TA: Kingdoms Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to TA: Kingdoms

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Illohir bug testing

Go down 
+6
Sage
ACE
Clay4141
WG-Chronos
TF-Lord-hawk-claw
Vaerun
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Vaerun

Vaerun

Illohir bug testing Empty
PostSubject: Illohir bug testing   Illohir bug testing EmptySat Jul 31, 2010 2:35 am

Hi,

Illohir needs some testing on this version. Bardan cant seem to get Illohir to work on 4.1 patch.
No clue why, need to see if the race works for others and to bugfix it because it works fine for me.
Download here: Illohir

Read the readme please!

Vaerun
Back to top Go down
TF-Lord-hawk-claw

TF-Lord-hawk-claw

PostSubject: Re: Illohir bug testing   Illohir bug testing EmptySat Jul 31, 2010 4:21 am

sorry vaerun, it does not work for me either, is says when i try to launch, "sidedatacreatefile2bad" exactly like that Sad then when i click ok, the game load UBEEERRRRRRRR lag then no illohir
Back to top Go down
WG-Chronos

PostSubject: Re: Illohir bug testing   Illohir bug testing EmptySat Jul 31, 2010 7:59 am

Is this the version of Illohir that is up for download via Sage's MSN Live account (or whatever it is that is linked via the post "One Place with All Tak Downloads" )? Because if so, I direct you here: http://kingdoms.heavenforum.org/downloads-f9/something-s-not-right-t443.htm
Back to top Go down
TF-Lord-hawk-claw

TF-Lord-hawk-claw

PostSubject: Re: Illohir bug testing   Illohir bug testing EmptySat Jul 31, 2010 3:14 pm

no it is not, it is the one thta vaerun just redid
Back to top Go down
Vaerun

Vaerun

PostSubject: Re: Illohir bug testing   Illohir bug testing EmptySat Jul 31, 2010 7:30 pm

I think the one that Sage posted was a very old version.

Try this version, its called Illohir, not Illohir9g, 9h, etc.

Btw, that could be the sidedata conflict if using an older version of Illohir.

O and Chronos, that older version you played had a cheating ai on the OTAK, but normal on Crusades.

Vaerun
Back to top Go down
WG-Chronos

PostSubject: Re: Illohir bug testing   Illohir bug testing EmptySat Jul 31, 2010 7:34 pm

Aaaahhhh...I see. I'll give it a go then. Smile Thanks for the info.
Back to top Go down
WG-Chronos

PostSubject: Re: Illohir bug testing   Illohir bug testing EmptySun Aug 01, 2010 2:46 am

Well, I just got done with about a 2 hour test game with your new Illohir, and I gotta say, me likie. Smile I only had one issue...

At one point, I had like 15 goatment surrounding a Taros Cabal, but only 3 would attack. o.o No idea why that was.

Otherwise, it went flawlessly! I quite liked it. Smile
Back to top Go down
Vaerun

Vaerun

PostSubject: Re: Illohir bug testing   Illohir bug testing EmptySun Aug 01, 2010 3:09 am

Alright! Sounds like no huge bugs except for the one with the gravoid, where i forgot to put the texture file back in. No clue on the goatmen, range should not be an issue as they all have a range of 90; however looking at some of the original races melee ranges on CB, seems like the ranges are shorter. Possibly a balance issue with tier1 units being able to crowd around things( shorter range) while stronger units have longer range so they are limited by how many can attack something at once?

Btw, how was the monarch entrance?
Back to top Go down
WG-Chronos

PostSubject: Re: Illohir bug testing   Illohir bug testing EmptySun Aug 01, 2010 2:44 pm

Lol. Confusing, at first. Razz I pause when I start up the games, while the screen is black, so when it came on and I saw like little fireballs and a couple puffs of smoke, my monarch in like three positions at once and distorted, I thought my game was spazzing out! haha! When I un-paused it and watched, it was pretty cool, though. Smile
Back to top Go down
Clay4141

Clay4141

PostSubject: Re: Illohir bug testing   Illohir bug testing EmptyTue Aug 03, 2010 10:36 am

Ok so whats the real link for this so I can try it tonight when im drunk!? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Vaerun

Vaerun

PostSubject: Re: Illohir bug testing   Illohir bug testing EmptyTue Aug 03, 2010 4:17 pm

The first post Clay.

Vaerun
Back to top Go down
ACE

ACE

PostSubject: Re: Illohir bug testing   Illohir bug testing EmptyTue Aug 03, 2010 7:20 pm

\"****\" those animations are cool especially the one when your mon spawns. The sounds were cool too.
I found a few bugs. The gorgonites seem to be unable to attack once they reach a veteran status. The gate seem to open and close randomly, and cloaks don't drain
Back to top Go down
Vaerun

Vaerun

PostSubject: Re: Illohir bug testing   Illohir bug testing EmptyTue Aug 03, 2010 11:56 pm

The cloaking not draining on a few of the units was mainly for the ai benefit, since the ai does not use cloaks and I like it when the ai sneaks up on me. However, the weaker units dont have a drain mana cloak, whereas the stronger units do on movement or suppose to have. The gorgonite vet bug I have not experienced yet, so I will dig into it further. The gates will close when damaged and reopen after a few seconds when the threat has passed. Still, a player can manually control it.

Vaerun
Back to top Go down
Vaerun

Vaerun

PostSubject: Re: Illohir bug testing   Illohir bug testing EmptyWed Aug 18, 2010 8:45 pm

New version of Illohir. Mainly fixes the incompatibilty with the new Azurians and other bugs.

Post any and all bugs and leave some feedback.

New Illohir

Thanks!

Install: Unzip and copy/cut and paste or move Anims, Races, and Defaults Folders to your Kingdoms directory if using Tak Switcher.

Last edited by Vaerun on Thu Jul 28, 2011 10:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sage
Lead Designer of The New Era Expansion Project
Sage

PostSubject: Re: Illohir bug testing   Illohir bug testing EmptySun Aug 22, 2010 12:27 am

What happened with all the goodies from this race? It used to have so many units and buildings. The chaospult doesn't build, and you can only build 1 builder.
Back to top Go down
https://takuniverse.webs.com/
Clay4141

Clay4141

PostSubject: Re: Illohir bug testing   Illohir bug testing EmptySun Aug 22, 2010 12:43 am

I plan on trying this out later. Thanks for the heads up Sage!
Back to top Go down
Sage
Sage

PostSubject: Re: Illohir bug testing   Illohir bug testing EmptySun Aug 22, 2010 12:51 am

It seems like you did some good arrangements, but there are many units and buildings missing thinking this is the final version for this race.
The mon entrance is pretty cool hehe.
Back to top Go down
Clay4141

Clay4141

PostSubject: Re: Illohir bug testing   Illohir bug testing EmptySun Aug 22, 2010 1:20 am

Gravoid seems to be spazzing out like hes humping the ground when just sitting there...

mon entrance is sweet. can u make something like that for the original mons? lol each unique idk...

i dont see any units or buildings missing sage... if anything i think is see more.
Back to top Go down
Vaerun

Vaerun

PostSubject: Re: Illohir bug testing   Illohir bug testing EmptySun Aug 22, 2010 1:27 am

Hi,

Thanks for the compliments, bugs and feedback!
That is odd Sage, I am not understanding what you mean by missing buildings and units. They should all be there unless you have an older Illohir version that is conflicting with this one. Maybe you should re-download and reinstall the files to the Kingdoms directory, but make up backups of your old Illohir files, by moving them or renaming them.
Unless, Sage, you were used to the old build order whereas each tier of builder could build lower tier buildings in addition to its tier. No longer, but, I changed the names and unitnames to match up with the Illohir symbol that is now selectable like the Azurians and made the cool intro anim. However, there is a bug with that intro whereas if the starting posiition is too close to the edge, esp. on maps like 4 corners at the bottom, the game will crash. So, a temporary fix will be to open that map with carto and move the starting positions on the bottom starting positions a little farther out from the edge and save that map.

ILLOHIR DOWNLOAD
Back to top Go down
Clay4141

Clay4141

PostSubject: Re: Illohir bug testing   Illohir bug testing EmptySun Aug 22, 2010 1:33 am

Vaerun... the chaos dragon can be captured. the other "dragons" cant be... is this on purpose? stupid mind mage just stole mine =[
Back to top Go down
Vaerun

Vaerun

PostSubject: Re: Illohir bug testing   Illohir bug testing EmptySun Aug 22, 2010 1:36 am

Lol, Clay!

Could be possible with the gravoid. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Vaerun

Vaerun

PostSubject: Re: Illohir bug testing   Illohir bug testing EmptySun Aug 22, 2010 1:38 am

Woot! Dont you just love it! Yep, That was intentionally left in there to give it that chaos factor. However, I have not tested it where if you build another one and steal the other one back will you have two?
Back to top Go down
Sage
Sage

PostSubject: Re: Illohir bug testing   Illohir bug testing EmptySun Aug 22, 2010 1:43 am

Sorry, I think the new era was conflicting with it. Very nice progress. I'm sure you can do more to it. It's looking good.
Back to top Go down
Vaerun

Vaerun

PostSubject: Re: Illohir bug testing   Illohir bug testing EmptySun Aug 22, 2010 2:18 am

Hi,

I don't think New Era could conflict with it since all the units have their own sidenames.
Thanks though Sage! I tried doing more like add in custom panels, but game keeps crashing. I think its more a GBPro problem which are not saving the *.bmps correctly.
Once again, thanks! And please more feedback or bugs!
Back to top Go down
Clay4141

Clay4141

PostSubject: Re: Illohir bug testing   Illohir bug testing EmptySun Aug 22, 2010 10:09 am

Ill have to try that out Vaerun...

and Illohir sure has gone a long way. I didnt know what to expect but there are so many changes, and everything is animated and dark yet colorful... that I love it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Illohir bug testing   Illohir bug testing Empty

Back to top Go down

Illohir bug testing
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next