TA: Kingdoms Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to TA: Kingdoms

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

How to Edit Units Into a Mod

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Sage
Lead Designer of The New Era Expansion Project
Sage

How to Edit Units Into a Mod Empty
PostSubject: How to Edit Units Into a Mod   How to Edit Units Into a Mod EmptyMon Jul 13, 2009 9:16 pm

Look in data.hpi, ipdata.hpi, and v3rocket.hpi with hpi viewer.

An Aramon unit example

Extract these files from hpiview, and create 9 main folders with subfolders:

1. Folder: anims subfolder: buildpic: (araemen.jpg) subfolder: weaponpic: this is only if weapons are being added.

2. Folder: canbuild subfolders: arakeep(barrack): npcemen.tdf

3. Folder: canbuildcb subfolder: same subfolders and files from the canbuild folder: It's meant for Crusade Balance ON games.

4. Folder: features subfolder: all worlds: npcemen_stone.tdf, npcemen_frozen.tdf subfolder: corpses: npcemen_dead.tdf: Features folder is not needed if you are only editing an existing unit.

5. Folder: gamedata subfolder: soundclasses: npcemen.tdf : gamedata folder is not needed if you are only editing an existing unit.

6. Folder: objects3d npcemen.3do and npcemen_dead.3do: objects3d folder is not needed if you are only editing an existing unit

7. Folder: scripts araemen.cob: Only needed if it's not an original aramon unit such as npcemen.

8. Folder: units araemen.fbi

9. Folder: unitscb same araemen.fbi file from the unit's folder: it's meant for Crusade Balance ON games.

You only need to rename these files:

buildpic: ex. npcemen to araemen
canbuild and canbuildcb: npcemen to araemen
script: ex. npcemen to araemen
.fbi: ex. npcemen to araemen

Also rename in units and unitscb/.fbi file like this:

description = from Mission to Aramon;

side = from MIS to ARA;

tedclass = from Mission to Aramon;

unitname = from NPCEMEN to ARAEMEN;

This is only if you are editing an existing unit.

The other NPC stuff will get read from data.hpi, ipdata.hpi, and/or v3rocket.phi.

Lastly, with hpi pack, in the first line, find the folder that has these 9 folders.
On the second line, copy and paste the first line, and add .ufo at the end of the line.
That .ufo file will be placed in the units or mod folder in tak after having installed the tak switcher.

By KM-Sage
Back to top Go down
https://takuniverse.webs.com/
Hawkins

Hawkins

PostSubject: Re: How to Edit Units Into a Mod   How to Edit Units Into a Mod EmptyThu Jul 29, 2010 3:29 pm

If I only modify existing units, do I still need the TAK Switcher?

Until now, what I did was to extract "data.hpi" and modify some *.fbi in the "units" folder.

For example I changed the buildangle value to 0 at tarcastl.fbi (Cabal)) and then repack the whole folder (containing all 9 folders mentioned above in the original data.hpi and their contents (all units etc.)) to data.hpi again with Hpi Pack. I replace the new data.hpi with the original one in the Kingdoms folder (C:\Cavedog\Kingdoms). However I see no change ingame, Cabals are still placed at random angles... What am I missing?

Note: I'm looking for changes in a mission in single player, no skirmish. The version of TAK I'm running is 4.1BB (noticed that TAK Switcher is for 3.0BB).

EDIT: Got it! Had to remove kingdoms.key out of Kingdoms folder (instead of the -disablecavedog switch, as stated in the 4.1BB patch readme).

Sorry for the rushed post...
Back to top Go down
ACE

ACE

PostSubject: Re: How to Edit Units Into a Mod   How to Edit Units Into a Mod EmptyThu Jul 29, 2010 4:24 pm

Tak switcher just makes it easier to select the mods you want to play it you have loads without moving them around folders all the time or removing the .key file
Back to top Go down
lacerta

PostSubject: Re: How to Edit Units Into a Mod   How to Edit Units Into a Mod EmptySun Sep 18, 2011 7:21 am

Would anyone be able to upload or link to the old French tutorial? That was such a helpful resource for teaching newbies how to mod/create units.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How to Edit Units Into a Mod   How to Edit Units Into a Mod Empty

Back to top Go down

How to Edit Units Into a Mod
Page 1 of 1