TA: Kingdoms Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to TA: Kingdoms

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Player Selection

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Insight

Insight

Player Selection Empty
PostSubject: Player Selection   Player Selection EmptyMon Nov 21, 2016 1:44 am

I've been making new maps and vetting them in single player mode to make sure they are as viable and as glitch free as possible. Some are for three or more monarchs in their respective position. The problem is I can't figure out how to just play against monarch 3 or others without having to play against monarch 2. I tried leaving the second AI name slot empty and just use the third slot but it still makes the AI monarch 2. I've also tried using the team option but I just end up with an ally or multiable enemies. Any suggestiond out there. I think I had the answer years ago but I can't remember what it was.
Back to top Go down
DeeKay
Administrator
DeeKay

Player Selection Empty
PostSubject: Re: Player Selection   Player Selection EmptyMon Nov 21, 2016 5:49 pm

I guess it's not possible because if you just skip the second slot and add the AI in the third, it'll act as the second one. (it doesn't matter if you jump to 8th spot, it'll be player 1 and player 2)

So, the only solution that I thought was... Make a mod with a race that has no monarch, like "Unknown" race. For example:

Player          Aramon
AI Peter       Unknown
AI Garrett     Veruna
AI Gronk       Unknown
AI Mark        Zhon

The AIs with "Unknown" race will be invisible and do nothing. I think that's it, but then you'd need to mod your map or something to be playable multiplayer, and play with your mod singleplayer.

I'm not sure if those AIs will appear as "Defeated" but there must be a way to do it. Like, make an useless unit for the race, like a bird as monarch. lol
Back to top Go down
http://alltakdownloads.6te.net/
Insight

Insight

Player Selection Empty
PostSubject: Re: Player Selection   Player Selection EmptySat Nov 26, 2016 10:44 pm

Thanks for your response. I figured that I'll offer the same map but with 2 and 3 switched and provide a comment in the description "player 2 and 3 switched." That way you can play the inland opponent with out having to play the seaside opponent as well.
Back to top Go down
DeeKay
Administrator
DeeKay

Player Selection Empty
PostSubject: Re: Player Selection   Player Selection EmptySun Nov 27, 2016 8:21 am

Fair. ^^
Back to top Go down
http://alltakdownloads.6te.net/
Sponsored content

Player Selection Empty
PostSubject: Re: Player Selection   Player Selection Empty

Back to top Go down

Player Selection
Page 1 of 1