TA: Kingdoms Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to TA: Kingdoms

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Eternal Conflict Info

Go down 
+2
$_ARTHAN
rammstein
6 posters
AuthorMessage
rammstein

rammstein

Eternal Conflict Info Empty
PostSubject: Eternal Conflict Info   Eternal Conflict Info EmptySun Dec 19, 2010 9:08 am

In this mod you start at tier 1 with just simple old simple units such as swordsmens and archers and as you come to higher tiers better units will be avalible. After some time you can reach the present time and use units such as tanks and airplanes.

To download use this link: http://cid-1b247a6d07fd0de2.office.live.com/self.aspx/Eternal%20Conflict%20TAK%20mod/EternalConflict.zip?wa=wsignin1.0&sa=45493832

Back to top Go down
rammstein

rammstein

PostSubject: Re: Eternal Conflict Info   Eternal Conflict Info EmptyFri Mar 25, 2011 3:38 am

I guess this mod did not become as popular as I had hoped Wink
Back to top Go down
$_ARTHAN

$_ARTHAN

PostSubject: Re: Eternal Conflict Info   Eternal Conflict Info EmptyFri Mar 25, 2011 4:37 am

@rammstein: The reason the various TA:K mods are not popular is because we struggle to find new members who will play original non-moded TA:K. If so few people play the original game, then even fewer will play the various mods. Unfortunately, TA:K has loyal but few believers. However, I will give it a try, when I become a little bored of the original game, I will download it and try it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Eternal Conflict Info   Eternal Conflict Info EmptyFri Mar 25, 2011 1:11 pm

Last edited by Ø on Thu Sep 08, 2011 1:30 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
$_ARTHAN

$_ARTHAN

PostSubject: Re: Eternal Conflict Info   Eternal Conflict Info EmptyFri May 27, 2011 3:02 pm

Hmm, I tried to play Eternal Conflict, I did as the readme file says, however I was unable to run it. Does anyone knows what is the problem?

EDIT: Ok, I found the solution. I played it and I really like it, however the 'level up' of your tier is truly time consuming after a few tiers. It could become an excellent TAK mod with a few changes.
Back to top Go down
rammstein

rammstein

PostSubject: Re: Eternal Conflict Info   Eternal Conflict Info EmptyFri Jun 03, 2011 7:24 am

@ARTHAN Fun that you tried it out and liked it Very Happy . I can agree with you that the leveling up is quit time consuming, but that was also something wich i had in mind when making the mod. I wanted the games to be hours long to make it as epic as possible. What things do you think should be changed (if i ever countinue with this mod).
Back to top Go down
$_ARTHAN

$_ARTHAN

PostSubject: Re: Eternal Conflict Info   Eternal Conflict Info EmptyFri Jun 03, 2011 4:05 pm

* Well, personally I believe the modern era models, like tanks and helicopters, need improvement on their design. There is also too difficult to set apart a tier 1 Mage Builder from a tier 2, 3, 4, ect. The same goes with the Barracks, Naval Yard, Aramon Lodestone, Creon Mana Refinery and Creon Mana Amplifier. It would be better if there was a different model for each tier.
* We have 8 human models of builders:
1st) Aramonian Mage Builder,
2nd) Verunan Priestess,
3rd) Tarosian Dark Mason,
4th) Aramonian Acolyte of Anu,
5th) Verunan Priest of Lihr,
6th) Tarosian Dark Priest
7th) Creonian Mechanic,
8th) Creonian Chief Engineer.
* We have 8 building models which are able to train units:
1st) Aramonian Barracks,
2nd) Verunan Enclave,
3rd) Tarosian Cabal,
4th) Aramonian Keep,
5th) Verunan Citadel,
6th) Tarosian Abyss,
7th) Creonian Smithy,
8th) Creonian Academy.
* Unfortunately, we have only 2 building models which are able to train ships:
1st) Verunan Sea Fort,
2ns) Creonian Naval Yard.
* If I remember correctly, there are 8 tiers of technology, so we could have the 8 human builders and the 8 factory structures each one for a tier, and we could only have two tiers of ships; the ones without bombard weapons (Verunan Skiff, Verunan Transport Ship, Verunan Harpoon Ship, Verunan Trebuchet Ship, Aramonian Ark, Verunan Flagship) and the ones with bombard weapons (Aramonian Galley, Verunan Man of War, Creonian Submersible, Creonian Stern Wheeler, Creonian Iron Clad). Think about it... scratch
Back to top Go down
Danvern

Danvern

PostSubject: Re: Eternal Conflict Info   Eternal Conflict Info EmptySat Sep 08, 2012 4:42 pm

Seems interesting, trying it out now.

PS So few people appreciate the classics Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
$_ARTHAN

$_ARTHAN

PostSubject: Re: Eternal Conflict Info   Eternal Conflict Info EmptySat Sep 08, 2012 5:06 pm

Danvern wrote:
Seems interesting, trying it out now.

PS So few people appreciate the classics Crying or Very sad

There are actually plenty of people who appreciate the classics but have stopped playing videogames. I am not reffering to people who find excuses to leave a game when they lose, I am talking about people who have really no free time anymore and other things like family or jobs consume their time and energy. However, it is truly a shame nowdays kids haven't played masterpieces like TAK... Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Eternal Conflict Info   Eternal Conflict Info EmptySat Sep 08, 2012 7:24 pm

If you don't have time to play a game I have pity of your life.

There's still a good amount of kids who play TAK. Hardly because they bought the game, but because they got linked to it somehow (contacts, similar games, etc)

Also people quit when they feel like they can't be the best, or at least keep up with the top players. THey might not even play 1 game, that's why some guys don't lose and still quit
Back to top Go down
$_ARTHAN

$_ARTHAN

PostSubject: Re: Eternal Conflict Info   Eternal Conflict Info EmptySun Sep 09, 2012 5:06 am

Crip wrote:
If you don't have time to play a game I have pity of your life.

There's still a good amount of kids who play TAK. Hardly because they bought the game, but because they got linked to it somehow (contacts, similar games, etc)

Also people quit when they feel like they can't be the best, or at least keep up with the top players. THey might not even play 1 game, that's why some guys don't lose and still quit

I have pity for my life too. Very soon, videogames are going to be a past for me. However, at least I will remember all my glorious days I have spent to videogames which really deserved to be played (TAK included of course) and I try to use all the positive things I have learnt from these into real-life. gg to all of you...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Eternal Conflict Info   Eternal Conflict Info EmptySun Sep 09, 2012 3:18 pm

Being a "slave" (forum posters are never "slaves") is different than losing interest in the game. People rarely quit because they have no free time. Sometimes they have no conditions to play the game, but most of the time they just lose interest - for reasons already mentioned in my previous post
Back to top Go down
Danvern

Danvern

PostSubject: Re: Eternal Conflict Info   Eternal Conflict Info EmptyTue Sep 11, 2012 8:06 pm

But Back to Topic, great mod, reminds me of the Cilvilization Series Very Happy . Hope you keep up the good work!

EDIT: I saw cows in the video, how exactly do you make them?
Back to top Go down
sharman

sharman

PostSubject: Re: Eternal Conflict Info   Eternal Conflict Info EmptyWed Sep 12, 2012 2:31 pm

i will try play some day...hope someone invite me to test this mod Very Happy
Back to top Go down
rammstein

rammstein

PostSubject: Re: Eternal Conflict Info   Eternal Conflict Info EmptySun Sep 16, 2012 3:05 pm

Danvern wrote:
But Back to Topic, great mod, reminds me of the Cilvilization Series Very Happy . Hope you keep up the good work!

EDIT: I saw cows in the video, how exactly do you make them?

I am glad you liked the mod. Smile In the T2 Barracks you can build a farmer which can build the T2 farm where the cows are built.
Back to top Go down
Lord chris

Lord chris

PostSubject: Re: Eternal Conflict Info   Eternal Conflict Info EmptyWed May 01, 2013 7:03 pm

ok ill try this mod i try alot of mods my fav is new era
Back to top Go down
Sage
Lead Designer of The New Era Expansion Project
Sage

PostSubject: Re: Eternal Conflict Info   Eternal Conflict Info EmptySat Sep 14, 2013 4:21 pm

Hey rammstein, did you have anything in mind on what you were going to do next? It seems like a pretty cool mod; I'll test it more and give you feedback if you are still around.
Back to top Go down
https://takuniverse.webs.com/
rammstein

rammstein

PostSubject: Re: Eternal Conflict Info   Eternal Conflict Info EmptySun Sep 15, 2013 4:24 pm

It was some time since I last worked on Eternal Conflict. There are some things I thought about that I would have liked in the mod. On the higher tiers T5 and T6 almost all models and such are placeholders from OTAK or some shitty stuff I made.

Then there is the game balance. Me and my friend Rastij played it alot during the time I developed it. At first the it was quite unbalanced but after some games and changes it got into a state were the balance is ok. But more testing is needed to get the balance better. Then there is the need to make more maps for Eternal Conflict. Now it's only one map that was made for it.

A more long time goals would have been to make a second race based on the units of taros and zhon. Things like a huge Stone Giant fighiting against a ww2 battle tank would have been cool.
Back to top Go down
Sage
Lead Designer of The New Era Expansion Project
Sage

PostSubject: Re: Eternal Conflict Info   Eternal Conflict Info EmptySun Sep 15, 2013 7:22 pm

What was the whole point of creating this mod? It is sort of confusing to me.

- All t1 units get killed with one attack from the creon fire wagon, even the King.

- What is the purpose of having 3 different t1 lodestones? The aramon mana stone takes a long time to get build, and afterwards, it only makes the mana go up by one.

- The repair skiff didn't get built by the navy yard.

- The ballistic archer was built in an instant.

- And why does the mod work better with the map you created?
Back to top Go down
https://takuniverse.webs.com/
rammstein

rammstein

PostSubject: Re: Eternal Conflict Info   Eternal Conflict Info EmptyMon Sep 16, 2013 7:46 am

The purpose of this mod was to create a new and more large scale mod than OTAK. The only race in the mod the Humans was never meant to be played together with the OTAK races and thus not balanced against them. I don't remember why I didn't bother with removing the all the OTAK races from  the mod, think I got some error message when they weren't there.

I wanted to make the resource system a little bit more complex than in OTAK. If I remember correctly there were three different types of mana buildings on each tier:
1: Gives alot of mana income but no storage, can only be built on sacred stones.
2: Gives a little mana income and no storage, can be built everywhere.
3: Gives no income but storage, cane be built everywhere.

In additions to those buildings there were also the possibility to produce cows from the farm in T2. Cows gave a nice mana income, but you couldn't control them. They wandered around like they wanted to. So you had to build fences around your farms to keep your cows from walking away and maybe into the enemy. I designed the resource system like this because I wanted to make the resource system a bit more complex than in OTAK.

Regarding the balance in the mod. I wanted to make units as good as they would have been in real life. An archer would be very cheap (2-10 mana iirc) while a modern battle tank costs 350 000 mana, but would be able to easly crush archers.

The units at lower tiers gets build so fast because I wanted to have epic battles between hundreds or thousands of units.

To be able to play the mod as intended the map has to be large with large flat spaces where huge epic battles can take place. I guess some OTAK maps would work (Mateo Grasslands, Manorhome and Field Of Dasanko) but the most of them wouldn't be large enough.

I haven't done anything on this mod since summer 2010 so I may remember some things wrongly. But I still think this mod has potential to be good if some more work was done. I am tempted to start modding again but there are other things like university that takes alot of time. The mod wasn't meant to be uploaded at such an early state as it was but after not have worked on it for half a year I decided to upload what I had done rather than it just being lost on my computer forever. If you got any more questions or suggestions please do not hesitate to write them here.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Eternal Conflict Info   Eternal Conflict Info Empty

Back to top Go down

Eternal Conflict Info
Page 1 of 1