TA: Kingdoms Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to TA: Kingdoms

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Best Player of All Time thread

Go down 
+8
White
Ying264
Clay4141
Riceloft
A-train-DB
$ MalinOMW
Sage
[K]Double
12 posters
AuthorMessage
[K]Double

[K]Double

Best Player of All Time thread Empty
PostSubject: Best Player of All Time thread   Best Player of All Time thread EmptySun Jul 20, 2014 4:35 pm

My vote goes to PGH.

Back to top Go down
Sage
Lead Designer of The New Era Expansion Project
Sage

PostSubject: Re: Best Player of All Time thread   Best Player of All Time thread EmptySun Jul 20, 2014 5:13 pm

Who's PGH?
Back to top Go down
https://takuniverse.webs.com/
[K]Double

[K]Double

PostSubject: Re: Best Player of All Time thread   Best Player of All Time thread EmptyMon Jul 21, 2014 2:06 am

Paddy green horn.

My W/L is terrible against him :/
Back to top Go down
Sage
Sage

PostSubject: Re: Best Player of All Time thread   Best Player of All Time thread EmptyMon Jul 21, 2014 3:01 pm

"Everybody knows that" Razz
Back to top Go down
$ MalinOMW

$ MalinOMW

PostSubject: Re: Best Player of All Time thread   Best Player of All Time thread EmptyWed Jul 23, 2014 5:18 am

The Stig is the best one, he never lose, just sometimes he needs to leave from the game
Back to top Go down
Sage
Sage

PostSubject: Re: Best Player of All Time thread   Best Player of All Time thread EmptyWed Jul 23, 2014 8:50 pm

Who's The Stig?
Back to top Go down
A-train-DB

A-train-DB

PostSubject: Re: Best Player of All Time thread   Best Player of All Time thread EmptyFri Jul 25, 2014 8:18 am

The Paddz. Hands down. Everyone's W/L ratio was terrible against him. Honestly back in the day I did beat him 1v1 4 out of about 10 times, but he had Carn's number and I never beat Carn once.. not once. Sad

Joker likes this post

Back to top Go down
$ MalinOMW

$ MalinOMW

PostSubject: Re: Best Player of All Time thread   Best Player of All Time thread EmptySat Jul 26, 2014 10:13 am

Sage wrote:
Who's The Stig?

you don't know him, so he doesn't know you, shame
Back to top Go down
[K]Double

[K]Double

PostSubject: Re: Best Player of All Time thread   Best Player of All Time thread EmptySat Jul 26, 2014 12:46 pm

Probably just another **** talking nobody. Reputation counts.
Back to top Go down
Riceloft

PostSubject: Re: Best Player of All Time thread   Best Player of All Time thread EmptyWed Jul 30, 2014 8:37 am

Jim-UK was pretty good too. I think he and Paddy always had pretty close matches.
Back to top Go down
Sage
Sage

PostSubject: Re: Best Player of All Time thread   Best Player of All Time thread EmptyFri Aug 01, 2014 1:19 pm

$ MalinOMW wrote:
Sage wrote:
Who's The Stig?

you don't know him, so he doesn't know you, shame

I started playing in mid GS times, so most likely I do not know him..
Back to top Go down
$ MalinOMW

$ MalinOMW

PostSubject: Re: Best Player of All Time thread   Best Player of All Time thread EmptySat Aug 02, 2014 4:35 am

[K]Double wrote:
Probably just another **** talking nobody.  Reputation counts.

it doesn't talk, it use mind instead*, his cousin is very famous in Top Gear

*it life in parallel universe
Back to top Go down
Clay4141

Clay4141

PostSubject: Re: Best Player of All Time thread   Best Player of All Time thread EmptyWed Aug 13, 2014 10:39 pm

I can agree that Paddy was one of the best players. If I had to pick, I'd probably pick him as the best, but I do recall many good players over time.
Mplayer/early GSA had some killer players.

I recall Paddy's height, IMO was when he was in UK. UK/XII had some of best players if you ask me. They would always battle eachother and they always accepted challenges. When they weren't accepting challenges, they would fight eachother. Paddy excelled at spread mana. I recall KingKong always playing with/against Paddy.
Along with Paddy, I'd agree Carn was also up there. Along with Immy.

There were many other good players. CW had Chippy. Tho with his Aussie ping/bandwidth limits he sometimes got put at a disadvantage.

Fastforward to the end of GSA; and I'd say that 6T6 worked really well together. SOMA was one of my favorite people to play against. Very witty. Thirsha (Spiel) had some pretty impressive games too. And when these guys were on the same team, they had really good teamwork. They also mastered the shadow building with gates/mons and Spiel/Soma were the ones to teach me Thirsha's ranged wave, totem blocking.

On a side note; Sage what the hell happened to your brother?
Back to top Go down
Ying264

PostSubject: Re: Best Player of All Time thread   Best Player of All Time thread EmptySun Aug 31, 2014 11:29 am

I remember copperheard always being the tourny winner on the gamespy being from UK I couldn't ever play the tournies due to the times. Though I did beat copperhead a few times.

CW had a lot of great players. Lupo+beaver and yourself Clay, i was fairly decent back in the GS days. I remember wafflecakes+homsac WG being good too.

Started playing again over the past 2 days, so would be great to play a few. Usually hosting on GR
Back to top Go down
White

PostSubject: Re: Best Player of All Time thread   Best Player of All Time thread EmptyTue Sep 02, 2014 3:39 am

MPlayer: Finny

Early GSA: Finny, Carn, Instructor

Mid GSA: Kaiser, Finny

Late GSA: DoS, Kaiser, Soma
Back to top Go down
Ying264

PostSubject: Re: Best Player of All Time thread   Best Player of All Time thread EmptyTue Sep 02, 2014 11:48 am

I remember kaiser_dragon.. he used to smurf under 007 a lot too
Back to top Go down
Carnageking

PostSubject: Re: Best Player of All Time thread   Best Player of All Time thread EmptyFri Sep 05, 2014 7:26 pm

A-train-DB wrote:
The Paddz.  Hands down.  Everyone's W/L ratio was terrible against him.  Honestly back in the day I did beat him 1v1 4 out of about 10 times, but he had Carn's number and I never beat Carn once.. not once. Sad  

Yeah... it's not like I was going 'OMG I have to beat paddy' and got nervous. He smurfed me repeatedly in tournaments and still beat me. Although I could tell it was him pretty early during the match.
Back to top Go down
ThunderAcoustic

PostSubject: Re: Best Player of All Time thread   Best Player of All Time thread EmptySat Sep 13, 2014 8:36 am

Hey there!

I just played some Supreme Commander: Forged Alliance (amazing game, if you liked this you should like it) and it made me think of this game so I came here and signed up. Then this post made me think of all the old people I used to play with. Maybe some of them are still here.

I remember back in beginning in the Boneyard days and Mplayer days my brother RedMustard and I would play quite often. We weren't the best players but we played a lot and had a lot of fun. Great community! Some of the best players I remember were someone named shadow and Corey but I think they may have had numbers on the end of their names or something or other. Maybe my brother would remember since he was in their clan I think which I also don't remember the name of. It was like 15 years ago after all.

I was one of the founding members of Avenging Angels with an Australian kid and his dad I do believe. Very nice people. Those were some fun times alright! I don't think I ever got on Gamespy. Mplayer was the end of it for me. So many good times. Thank you!

My vote would have been shadow and Corey for the best players of all time (at least up to when Mplayer disappeared and Boneyards never worked anymore) but my brother was pretty good too.

ThunderAcoustic
Back to top Go down
[K]Double

[K]Double

PostSubject: Re: Best Player of All Time thread   Best Player of All Time thread EmptyMon Sep 15, 2014 8:46 pm

I remember the AA clan, always respectful, honorable, and all around good people.

Nice to meet you, Thunder!
Back to top Go down
$ MalinOMW

$ MalinOMW

PostSubject: Re: Best Player of All Time thread   Best Player of All Time thread EmptyTue Sep 16, 2014 4:49 am

\"*****\" please i am best player
just going to back in time and rape everyone

btw seriously nice thread for people who weren't with this game from begin
i started on 2008nov
there were ace ctrl dissekeur(not joker yet) and many other whos play today still
most annoying opponent (even today) is joker he is too rushy for me, and that small map picks
Back to top Go down
White

PostSubject: Re: Best Player of All Time thread   Best Player of All Time thread EmptyTue Sep 16, 2014 7:14 am

Ying264 wrote:
I remember kaiser_dragon.. he used to smurf under 007 a lot too

Kaiser didn't Smurf on 007, kaiser taught 007.

007 = DoS/Black-6T6
Back to top Go down
DK-Ricco

PostSubject: Re: Best Player of All Time thread   Best Player of All Time thread EmptyTue Sep 16, 2014 2:45 pm

I have played for last 2 years ago, and my list to the best players (This list refers only to the time that I have played) is: Player 1 (Diplomat, akey.on, arci.on, landherr), Sage, X_DB, Rachy_DB, MalinOMW, Double and DK-Manolo.
Back to top Go down
[K]Double

[K]Double

PostSubject: Re: Best Player of All Time thread   Best Player of All Time thread EmptyWed Sep 17, 2014 1:00 am

Joker has always been a heavy hitter with his monarch, probably one of the best in recent memory. Don't let the guy get cannons out or you are fucked. He likes small maps because it puts him in his element.
Back to top Go down
Tarosking-DB

PostSubject: Re: Best Player of All Time thread   Best Player of All Time thread EmptyFri Mar 04, 2016 4:58 pm

Ying264 wrote:
I remember copperheard always being the tourny winner on the gamespy being from UK I couldn't ever play the tournies due to the times. Though I did beat copperhead a few times.

CW had a lot of great players. Lupo+beaver and yourself Clay, i was fairly decent back in the GS days. I remember wafflecakes+homsac WG being good too.

Started playing again over the past 2 days, so would be great to play a few. Usually hosting on GR

Hey thats me!

Between Tarosking/Copperhead I won 3 or 4 KOTH tourneys. A-train and I always came close in the 2v2's but usually lost to teams of Paddy/Manxie or Paddy/Carn.

I'm a little late to this post, but since i'm scrolling back through memory lane.. Paddy, Carnage, Jim009, and Darksphere were always the guys that I tried my hardest to beat and failed to do so most of the time. There were others that were definitely good in that era and could win in any given game, just not as consistently as those guys.

Whoever Ying is though, thanks for the ego stroking.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Best Player of All Time thread   Best Player of All Time thread Empty

Back to top Go down

Best Player of All Time thread
Page 1 of 1