TA: Kingdoms Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to TA: Kingdoms

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Yep.

Go down 
+16
$ MalinOMW
Myst
$_ARTHAN
Tarosking-DB
ACE
Wafflecakes_WG
naka
archangels
LadyFem
_ImMorTaL_
Clay4141
Capt Savage
TF-Lord-hawk-claw
Sage
AsTheRuinsFall
Carnageking
20 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
A-train-DB

A-train-DB

Yep. - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yep.   Yep. - Page 4 EmptyWed Aug 15, 2012 9:12 pm

Ok. I'll just say I won't make any more of an issue out of this. I greatly appreciate you defending this great game because I too think it is great. Next, I will say that I originally was answering Carn's question of "what has changed?" I admitted that I was a bit out of my league. That strats and tactics have evolved. That they were winning games. But out of defense of myself, at least I can admit that I was rusty. Now that I remember why I left that second time.. it was mainly due to me getting into drama much more than I used to. The combination of drama, me sucking (in my opinion) or of course everyone getting good and the lack of people playing.. I took another hiatus. Lastly, I said that (yes, along with condoning an old friend of mine.. Carnageking) a great player would be able to adapt to any era. That was wrong of me because it sets apart older players to those who hadn't owned the game and played on MPlayer, Boneyards or Gamespy. I can also admit that I felt rejected by those who play a better game than me these days because they seem to believe generally that the old players are no good. Fact remains to me is that it's simply just a combination of what I mentioned before.. rust and the continuous evolving of the gameplay where those who stuck with this game for a long time acquired great skill. Again, this is what I beleive is a great game. It gives me plenty of nostalgia these days and its quite simply the only game that I will play. I've been requested to play many other games in the past and I refuse. X is the only one left still asking me to play a new game. The only reason I havn't got my fat \"***\" (don't listen to me.. I'm just overweight) back on TAK now is because this isn't my computer that I'm using. I'd need to get permission and I havn't asked for it yet. I've still got to decided. Toodles. ~A-train_UK
Back to top Go down

Yep. - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yep.   Yep. - Page 4 EmptyThu Aug 16, 2012 7:09 pm

A-train wrote:
That was wrong of me because it sets apart older players to those who hadn't owned the game and played on MPlayer, Boneyards or Gamespy.
I think most of the "newcomers" have played in gsa like me, since gsa was the server that supported tak for the longest period.

There was always drama in TAK, denying it is hypocrisy. Someone wins and someone loses. That's reason enough for drama. This is a forum, people disagree and just because someone has a different interest doesn't mean he's in the wrong.

I'm not causing any trouble. I just answer to someone who says "I'm special, best ever, game was wowwwww super super competitive, now no one plays well anymore, tak sucks and I just noticed it when someone owned me, cos I played tak for 6 years after cavedog died and I hadn't noticed that yet!".

Dude the guy fucking sucks, never had the intention to play. Welcoming him or not, he quits either way.

A-train, you're not a kid anymore stopping blaming others for your decisions. You play if you want, if you think you can't keep up join the quitters. hf.

And don't take this personal, as I don't take what you and other people say personal. I don't think people look down on "old" players, they just know that they aren't anything special, besides their egos

A-train wrote:
and the continuous evolving of the gameplay where those who stuck with this game for a long time acquired great skill.
I almost forgot this one... I didn't play this game for all that time. You can make up for time when you understand a lot of stuff (or have the brain/skills to learn). shadow for example is really fast to learn if you have the humility... and a bit of logic of course. But of course TAK is a lot more than shadows
Back to top Go down

Yep.
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
TA: Kingdoms Forums :: GENERAL :: General Chat-
Jump to: