand some feedback on this type of map.

1) Making the map tiles would be easy. You can use any tileset, but Ver or Ara would probably look best. League is known for its colorful palette scheme.

2a) 2 different AI's would be needed to constantly send units to the others bases.
( we have done this in the past )
2b) This would stop players from controlling the minions; however they might just move from one end of the map to the other

3a) Towers could be already setup to attack the minions; again controlled by AI's
3b) The longer the game goes on for; the harder the towers will be to kill; because they will become bronze, silver, gold.
3c) Data values could be adjusted accordingly so minions die in 1/2/3 hit(s) from towers; maxdamage; attack damage; speed; modifiers of cannon minions against towers, and modifiers for super minions against monarchs.

4a) Pillar of Lights could be setup to act as inhibitors
4b) They could be scripted to respawn after x amount of minutes
4c) Inhibitors might be useless in TA:K MOBA tho... allowing Pillars could just be used as the NEXUS; which can heal nearby allied units

5) A shop seems like it wouldn't be possible

6) Monarchs can be selected at the start of the game. AXLROSE once made a map where you are in an arena and can choose the different monarchs to fight in an arena. You spawned as a Dark Mason in a seperate part of the map and depending on which rock formation you walked into, depended on which monarch you played. If you wanted to select Elsin everytime you could. After X amount of deaths you could automatically lose; or you could keep respawning until the NEXUS is destroyed.

7) Problems I see would be monachs racing to the enemy base to destroy the NEXUS(pillar of light or whatever) at the start of the game.

Cool Gameplay would be fast... but thats the problem with most MOBA's; they take entirely too long.. so this might be a benefit.

9a) TA:K allows 8 players max; with 2 AI's(if I recall, they still take up 2 spots in a game), that leaves 3 players per team. You could allow 1 player per lane. There are many different ideas that can be thrown around; but regardless I'd recommend a smaller map.
9b) The map would need to be contained with an arena around it so Monarchs could not walk over to the respawning zone. Probably cliffs surrounding the map. Thirsha might need to be the non-flying version to prevent people from flying to that side of the map.
9c) I'd think a scaled map could be made to 9x9 for the arena, but would probably need to be larger to fit the respawning zone.... maybe 13x13. Odd numbers work better for maps for TAK.
Back to top Go down
Clay4141

Clay4141

PostSubject: Re: League of Legends' Summoner's Rift Map for TA:K   League of Legends' Summoner's Rift Map for TA:K EmptyMon Jun 23, 2014 9:55 am

Something League suffers from is the timing it takes for units to make it across the map. The units travel corner to corner; and in TA:K minions spawning at the bottom of the map, but turn/rotate in order to walk up, and this will cause a slight advantage for the top of the map overtime. This is similar to why the players on the top side of the map in TA:K have an advantage. If I were to do something like this, I'd make the map go left to right. It would help balance the game.

Also, if a player tries to speedhack in this game, and that same player is the one who added the AI's; the AI's will also be speedhacking... Just an FYI to remember.
Back to top Go down
Lord chris

Lord chris

PostSubject: Re: League of Legends' Summoner's Rift Map for TA:K   League of Legends' Summoner's Rift Map for TA:K EmptyTue Jul 01, 2014 1:49 pm

Hmmm this would be fun but its not like tak doesnt have a shortage of monarchs ie dlc races monarchs can be used as for shops make a custom building that sells it with a script of its own plus you would need to change mana to gold or keep it as mana how ever you see fit

1. do be away that the take engine can hold 13 races including the 5 orignal so if you want to use all the monarchs everyone would need all the dlc races or you can pick from a list of races you want

2. the shop system would be awsome and like i said would need a custom building and script and i can see this being the hardest part to make plus you would need to create your own magical wepons and a way to see them and if there active a way to active them

3.you would need to find a passive for all the monarchs (ie champ)

4. as with clay said are you going to make custom buildings for the towers, inhibators, and nexus
and with the Ai it could be a built in ai if thats possable also you can have more than 5 poeple or have it as a mod and change the screen where you can have 12 poeple where theres 2 sport for the ai, ik this is possable and it would be a change in pace as the 2 extra sports would be ai exclusive.

5. the creeps now with this one you can use taro units or units from cursed, illohir, and delean and fairys, demons, Undead (not blight) as these races have a ample about of creep units that all could be in the game and with the nexus spawning minions are they going to be custom models now with this melee minions aramon soldiers caster minions acyolites, shaman, ot preist of lirh and the seige minion idk about those but blue side has cannon and purple side has like some sort of drill

now if all these are problems in there own right but you can do it and it would be very fun for a map like this
Back to top Go down
Sage
Lead Designer of The New Era Expansion Project
Sage

PostSubject: Re: League of Legends' Summoner's Rift Map for TA:K   League of Legends' Summoner's Rift Map for TA:K EmptyFri Jul 04, 2014 6:58 pm

This idea was taken from WarCraft III. One base sends units constantly where the AIs start, and the other base obviously is for the players, where they could start with the monarchs as heroes.

It would be pretty cool to use the NewEra units for this type of map since you could have the AIs send tier 1 units to start, t2, t3 and t4 ending while you get into the game more deeply.
Back to top Go down
https://takuniverse.webs.com/
Ying264

PostSubject: Re: League of Legends' Summoner's Rift Map for TA:K   League of Legends' Summoner's Rift Map for TA:K EmptySat Aug 30, 2014 3:14 pm

If you guys found a way to get this made..then i'm sure this could be an incredibly fun TAK script Smile
Back to top Go down
DeeKay
Administrator
DeeKay

PostSubject: Re: League of Legends' Summoner's Rift Map for TA:K   League of Legends' Summoner's Rift Map for TA:K EmptySat Aug 30, 2014 4:45 pm

I think it'd be better to wait for Summoner's Rift visual update, it'll happen after the worldcup.

League of Legends' Summoner's Rift Map for TA:K UbTPIlW

Smile
Back to top Go down
Sage
Lead Designer of The New Era Expansion Project
Sage

PostSubject: Re: League of Legends' Summoner's Rift Map for TA:K   League of Legends' Summoner's Rift Map for TA:K EmptySun Sep 07, 2014 12:32 pm

It looks pretty good. It reminds me of warcraft III a bit. Is this game already out?
Back to top Go down
https://takuniverse.webs.com/
Lord chris

Lord chris

PostSubject: Re: League of Legends' Summoner's Rift Map for TA:K   League of Legends' Summoner's Rift Map for TA:K EmptySat Sep 13, 2014 2:58 am

yeah but even after the rework i would still have the turrents and stuff made so atleast all you would have to do is make the map
Back to top Go down
DeeKay
Administrator
DeeKay

PostSubject: Re: League of Legends' Summoner's Rift Map for TA:K   League of Legends' Summoner's Rift Map for TA:K EmptySat Sep 13, 2014 7:36 am

Sage, League of Legends has already been released, ~4 years ago. It will only have a visual update in the main map.

Chris, yes, that's what we supposed to do... only the map... or it wouldn't be TA:K. =P
Back to top Go down
Myst

Myst

PostSubject: Re: League of Legends' Summoner's Rift Map for TA:K   League of Legends' Summoner's Rift Map for TA:K EmptyWed Oct 01, 2014 10:41 am

Manolo you must be very tired of being mod here lol
Back to top Go down
DeeKay
Administrator
DeeKay

PostSubject: Re: League of Legends' Summoner's Rift Map for TA:K   League of Legends' Summoner's Rift Map for TA:K EmptyWed Oct 01, 2014 8:33 pm

Lol Myst, were you sarcastic? Like if I do nothing. Sad (yes I don't but k) lol
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: League of Legends' Summoner's Rift Map for TA:K   League of Legends' Summoner's Rift Map for TA:K Empty

Back to top Go down

League of Legends' Summoner's Rift Map for TA:K
Page 1 of 1