TA: Kingdoms Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to TA: Kingdoms

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Possible Self-Upgrade in Lodestones

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Sage
Lead Designer of The New Era Expansion Project
Sage

Possible Self-Upgrade in Lodestones Empty
PostSubject: Possible Self-Upgrade in Lodestones   Possible Self-Upgrade in Lodestones EmptySat Oct 26, 2019 5:12 pm

Conversation between Sage and Rage on TA Universe about self-upgrading lodestones.

10/21/2019
In TAK, does anyone know how to make a unit self-upgrade?

i.e. Lodestone upgrades into Divine Stone.

Before you say, "simply delete the lodestone". I'm looking to have all lodestones upgrade into Divine Stones, and then into a Tier3 stone, which for Aramon would be the Heart of Anu.

Is this achievable in Scriptor?

Thanks,
Sage

--------------

10/21/2019
You could make each unit a factory of some kind and then hide the previous pieces with some kind of animation.

Rage

--------------

10/24/2019
Hi Rage,

Could you provide an example? I'm not sure I understand.
Has this been done in TA? Thanks.

Sage

--------------

10/24/2019
No doubt. Check out TA:Escalation. Essentially take a ta factory, right? It's just an immobile unit with a build script. That could be anything, really. As long as the yardmap is big enough for the upgrade, it should be able to sit snugly inside of the "upgradable unit", as long as it's movement speed is set to 0. Because the unit is never going to leave the factory, the factory won't restore its position, so you can probably 'hide' the pieces inside of the script that facilitates stopping building or something.

The tricky thing is upgrading your t2 divine stones into whatever tech 3 is, as I'm not sure how to keep the yardmap open on the 2nd unit upgrade when it's situated inside of another unit. But I'm speaking in TA terms, I've never modified TA:K and am just throwing out ideas.

Rage

--------------

10/26/2019
Thanks for your help Rage.

Could you tell me specifically what ta factory does this in ta escalation?

At this point, I think it'd be best to take the t2 stone and have it upgrade to t3.

The big question is, how do we make a yardmap = S(special for lodestones) stay opened, for them to not be buildable everywhere but only in the stone spot.

Thanks,
Sage

--------------

10/27/2019
They don't do it specifically in ESC, but if you want to see their upgradable structures, look at the HLT/Orion, the T2/3 Fusions, and the guardian/punisher.

Maybe you could move the build point somewhere outside of the location of the original "factory"? I'm not sure where the yardmap is specifically defined, I'm assuming its tied to the build piece that is queried in the script. I have no idea man, I'm very rusty at scripting; and I know nothing about the capabilities of TA:K

hope it helps man!

Rage

Last edited by Sage on Sun Feb 14, 2021 6:54 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
https://takuniverse.webs.com/
Vhaerun

Vhaerun

Possible Self-Upgrade in Lodestones Empty
PostSubject: Re: Possible Self-Upgrade in Lodestones   Possible Self-Upgrade in Lodestones EmptyMon Oct 28, 2019 1:28 pm

I still do not think it will work, Sage. Looking at those custom units in TA, they use a modified exe or dll with new custom scripting variables that detect for changes and then applies those changes via scripting. If only Pocket geek or some other coder was around, we could do that too.
Back to top Go down

Possible Self-Upgrade in Lodestones
Page 1 of 1