TA: Kingdoms Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to TA: Kingdoms

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New Era 5.1

Go down 
+2
Sage
Vhaerun
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Vhaerun

Vhaerun

New Era 5.1 Empty
PostSubject: New Era 5.1   New Era 5.1 EmptyMon Oct 10, 2016 1:48 am

Good mod!

Concerning zhon kobold's slave. Why is it a unique unit as in only one can be built? And it crashes the game when it hits something. However, I fixed the unit so it works. Something wrong with the weapon being called weapon and the script not liking that but it is more complicated than that.

Also zhon should stay with there mobility factor as in keeping buildings to a minimum and using other builders to build new units?

Just some insight, Sage if you happen to read this.
Back to top Go down
Sage
Lead Designer of The New Era Expansion Project
Sage

New Era 5.1 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Era 5.1   New Era 5.1 EmptyMon May 08, 2017 7:56 pm

Hi Vaerun,

If I remember correctly, every race has its t1 heroe unit, which is why it's limited to one. Could you please upload and link the fixed unit here?

Are the zhon builders static? They shouldn't be. I think the only building unit is the treehouse, a t1 builder. It was made into a stronger unit to avoid the builders getting waved in the begging of the game as a way to balance out all races. What do you think?
Back to top Go down
https://takuniverse.webs.com/
Vhaerun

Vhaerun

New Era 5.1 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Era 5.1   New Era 5.1 EmptyTue May 09, 2017 12:02 pm

Been awhile! Good idea with the T1 hero. Not sure what I did to fix that unit, although after looking it up, did notice it did not have any frozen/stoned fbi tags or cantbestoned/cantbefrozen.

Update: Looked at another 5.1 new era file and noticed what was wrong: The 3do model has weapon as a model. Change that to sword or something else, not weapon because weapon is used as a local variable in the attack script.

Last edited by Vhaerun on Tue May 09, 2017 12:13 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Update)
Back to top Go down
Lagi

New Era 5.1 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Era 5.1   New Era 5.1 EmptyThu Aug 10, 2017 12:42 pm

I just start playing TAK few days ago. Jump right into NA5.1. I didnt play any multi, so I'm noob, and what I writte is probably heresy. so far i played only Taros, I didnt play vanilla, so im not sure what is realated to mod and what not.

you can build many Mirazi Heket characters, it should be only one at the time

t3 dark priest shouldnt be able to assist with units building. I hate constructor assist-spam near factory in TA. dark mason work nice in this regards.

t4 summoner isn't missing some builder flag? i can not mark him with key-shortcut.

gargoyle seems less useful than fly's. flys can attack but gargoyles not?! its completly abstract.

skull thrower is too good as tier 1 siege unit. it should be shitty balistic weapon usefull only to hit the immobilized target with a little bigger range than tower (even outrange by late towers). projectile should be slower and do less damage to units. right now its most used by me unit.

ghost ship is too cheap as all terrain transport, available too soon. It render navy useless.

cult of loken ship sounds are played all the time, it pissed off.

what is the point for not setting invisible mana vault or well of souls. Short period of blinking, if mana is depleted? invisibility shouldnt drain mana ?

what is the point to switch chaos jammer off, what it do? it radar area anyway either on or off.

pirate ship is not able to create piranha?

Lokken can not resurects zombie in patrol mode? micro its too cumbersome to use this skill.
Back to top Go down
Sage
Sage

New Era 5.1 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Era 5.1   New Era 5.1 EmptySat Mar 10, 2018 9:18 pm

Hi Lagi,

I've just came back to this game in general, today. I'll try to get to your comment as soon as I can.

Thank you for the feedback.

Sage
Back to top Go down
Sage
Sage

New Era 5.1 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Era 5.1   New Era 5.1 EmptySun Mar 11, 2018 7:41 pm

Lagi,

I'd recommend starting with vanilla to understand the basics of the game. it could turn out to be confusing if you start with the mod, but I'll try to answer your questions as best as possible.

1. There is no unit limit in Aramon's Assassin, so to balance the game, Mirazi shouldn't either.

2. Assisting should come later in game when T3 and T4 units are available. It'd be hard to handle mana if Dark Mason's assist from the very begging.

3. I'll look into why the T4 Summoner doesn't get selected when pressing ctrl+b.

4. Gargoyle's purpose is to scout. Fly's purpose is to attack.

5. Skull Thrower - "projectile should be slower and do less damage to units" This is very good feedback. I'll look into it.

6. I haven't change any stats on ghost ship. I think it's pretty balance since it's a slow moving unit and very easy to kill by t1 archers. What do you guys think?

7. Lol at the Cult of Lokken. I agree. I'll look into it.

8. Invisibility for the Well of Souls only drains the units mana. If you uncloak the unit, let the mana build up, then it should give you tons of time to cloak it. Invisibility is meant for enemy's units passing by and not being able to attack it.

9. The Chaos Jammer gives tons of radar, similar to a Veruna lighthouse, which gives sight.

10.  Piranhas can be built by Dark Masons. The purpose of the t1 building ships is to build t1 structures and units, units that look as if they're coming out of the ships such as executioners and black knights.
Veruna is the only race that can build t2 defense structures because it is meant to have the advantage in the water.

11. If you hold the shift key and click over dead units, you can quickly select in large amounts. I don't know if it's possible to resurrect units in patrol mode. Vhaerun - is this possible?

Thanks for your feedback, Lagi.

Sage

Last edited by Sage on Wed Apr 17, 2019 10:18 pm; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
APM

New Era 5.1 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Era 5.1   New Era 5.1 EmptyFri May 25, 2018 3:52 am

Good to see there is still some activity on this wonderful mod.

Thanks to all who have helped to create it.

The priority should be to stop the game from crashing to desktop. Sadly without fixing this is isnt really playable.
Not an easy thing to do I know.
Back to top Go down
Vhaerun

Vhaerun

New Era 5.1 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Era 5.1   New Era 5.1 EmptySat Jun 02, 2018 4:45 pm

Apm,

If you wish to try and fix this mod, I can help. All I need you to do is pinpoint the unit or units. The best way to do this is to to take off LOS, save often and then scroll around the map as you play and hopefully when you scroll around, the map will crash at that area so you can narrow down the unit. I would do this but I do not have time trying to find the errors.
Back to top Go down
Wqaopl

Wqaopl

New Era 5.1 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Era 5.1   New Era 5.1 EmptyFri Jun 08, 2018 4:25 pm

you could start with the chariot archer and the mermaid who crashes when exiting water =}
Back to top Go down
Vhaerun

Vhaerun

New Era 5.1 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Era 5.1   New Era 5.1 EmptyMon Jun 11, 2018 1:02 pm

Ok, those two units are fixed. See bug file for changes. Send me more unit bugs/crashes. I want to help Sage get this mod working right so it it playable.

Sage, I would advise that you need to go over the units fbi files and look for tags that do not exist. Such as when I was playing against Taros, I noticed the skullpult's weapon did not explode on contact with a surface. The explosion class was wrong/did not exist in the explosion tdf. However, I did update both.
I also noticed someone pointed out the skullpult was too good, so i changed the weapon tolerance to be more general and not so exacting.
Download: NewEra 5.1.1a
Back to top Go down
Lagi

New Era 5.1 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Era 5.1   New Era 5.1 EmptySun Aug 19, 2018 6:17 pm

I very happy to see your answers!

i was playing vanilla today - to get the old school vibe, and be in better position to complain on the mod in future Razz
Back to top Go down
adreanor

New Era 5.1 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Era 5.1   New Era 5.1 EmptyTue Aug 21, 2018 11:33 am

hi sage,

i recently tested your mod to see what unit you chose to add and how you organised the races.
i must say i have a mitiged feeling about your mod and while there is some good ideas, there is also some very annoying stuff. i havn't tested creon yet but i have tested all the other 4 races.
also i just tested everything without really playing againt AI or someone else so my feedback will be based on the units themselves and overall feeling rather than gameplay agianst other ppl.

i ll start with the good stuff then?
■ well i liked how you tried to incorporate a tier system for every one with some similarities for every races.

■ Some units are wonderfull and would greatly fit vanilla.

■ No crash for me !! Surprised

sadly here comes the bad stuff and what i disliked.
■ first of all the overall feeling i had after testinjg your mod was a big lack of polish. some units were horrible and did not fit TAK at all. nearly all t4 units are oversized. its painfull to watch and it does not make me want to play with them. some units have horrible sound effect (like the veruna rain master when he use his ability. it rains for 2 seconds but you have a loud rain sound effect  for more than twice the duration of the spell..)

■ i recognized alot of 3rd party units there and while its nice to try to enlarge the units possibilities it can do the opposite effect when you don't really know what to build because there is too many units everywhere that look too similar. (TAK is also at fault here since you can't put unit descriptions.)

■ the mod is very inconsistant. i felt like some units was just put there without any real work on rebalancing those 3rd party units. but i also saw some minor change here and there on the sound effect and attacks on others. (the mod is not finished anyway and i think all those little details will be fixed/reworked at one point anyway.)

■ the thing i hated the most was the t4 units (most of them since i did found some untouched ones). big oversized horrible units that would be awesome with their original size and move speed.
if i would have to name one thing that may encourage me to not play new era would be the t4 units.
enlarging some units is fine if it fit them. but some models are not meant to be enlarged and it makes my eyes bleed. (sorry i don't have precise exemple in mind but i guess you understand what i mean.)

■ i understood that the goal of new era was, beside creating a tier system, giving to every race the same means of fighting. all of them have now bulidings, anti air tower, boats, wizards with cataclysmic spells, AOE mind converter units, etc..
i understand what you tried to do here but it result of the races losing identity.

■ Taros felt a bit empty compared to the other 3 races in term of new units. (i mean actuall original taros themed units that isn't just a clone of another race unit) (excluding t4) but thats maybe just me.

Well thats it for my first feedback for new era. not a very good one i know but i can't say i liked something when i didn't ^^. i know finding good new 3rd party units to use is a bit hard sometimes.
but there is an overall lack of polish and a (IMO) bad choice of t4 units modification that could be worked on.
i'd say i first liked but then disliked your mod. maybe i might enjoy it in battle agianst another player ? (not with the t4 units tho). i don't know if you had that kind of negative feedback before but here's a big one ^^. i hope that doesn't discourage you to continue working on it.

if you ever want to discuss about new era or TAK stuff you can find me on deekay's TAK discord.(ako)

have a nice day Smile

i ll know proceed to test creon side.
Back to top Go down
Lagi

New Era 5.1 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Era 5.1   New Era 5.1 EmptyWed Aug 22, 2018 3:23 pm

nice post, adreanor

I also think that the units are "inconsistent".

f.ex.
the scorpion its only stunning, with this size each attack should do physical harm to opponent - honestly its so big, i though its some T1 super-combatant.
If its so weak that he only stun victim, then maybe he should be half-human size

fly is an offensive flying unit, while gargoyle (with muscle arms and legs) is only a scout :/
a tremendous cognitive dissonance
Back to top Go down
Lagi

New Era 5.1 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Era 5.1   New Era 5.1 EmptyWed Aug 22, 2018 3:45 pm

Sage wrote:

11. If you hold the shift key and click over dead units, you can quickly select in large amounts. I don't know if it's possible to resurrect units in patrol mode. Vhaerun - is this possible?

you can multi necro corpse with hold R click and box mark area - the cleaning icon will appear
Back to top Go down
APM

New Era 5.1 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Era 5.1   New Era 5.1 EmptyWed Oct 24, 2018 12:09 pm

Thanks Vhaerun,

I will give your suggestion a go and see if I can help. First I would need to download the very latest version of the new era mod, so Im not getting a load of crashes from bugs that have already been fixed, that woudnt be helpful. Please let me know where I can get this for testing.

I noticed quite a lot of units from earlier versions of the mod have been removed in later versions, for example the water mage etc. Why were they removed? because they were unbalanced, or because they were crashing the game? I still see them in the editor.

I hear mention of uploading things to the new era bestiary, what/where is this?

Awesome work, all the best
Back to top Go down
Sage
Sage

New Era 5.1 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Era 5.1   New Era 5.1 EmptySun Apr 14, 2019 3:01 pm

Adreanor,

Below are my responses. I'm also documenting all specific finding here: https://kingdoms.catsboard.com/t1346-newera-5-2-in-progress

Quote :
sadly here comes the bad stuff and what i disliked.
■ first of all the overall feeling i had after testinjg your mod was a big lack of polish. some units were horrible and did not fit TAK at all. nearly all t4 units are oversized. its painfull to watch and it does not make me want to play with them. some units have horrible sound effect (like the veruna rain master when he use his ability. it rains for 2 seconds but you have a loud rain sound effect  for more than twice the duration of the spell..)

T4 Units were oversized for them to be recognized as being more powerful. The sound effects need to be worked on. If you could make a list of the units that have this problem, it would help us a lot, that way we'd have a record of which units need this problem fixed.

Quote :

■ i recognized alot of 3rd party units there and while its nice to try to enlarge the units possibilities it can do the opposite effect when you don't really know what to build because there is too many units everywhere that look too similar. (TAK is also at fault here since you can't put unit descriptions.)

They need work. Again, it would help to know which units are they. Some were included for the purpose to balance out the races.

Quote :
■ the mod is very inconsistant. i felt like some units was just put there without any real work on rebalancing those 3rd party units. but i also saw some minor change here and there on the sound effect and attacks on others. (the mod is not finished anyway and i think all those little details will be fixed/reworked at one point anyway.)

The mod started out with many 3rd party units, and a lot of them have been removed. Again, there's a lot of fixing that needs to take place, and identifying these units with their problems is the first step.

Quote :
■ the thing i hated the most was the t4 units (most of them since i did found some untouched ones). big oversized horrible units that would be awesome with their original size and move speed.
if i would have to name one thing that may encourage me to not play new era would be the t4 units.
enlarging some units is fine if it fit them. but some models are not meant to be enlarged and it makes my eyes bleed. (sorry i don't have precise exemple in mind but i guess you understand what i mean.)

Some could be resized down a bit, but again it's how they get identified as T4 units.

Quote :
■ i understood that the goal of new era was, beside creating a tier system, giving to every race the same means of fighting. all of them have now bulidings, anti air tower, boats, wizards with cataclysmic spells, AOE mind converter units, etc..
i understand what you tried to do here but it result of the races losing identity.

Each race has a unique structure/building unit. The Treehouse for Zhon was included to balance out the game as to not get their building units waved within the first three minutes in the game.

Quote :

■ Taros felt a bit empty compared to the other 3 races in term of new units. (i mean actuall original taros themed units that isn't just a clone of another race unit) (excluding t4) but thats maybe just me.

Could you make some comparisons by naming units and races? I thought Taros had some pretty unique units added. And, as far as unit count, I think they're very close.

Last edited by Sage on Mon Apr 15, 2019 6:49 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Sage
Sage

New Era 5.1 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Era 5.1   New Era 5.1 EmptySun Apr 14, 2019 4:23 pm

Vhaerun wrote:
Ok, those two units are fixed. See bug file for changes. Send me more unit bugs/crashes. I want to help Sage get this mod working right so it it playable.

Sage, I would advise that you need to go over the units fbi files and look for tags that do not exist. Such as when I was playing against Taros, I noticed the skullpult's weapon did not explode on contact with a surface. The explosion class was wrong/did not exist in the explosion tdf. However, I did update both.
I also noticed someone pointed out the skullpult was too good, so i changed the weapon tolerance to be more general and not so exacting.
Download: NewEra 5.1.1a

Thank you Vaerun. I'll test it now, and make sure to apply it to my folder files.

I just read the BugFixes file, and the fixes applied are great. Thank you!
What does it mean "readjusted waterline to veruna monarch"?

The kobold slave seems to be working fine now. The game doesn't crash when the unit attacks, and turned veteran with golden textures just fine.

Have you run into other issues like these?

I'm documenting all the issues found and fixed here: https://kingdoms.catsboard.com/t1346-newera-5-2-in-progress#13485

If you have time, I'd need help with those. Much appreciated!
Back to top Go down
Vhaerun

Vhaerun

New Era 5.1 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Era 5.1   New Era 5.1 EmptyMon Apr 15, 2019 7:26 pm

Yw. I think the waterline was different, not sure. Been awhile.
Not sure about the other issues, but might be best to check the mermaid to make sure she works.
Back to top Go down
Sage
Sage

New Era 5.1 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Era 5.1   New Era 5.1 EmptyTue Apr 16, 2019 8:34 pm

She works.

I'm using NewEra 5.1.1a as a base while I prepare v5.2 with the new changes.

Vaerun, in the future, could you please provide only the files you've modified, so the rest don't override what I have? I'd appreciate it!

I was playing Aramon vs Taros, and it crashed after five mins in the game. I only had flying units with aramon, and I wasn't really attacking. Taros may have a unit/structure that is causing the game to crash.

Last edited by Sage on Wed Apr 17, 2019 10:42 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Sage
Sage

New Era 5.1 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Era 5.1   New Era 5.1 EmptyWed Apr 17, 2019 9:42 pm

APM wrote:

I noticed quite a lot of units from earlier versions of the mod have been removed in later versions, for example the water mage etc. Why were they removed? because they were unbalanced, or because they were crashing the game? I still see them in the editor.

The watermage was redundant because the rain master is now a t4 unit, and shares a similar attack.
Veruna also has the terra whale, which uses short and long range attacks on both ground and water.
Back to top Go down
Sage
Sage

New Era 5.1 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Era 5.1   New Era 5.1 EmptyTue Apr 23, 2019 9:26 pm

Vaerun,

I found araspear in the new era folder with an object name of verspear. See image below:

New Era 5.1 Araspe10

The only unit I see that has it include it is the aradragslayL. Image below:

New Era 5.1 Dragon10

Would you happen to know why the spear 3do has a different file name vs the object name?
Why is the spear by itself as a separate file when the unit has the spear object already inside aradragslayL.3do?
Back to top Go down
Vhaerun

Vhaerun

New Era 5.1 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Era 5.1   New Era 5.1 EmptyWed Apr 24, 2019 1:58 pm

I do not know. Maybe the original author of the unit decided to rename the verspear that came with the amazon to araspear so they would not conflict. However, you can change the name inside the object to araspear as well if you think it's causing more conflict.
Back to top Go down
Sage
Sage

New Era 5.1 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Era 5.1   New Era 5.1 EmptyThu Apr 25, 2019 9:09 pm

Vhaerun wrote:
I do not know. Maybe the original author of the unit decided to rename the verspear that came with the amazon to araspear so they would not conflict. However, you can change the name inside the object to araspear as well if you think it's causing more conflict.

It sounds as if the creator of the unit exported the amazon spear to then import it into the aramon dragon slayer, and simply left it in the folder with the rest of the 3do files.

I've renamed the object's name. I'll keep it in the folder just in case it's required for another unit.
Back to top Go down
Sage
Sage

New Era 5.1 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Era 5.1   New Era 5.1 EmptySat Sep 21, 2019 7:59 pm

Closing this thread as 6.0 is in progress, here:
https://kingdoms.catsboard.com/t1346-newera-6-0-in-progress
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

New Era 5.1 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Era 5.1   New Era 5.1 Empty

Back to top Go down

New Era 5.1
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
TA: Kingdoms Forums :: PROJECTS :: The New Era Expansion :: Bugs and Balance Issues-
Jump to: