TA: Kingdoms Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to TA: Kingdoms

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Software to view and extract graphics from TAK

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Flagris

Flagris

Software to view and extract graphics from TAK Empty
PostSubject: Software to view and extract graphics from TAK   Software to view and extract graphics from TAK EmptyMon Mar 30, 2020 11:01 am

Hi to all.

Well, the title says all. What program do I need to do it?

Thanks in advance.

Back to top Go down
Sage
Lead Designer of The New Era Expansion Project
Sage

PostSubject: Re: Software to view and extract graphics from TAK   Software to view and extract graphics from TAK EmptyThu Apr 02, 2020 2:18 pm

Hi Flagris,

The program you need is called HPI View.
You can find it under FOR MODDING/Programs, here: https://takuniverse.webs.com/downloads.htm

Let us know if you have any additional questions about it in this topic.

Thanks,
Sage
Back to top Go down
https://takuniverse.webs.com/
Flagris

Flagris

PostSubject: Re: Software to view and extract graphics from TAK   Software to view and extract graphics from TAK EmptyFri Apr 03, 2020 4:56 am

Thanks for your reply. I've already found out that I need HPI view Smile.

I haven't tried it myself yet, so can you say, please, in what file format images are stored in HPI, and do they require some specific software to view (like, say, Warlords Battlecry 1-3 image files that are in rare RLE format)?
Back to top Go down
DeeKay
Administrator
DeeKay

PostSubject: Re: Software to view and extract graphics from TAK   Software to view and extract graphics from TAK EmptyFri Apr 03, 2020 10:44 am

Graphic files can be found under anims folder, from data.hpi and ipdata.hpi (this one comes with Creon updates).

You'll find 2 folders and a bunch of files: buildpic and weaponpic folders will have .jpg files which you can view easily.

Although, inside anims folder, the images are stored in .gaf and .taf format, they are mostly used in GUI and weapons, because of their ability to animate (like a .gif format). So, they will have sequences and stuff. For that, you'll need GAF Builder Pro tool to deal with them.

Unfortunately, GAF Builder works only for .gaf files and not for .taf files. GAF files are used mostly in GUI, and .taf for weapons (I guess it's for their ability to have more quality).

In GAF Builder, you'll be able to extract the sequences as .bmp 24 bit format, and import .bmp 24 bit format too (and make your own gafs which will be referenced in data.hpi/guis or in an unit weapongaf and stuff)...

Well, good luck! If you need anything just tell. Smile
Back to top Go down
http://alltakdownloads.6te.net/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Software to view and extract graphics from TAK   Software to view and extract graphics from TAK Empty

Back to top Go down

Software to view and extract graphics from TAK
Page 1 of 1