TA: Kingdoms Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to TA: Kingdoms

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Veruna vs Azuria

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Bardan

Bardan

Veruna vs Azuria Empty
PostSubject: Veruna vs Azuria   Veruna vs Azuria EmptyTue Jun 22, 2010 11:54 pm

Alright, so it was a 4 player game on the 8-player map Valysia City, but the biggest fight for me (Veruna) was against the Azurians. I decided to have kind of a brawl to begin the Race Evaluations, and I feel you can't really know a unit/race until you've fought them (not AS them or looking at numbers). So here's a story in pictures!

I begin in the southeast corner, Azuria in the northeast, Delean in the southwest, and Brakada in the northwest. Sadly, Delean had the closest, most direct route to me - poor bastard - so I put him on lockdown fast and he never really recovered (despite having a very very narrow access to Brakada - as is typical of the map). Brakada I helped craft and balance, so I knew its strengths and weaknesses and - after dispatchin Delean - I put them on lockdown too. This entire time I was putting pressure on Azurians. Due to the map, it was impossible to field numerous ships lest they be constantly under fire, and lacking any true air support I went with the best option for the map: Merwarrior.

And they died in their thousands.

So begins the eye candy (saved as GIFs for smaller file size)...

Image #1: Channel Crossing
Here you see the swarms of Merwarriors *FINALLY* break through the defenses... literally lost a few hundred getting here. Part of that was simply from lack of air cover (grr... the Azurian 'Stunner') combined with the rather shotty pathfinding on this map meant lots of crossfire opportunities for the Azurians.
Veruna vs Azuria AssaultonAzuria1

Image #2: Deadly Boot
Finally got some reasonable air support in the form of the Sea Dragon - Don't be fooled, though, as the Azurians dealt him so much damage so quickly that he didn't have a great impact. Only his speed kept him from splattering on the sands. Note the "Avalanche" unit in the red circle. Scary!
Veruna vs Azuria AssaultonAzuria2

Image #3: Azdurain!!!
Aha! After drenching the sands in our blood, we've finally found the reclusive and mysterious Lord Azdurain, the Azurian Monarch! In this shot, he appears just long enough to taunt me, kill a Merwarrior, then mind-control the rest. He does this about 4 or 5 times and each time gives himself some breathing room long enough to reheal, recharge, and get some reinforcements.
Veruna vs Azuria AssaultonAzuria3

Image #4: Wrath and Ruin!
With some micro-managing to get up that blasted hillside (another hundred or two lost here) under enemy fire, I finally manage to break the backbone of their defenses and production capabilities - thereby removing those blasted Crystal Pandoras! Here you can see the Sea Dragon back for more (and Veteran Status) accompanied by a few Berserkers who are making their way up from the south along the narrow sea-walks. Note that Azdurain has just area-mind-controlled and vanished again... for the last time!
Veruna vs Azuria AssaultonAzuria4

***I thought I got a shot of Azdurain surrounded and taking punishment, but I suppose not. Alas, it was a splendidly rewarding sight!***

Image #5: Loose Ends
Now that the Azurians had been dealt with and the Delean a vague memory, it was time to finish off the Brakada. Prior to this shot, I had installed some heavy fortifications just south of the area which had demolished the majority of Brakada's fighting strength. So when those veterans of the Azurian Campaign arrived... well, you can see Lord Grenseal (Brakada Monarch) fleeing with a band of Berserkers on his heels. He makes it about two more steps and done is done.
Veruna vs Azuria AssaultonAzuria5

Image #6: Final Tally
The first thing that grabs you should be the epic numbers involved. It was stupid fun. The second thing you should notice is that Delean didn't last nearly as long as the others, but still lasted more than an hour. This is mostly because I didn't put pressure on him - just fortified our frontier and began building up for the Azurian assault. And please do notice that the Brakada lasted all of maybe 3 minutes longer than Azurians. It was literally grabbing the survivors and attacking the remnants...
Veruna vs Azuria AssaultonAzuria6

Bloody good game! I needed that after meticulously evaluating single units for a while...
Back to top Go down
Vaerun

Vaerun

Veruna vs Azuria Empty
PostSubject: Re: Veruna vs Azuria   Veruna vs Azuria EmptyWed Jun 23, 2010 12:27 am

And no crashes! Astounding! Smile

Vaerun
Back to top Go down
TF-Lord-hawk-claw

TF-Lord-hawk-claw

Veruna vs Azuria Empty
PostSubject: Re: Veruna vs Azuria   Veruna vs Azuria EmptyWed Jun 23, 2010 2:09 am

dude
this sounds fun as hell man. you should do more of these

make battle logs, and does anyone have any realy large EPiC maps? not just flat space but actual stuff. like real scenary and stuff?
Back to top Go down
Bardan

Bardan

Veruna vs Azuria Empty
PostSubject: Re: Veruna vs Azuria   Veruna vs Azuria EmptyWed Jun 23, 2010 11:57 am

TF-Lord-hawk-claw wrote:
dude
this sounds fun as hell man. you should do more of these

make battle logs, and does anyone have any realy large EPiC maps? not just flat space but actual stuff. like real scenary and stuff?

I use to do one of these every week back in the day, but didn't really get the timing down (since its real-time and I hate the "PAUSED" text in the middle) like I could with turn-based Age of Wonders (I had some pretty epic campaign sequences for them, too).

Anywho, I asked about a map that was I think 30x30 called Haunt. It was frigging fantastic, but I can't seem to find it. I'm currently working on one that is 30x30 which is a remake of the Wheel of Time map (fantasy literature series which has massive cahones!) and its pretty darn flexible with various mountain ranges, long coastlines, with islands, prairies, etc. The problem is... well, the rivers aren't super flexible in Cartographer. I would like to have them kind of run dry on the map (or at least run into a mountain range as it's source) but as it is, I have to run them clear across the map. And I just don't really want to do that, so I'm gonna cut most of the rivers. Anywho...

Yeah, give me a huge friggin map of your choice, the races you'd like to see fight, and I'll do my best to give a fun story.
Back to top Go down
TF-Lord-hawk-claw

TF-Lord-hawk-claw

Veruna vs Azuria Empty
PostSubject: Re: Veruna vs Azuria   Veruna vs Azuria EmptyWed Jun 23, 2010 12:19 pm

thnx dude could u go check out the epic map pack topic i just made?
Back to top Go down
Bardan

Bardan

Veruna vs Azuria Empty
PostSubject: Re: Veruna vs Azuria   Veruna vs Azuria EmptyThu Jun 24, 2010 12:14 am

Vaerun wrote:
And no crashes! Astounding! Smile

Vaerun

Playing as Azuria in a couple of curbstomps unworthy of even a photostory, I found something that makes the game Crash.

I had the... Mini-Avatar? Warped Mind unit of Azuria (guarded by about 15 Azur Drakes) waltzing into the Delean camp - everything was fine - I was bashing units galore and taking down structures like cake - until I targetted the Delean Monarch. Then crashie.

I must say, the only thing I see as unbalanced in the Azur race is the speed of some of the aerial attacks. And maybe the general build-tree. Plus 4k mana for the Divine Lodestone? I'll have to check that. But yeah... *Loving* it so far. I don't remember liking it so much years ago...
Back to top Go down
TF-Lord-hawk-claw

TF-Lord-hawk-claw

Veruna vs Azuria Empty
PostSubject: Re: Veruna vs Azuria   Veruna vs Azuria EmptyThu Jun 24, 2010 1:16 pm

yea the "stunner" i beleve? is a areial unit from azur that paralyzes, it paralyzed elsin and one archer took him out because he couldnt move cuz the \"****\" sstunner kept on gettin him he shoots faster than an archer???? WTF i didnt even have enought time to wave the 2 lousy units that were left in the stupid base
Back to top Go down
Bardan

Bardan

Veruna vs Azuria Empty
PostSubject: Re: Veruna vs Azuria   Veruna vs Azuria EmptyThu Jun 24, 2010 3:54 pm

Hold the phone! Monarchs are susceptible to the Stunner's attacks? That's just stupidly wanked! Build a fleet of them and a small strike force and the enemy is doomed unless they have heavy defenses. In which case you bring in a few Avalanches and done is done.

That's gotta be just an overlooked thing. I didn't think Monarchs were supposed to be paralyzed at all... or am I just wrong?
Back to top Go down
Vaerun

Vaerun

Veruna vs Azuria Empty
PostSubject: Re: Veruna vs Azuria   Veruna vs Azuria EmptyThu Jun 24, 2010 4:07 pm

Well, you can always put in the damage line of the paralyzer weapon: monarch = 0.

Vaerun
Back to top Go down
TF-Lord-hawk-claw

TF-Lord-hawk-claw

Veruna vs Azuria Empty
PostSubject: Re: Veruna vs Azuria   Veruna vs Azuria EmptyThu Jun 24, 2010 8:48 pm

seriously i never knew a mon could get paralyzed either!!! if sum1 was playin online if a mon came to wave a few unit all u would hav to do if have a few passive stunners in ur base and wen u see the mon... Goodbye
Back to top Go down
EtherLord-RX

EtherLord-RX

Veruna vs Azuria Empty
PostSubject: Re: Veruna vs Azuria   Veruna vs Azuria EmptySat Jun 26, 2010 5:43 pm

Sweet. I use to have a lot of 3rd party races. Restored my computer and lost them all. Sad

EDIT: This motivated me to find and download a bunch of units! Thank you Sage for the upload.
Back to top Go down
$_ARTHAN

$_ARTHAN

Veruna vs Azuria Empty
PostSubject: Re: Veruna vs Azuria   Veruna vs Azuria EmptyFri Jul 22, 2011 5:26 am

-*- R.I.P. -*-
Here lie 10,000 dead Mer Warriors
Valysia City Cemetery
-*- -*- -*- -*-

LOL! Epic game, by the way. I have never seen so many Mer Warriors alive (and dead too!).
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Veruna vs Azuria Empty
PostSubject: Re: Veruna vs Azuria   Veruna vs Azuria Empty

Back to top Go down

Veruna vs Azuria
Page 1 of 1