TA: Kingdoms Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to TA: Kingdoms

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Zhon Tier 1 and 2

Go down 
+4
Machine
Capt Savage
TF-Lord-hawk-claw
Clay4141
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Clay4141

Clay4141

Zhon Tier 1 and 2 Empty
PostSubject: Zhon Tier 1 and 2   Zhon Tier 1 and 2 EmptyWed Mar 17, 2010 11:39 pm

Okay so in the other topics I've talked mostly about Spirit Wolves and Risen Wolves.

Now lets touch base on the other Tier 1 and Tier 2 Units.

Tiers 1 consists of goblins, hunters, trolls, and swamp beasts.

Goblins are cheap, and for the most part unreliable. Unless you plan on dropping them on a base that doesnt have any protection. They can take down fort and factory fairly easy. But their low health keeps them away from marching into a base. Best to use a roc. You can drop a fairly large group. Two Rocs, filled with half each is sometimes better, that way your opponent has 2 main targets instead of 1.

Hunters are good for range, but they are only good in large groups. They are fast, and pretty cheap. But they lack the health. Executioners can take them out fairly easy. If an opponent makes a gate, make sure you run around the gate to target their monarch. They can be annoying to your enemy. But at the same time they are easy to counter. Cannons are their biggest enemy. You'll never get close with just hunters. What I like to do when my enemy makes cannons is use my hunters as a distraction while I use other units to take out the cannons if possible. So sometimes hunters are good meat shields.

Trolls are Zhons melee comparison to swordsman and warriors. I would probably say they are the next to weakest melee unit next to Automations, except for 2 details. Out of their 4 equivalents, Trolls have the highest attack. But slowest reload time. Also, they cannot be frozen. Many players use trolls via Roc and drop them into Creon bases to wreck havoc on buildings.

Swamp Beasts are another melee unit for zhon. They can swim! They are great at killing ships, and defensive structures because they have a very damaging attack and decent health too. Well they should because they cost almost a grand to build! Swamp Beasts are great Kirenna killers. Kirenna cannot outrun a swamp beast in water. So you will see Kirenna try to get out on land. That is where you attack her with wolves! And use your monarch for support!

That is zhons tier 1 units. Now tier 2!

We talked about the wolves already. So we can skip them.

Krakens in my opinion are pretty useless. I'm still not sure what they are good for. Maybe against ships on water maps they can be pretty good, but other than that, I'm not sure. Maybe some type of air support over lakes or something? I know a few of them can take out any ghost ships that may be carrying passangers over top of water.

Harpies only attack is to capture enemy units. Some units cannot be captured, but most can. They cost a little over 2k. Which is alot for something that has very few hit points. But if you look at it like this, you have 3 chances(at full mana) to completely steal an enemy unit. Its almost like a 1 hit kill, but better! Harpies are great to defend bases, and steal cannoneers that are not protected by archers! Can easily turn a game around. And 3 of them, can steal up to 9 cannoneers!

Basiliks are sometimes overlooked. I like to keep one safe if my opponent is notorious for sending horsemen and rushing with melee units. A basilik a day keeps the swordsman at bay. Actually it turns them to stone. Think of basiliks again as units with a 1 hit kill. Just remember to guard them with your life!
Basiliks are also good at combining with a roc for a drop on your opponent, they can take out enemy builders in an instant, preventing them from upgrading their mana, or taking out an enemy zhon early in the game!

Gryphons may be one of the most overlooked units in the game. They appear useless at first. But they really are not. Gryphons are great at taking out Trebucheuts, cannoneers, and almost any unit if used correctly. They are great at taking out Zhon monarchs too! Send in a few first, enough to make a thirsha wave, then send in about fifteen more, and she wont stand in a chance! They can also be combined in very large grouped to take out defensive structures or buildings, but alot of clicking and timing is involved. If done right, this technique can level bases very very quickly.

And there you have it, some tips on zhon units. Maybe someone learned something?
Back to top Go down

Zhon Tier 1 and 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Zhon Tier 1 and 2   Zhon Tier 1 and 2 EmptyThu Mar 18, 2010 6:37 am

I love your detailed posts about zhon!

Maybe savage should do aramon and I should do Taros?
Back to top Go down
TF-Lord-hawk-claw

TF-Lord-hawk-claw

Zhon Tier 1 and 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Zhon Tier 1 and 2   Zhon Tier 1 and 2 EmptyThu Mar 18, 2010 5:28 pm

dude sick post bout zhon dude
Back to top Go down
Clay4141

Clay4141

Zhon Tier 1 and 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Zhon Tier 1 and 2   Zhon Tier 1 and 2 EmptyThu Mar 18, 2010 5:30 pm

I think a few people can comment on all the races. I'm sure we all have our own tricks of the trade! Surely there are other ways to use units. You should certainly type something about Taros tho! And Savage with Veruna for sure, he was always fierce with them. Mostly with rushes, but it should still be explained.

Some people are good are cd/dc and other at grouped, all strategies are different! We all know you can explain Lokken/Ghost ships great. I also have a topic I will post soon about "How to spot a speedjacker!"

Thanks Hate!
Back to top Go down
Capt Savage

Capt Savage

Zhon Tier 1 and 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Zhon Tier 1 and 2   Zhon Tier 1 and 2 EmptyThu Mar 18, 2010 5:34 pm

lol yes im better with veruna, just been using aramon for their units lol
Back to top Go down
Machine

Zhon Tier 1 and 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Zhon Tier 1 and 2   Zhon Tier 1 and 2 EmptyThu Mar 18, 2010 8:21 pm

Good stuff man!

This stuff really helps new players. I was looking around for something like this when i first came here.
Back to top Go down
angel3b

Zhon Tier 1 and 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Zhon Tier 1 and 2   Zhon Tier 1 and 2 EmptyFri Mar 19, 2010 10:57 am

tks man
plz sont stop posts this kind of things all of you, i just play with veruna and need make some tests Razz
Back to top Go down
Lavarian

Lavarian

Zhon Tier 1 and 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Zhon Tier 1 and 2   Zhon Tier 1 and 2 EmptySun Dec 05, 2010 10:19 am

Clay4141 wrote:
Gryphons may be one of the most overlooked units in the game. They appear useless at first. But they really are not. Gryphons are great at taking out Trebucheuts, cannoneers, and almost any unit if used correctly. They are great at taking out Zhon monarchs too! Send in a few first, enough to make a thirsha wave, then send in about fifteen more, and she wont stand in a chance! They can also be combined in very large grouped to take out defensive structures or buildings, but alot of clicking and timing is involved. If done right, this technique can level bases very very quickly.

Amen. Taking a group of Gryphons and rapid clicking on a building creates a feathered cloud of raining death. Dispatches buildings in no time!
Back to top Go down
$_ARTHAN

$_ARTHAN

Zhon Tier 1 and 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Zhon Tier 1 and 2   Zhon Tier 1 and 2 EmptyThu Mar 03, 2011 6:00 pm

Krakens are not useless for sure. They are the basic Zhonian aquatic unit and they can wreack havoc in a Verunan fleet if their numbers are large enough. For a much better result, combine the Krakens with a Swamp Beast force and with a Giant Barracuda one.
Back to top Go down

Zhon Tier 1 and 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Zhon Tier 1 and 2   Zhon Tier 1 and 2 EmptyThu Mar 03, 2011 7:34 pm

Last edited by Ø on Thu Sep 08, 2011 9:51 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
naton9

naton9

Zhon Tier 1 and 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Zhon Tier 1 and 2   Zhon Tier 1 and 2 EmptyFri Mar 04, 2011 11:39 am

goblins are the cheapest warrior unit to create. they are handy to build as mana hunters going around the map destroying unguarded mana something which the troll and swamp beast are a bit too slow for. goblins are also good for beginning game early pressure to slow down the building process of your opponent(s)

out of all tier 1 units in the game i personally think zhon has the best group
Back to top Go down
$_ARTHAN

$_ARTHAN

Zhon Tier 1 and 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Zhon Tier 1 and 2   Zhon Tier 1 and 2 EmptyFri Mar 04, 2011 1:27 pm

Hail, naton9! Long live the Zhonian Goblins!!!! Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Zhon Tier 1 and 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Zhon Tier 1 and 2   Zhon Tier 1 and 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Zhon Tier 1 and 2
Page 1 of 1