TA: Kingdoms Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to TA: Kingdoms

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Mixed Races

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Insight

Insight

Mixed Races Empty
PostSubject: Mixed Races   Mixed Races EmptyTue Dec 20, 2016 7:02 pm

I was proofing a new map, 4 player, when I discovered the races begain producing each others units. I'm assuming that starts happening as each races is defeated but it wasn't a team play. I do remember reading something about it years ago. What's the 411 on that? Thnxs.
Back to top Go down
$_Spagg

$_Spagg

Mixed Races Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mixed Races   Mixed Races EmptyTue Dec 20, 2016 8:27 pm

It is possible to modify any map as if they were regular mods (but with several limitations)
You can for example open the .kmp file with HPI viewer, extract it to a folder, modify or create a "canbuild" and "canbuildCB" directory and pack the folder back into a .kmp using HPI packer
canbuild and canbuildCB are the directories that define what units can build, as you can see if you open data.hpi, v3rocket.hpi or hpidata.hpi (canbuildCB being for Crusades Balance)
I've made some maps before in which you can build units from any other race but the limitation is that you can only build from a race if that race already exists on the map, for example, if one player picks Aramon and the other picks Taros, they won't be able to build anything from Veruna, Zhon or creon because these races weren't loaded in the map

So it could be that maybe

Here's the map if you are curious:
Spoiler:
https://mega.nz/#!ZU9BQbSb!AEBZfXFCxZzM4EbSc9by5bIyigjnp7DAUIJop37bfmE
Back to top Go down
Insight

Insight

Mixed Races Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mixed Races   Mixed Races EmptyThu Dec 22, 2016 1:30 am

Dummy me. Zhon was the culprit. It has a unit that can turn an enemy unit. I replayed the map and watched as massive turn attacks took place. It's a good strategy as it has the best of all races. Razz
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Mixed Races Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mixed Races   Mixed Races Empty

Back to top Go down

Mixed Races
Page 1 of 1