TA: Kingdoms Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to TA: Kingdoms

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Radar blips

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Vhaerun

Vhaerun

Radar blips Empty
PostSubject: Radar blips   Radar blips EmptyTue Jul 12, 2016 12:03 am

As Paladin pointed out about the radar blips being small, how about some of our resident artists try to improve them, such as making them larger or more definable. The blips are in blips.gaf but appear to be in TA palette because when extracted, they have blue backgrounds.
Back to top Go down
Vhaerun

Vhaerun

Radar blips Empty
PostSubject: Re: Radar blips   Radar blips EmptyTue Jul 12, 2016 9:51 pm

So I made the radar blips larger( 250% larger than normal ). However, on the normal minimap in the corner, the larger blips look awful esp. with lots of units. But with the FSR map, the blips look decent.

Minimap:

Radar blips 30ngqb8

FSR:

Radar blips 2u8c4di

Appears we have to figure how to have the: 1) radar blips scale smaller on the minimap, 2) make the minimap larger, i.e. as in use all that black space, 3) use a different gaf file for the minimap vs the FSR.
Back to top Go down
Sage
Lead Designer of The New Era Expansion Project
Sage

Radar blips Empty
PostSubject: Re: Radar blips   Radar blips EmptyFri Jul 15, 2016 11:37 pm

Vhaerun,

I don't think it's possible to make the mini map larger in order to occupy more of the black space. The reason is that it's already using the entire width of that column in proportion to the dimensions of the screen. If the purpose is to make the mini map larger, then I think that entire right column would have to be resized, not just the mini map.

Is this what you are trying to achieve? Did I make any sense?

Sage
Back to top Go down
https://takuniverse.webs.com/
Vhaerun

Vhaerun

Radar blips Empty
PostSubject: Re: Radar blips   Radar blips EmptySat Jul 16, 2016 12:41 am

The thing is the right column can be expanded which i did with the Illohir GUI so I could add more numbers to the mana crystal. I just did not like playing with huge mana maps and filling in all that mana just to watch it cap off at four or five numbers. However, I do not think resizing the mini map would work; we would need to figure how to add a different gaf file just for the mini map to use instead of the mini map and big radar map using the same gaf file which can skew the blips.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Radar blips Empty
PostSubject: Re: Radar blips   Radar blips Empty

Back to top Go down

Radar blips
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
TA: Kingdoms Forums :: GENERAL :: General Chat-
Jump to: