TA: Kingdoms Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to TA: Kingdoms

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

How can you get TA:K to work on windows XP?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
archtomb2

How can you get TA:K to work on windows XP? Empty
PostSubject: How can you get TA:K to work on windows XP?   How can you get TA:K to work on windows XP? EmptyWed Nov 04, 2009 4:42 pm

For about a year and a half now, every single time i click on TA:K to play it, the screen goes black, no logo comes up and the introduction video never starts, and then i have to restart my computer because Ctrl+Alt+Delete does not work. Then i was talking to someone about it and they suggested making it play in compatability mode for windows 98/ME, so i did and 4 the 1st time in ages the logo came up when i clicked TA:K but the screen then went black again and no introduction video came up!

now iv reinstalled it countless hundreds of times, it just hasnt worked, its one of my favourite games of all time, its the only one iv never got bored of. so i have tried so much, the only thing i can think thats wrong is that about 2 years ago i downloaded basically everything new that was ever made for the game third party, and iv reinstalled my comp a few times b4 then and kept transferring all those files across, so may i have some file iv downloaded thats stopped it from working? I havent deleted the files cus iv wanted to keep all my old saved games, im not the administrator on my comp but that dusnt affect me downloading or installing anything. can anyone help? its been to long! (soz 4 the essay)
Back to top Go down
ACE

ACE

PostSubject: Re: How can you get TA:K to work on windows XP?   How can you get TA:K to work on windows XP? EmptyThu Nov 05, 2009 4:04 pm

What are your system specs? its sounds like your computer has a problem with tak. Try this out, go into the kingdoms folder and click on choose renderer, change the option to a different one and see if anything changes.
I take it you are installing from the cd, you should choose the full install option not minimal, also you could try installing it on another hard drive try these things, if not you might need to install a different distro of tak but untill the website is back up there is no host for it. anyone got any other ideas?
Back to top Go down
naton9

naton9

PostSubject: Re: How can you get TA:K to work on windows XP?   How can you get TA:K to work on windows XP? EmptyThu Nov 26, 2009 1:34 am

yea- install the game on the admin account

if you attempt to install a game on a restricted account your usually gonna get a bad(if any) install. Admin accounts are designed to have files download/installed, the point of the restricted accounts is to block that ability so nothing harmful can be added to the computer from the restricted user. Thats why you never want to surf the internet on your admin account as viruses can do so much more damage

if you do it right you should be able to play the game on the restricted account even though it was installed to the admin account. should be able to run it on XP as i have been able to run it on XP and Vista (btw dont get vista lol)

from there its just simple adjustments to game setting to get smoother gameplay.
Back to top Go down
DeeKay
Administrator
DeeKay

PostSubject: Re: How can you get TA:K to work on windows XP?   How can you get TA:K to work on windows XP? EmptyMon Dec 23, 2013 6:55 pm

Topic moved to Support Forum, Questions & Help Requests Section.

Solved, so Locked.
Back to top Go down
http://alltakdownloads.6te.net/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How can you get TA:K to work on windows XP?   How can you get TA:K to work on windows XP? Empty

Back to top Go down

How can you get TA:K to work on windows XP?
Page 1 of 1