TA: Kingdoms Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to TA: Kingdoms

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

How to deal with the Aramonian Trebuchet.

Go down 
+2
Joker
$_ARTHAN
6 posters
AuthorMessage
$_ARTHAN

$_ARTHAN

How to deal with the Aramonian Trebuchet. Empty
PostSubject: How to deal with the Aramonian Trebuchet.   How to deal with the Aramonian Trebuchet. EmptySat Mar 05, 2011 6:50 am

One of the most annoying defensive/offensive structure is the Aramonian Trebuchet and Taros has a problem dealing with them, like any other Kingdom of course (Veruna, Zhon, Creon). Here are some tips which I hope will help to deal with that menace.
1] When you see your ground units or structures to be hitted by something that looks like an extremely-fast moving cannonbal it is by 95% a Trebuchet. The first thing you should do is to detect the way from where that "cannonball" came. It is not an easy thing to detect its coming direction, you actually can only notice the moving Trebuchet's projective just before it hits you, but you must!
2] After detecting its direction, quickly create an aerial scout (Gargoyle in Taros) and send it flying towards the Trebuchet's direction. Sooner or later, you will notice a big wooden structure with a round stone base. This is the Trebuchet. If your Gargoyle is killed by Archers or something else before you locate the structure, make a few more Gargoyles and send them all together. Luckily, someone will survive to see the Treb's location.
3] Deal with the problem! Destroy the Trebuchet!! This may be an easy or an extremely difficult task, depends on how well the Aramonian player guards this engine of destruction. The most common way is to create a dozen of the very fast ground units (Bladed Deamons and, maybe, Black Knights) and send them alltogether against the Treb.
4] In case the upper strategy doesn't work because the Aramonian ground defenses are too strong (many Strongholds or a lot of infantry for example) or because the terrain makes it impossible (aquatic maps for example) you should make an aerial assault using aerial offensive units (Iron Beaks are highly recommended, but Sky Knights can do the job fair well). Create a dozen of them. Since the Aramon has no offensive air units at all, you will probably encounter minimum resistance while your sky fleet towards the Trebuchet and blow it up to pieces. However, a group of Guard Towers and Mage Archers can wipe out your sky fleet fairly easy, so be careful!
5] In some cases the best way to destroy an Aramonian Trebuchet is the Taroshian equivalent of the Aramonian Cannon, called Fire Deamon. Fire Deamons have great range, so create a few of them and burn the Treb with no mercy. Just make sure that there is no wall or obstacle between the Fire Deamons and the Treb, because Fire Deamons cannot fire above walls. Another unit that has a similar attack with the Fire Deamon and can be used instead is the Rictus. I suggest to use this strategy only if the above ones have a very low chance of success.
6] In an aquatic map, if the Trebuchet is near the coast, you can use the above strategy, but only with the Rictuses. The Rictuses can float on water, so you can surprise your opponent by striking from the sea, something unusual for a Taros player.
7] Another good strategy is to destroy the Treb with your Ghosts Ships. Create a dozen of them, upload them with many melee troops (Zombies, Executioners, Dark Hands), fly towards the Trebuchet, upload your army near it and erase that cursed structure from the map.
8] Here is some extra info about the trebuchet:
* Trebuchets cost more than 10000 mana and are slow in production, so if you destroy it before it act your opponent will lose a lot of time and a lot of mana for nothing!
* Trebuchets have tremendous range! In small maps, they can easily hit any ground/naval unit or building. However, they cannot hit aerial units and in big maps you can keep your ground/naval units safe by leading them out of the Treb's range.
* Trebs are rediculously fragile. It is by far the Aramonian building with the less hit points (if you exclude Lodestones), so they can be destroyed really fast.
* Aramon players usually use Flying Builders to construct Trebs to the most unpredictable places. Always search every single inch of the map for Trebuchets, you never know where they may be...
Back to top Go down
Joker

Joker

PostSubject: Re: How to deal with the Aramonian Trebuchet.   How to deal with the Aramonian Trebuchet. EmptySat Mar 05, 2011 6:53 am

The most successful to kill a treb : kamikaze rat.
Back to top Go down
$_ARTHAN

$_ARTHAN

PostSubject: Re: How to deal with the Aramonian Trebuchet.   How to deal with the Aramonian Trebuchet. EmptySat Mar 05, 2011 8:58 am

Nice! I never though about it... Kamikaze Rat!
Back to top Go down
sharman

sharman

PostSubject: Re: How to deal with the Aramonian Trebuchet.   How to deal with the Aramonian Trebuchet. EmptyWed Sep 12, 2012 2:42 pm

Joker is right. About air units, i can say most time are useless...maybe iron break can do job sometimes but drakes...only roc is very usefull because of transport...
I like fire mage to kill things...but i guess kamikaze rat is best...
Back to top Go down
$_ARTHAN

$_ARTHAN

PostSubject: Re: How to deal with the Aramonian Trebuchet.   How to deal with the Aramonian Trebuchet. EmptyThu Sep 13, 2012 2:48 pm

sharman wrote:
Joker is right. About air units, i can say most time are useless...maybe iron break can do job sometimes but drakes...only roc is very usefull because of transport...
I like fire mage to kill things...but i guess kamikaze rat is best...

Sky Knights (Taros) or Drakes (Zhon) are very strong in big groups. You can order a dozen of them to strike the same target and there is no way a Trebuchet can withstand a lot of aerial flaming attacks. Wink
Back to top Go down
sharman

sharman

PostSubject: Re: How to deal with the Aramonian Trebuchet.   How to deal with the Aramonian Trebuchet. EmptyThu Sep 13, 2012 7:50 pm

I supose enemy will do mage archers...if not, better do one roc and a few grunt units (trolls,jungle orc,spirit wolf, goblin?)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How to deal with the Aramonian Trebuchet.   How to deal with the Aramonian Trebuchet. EmptyMon Sep 17, 2012 7:48 pm

How taros can deal with treb... I'll assume it's 1v1 taros vs aramon.

You can kill it if it's too anoying... using rats, gs, blades, flying units, fire mage, whatever seems to suit the situation.

You can also prevent the treb from shooting effectively - position a few black knights to kill scouts, patrol your units (if they are being targeted by radar), protect your units with gates, etc.

Well in general it's hard to play defensive as taros against aramon... so you better keep raiding.
Back to top Go down
$ MalinOMW

$ MalinOMW

PostSubject: Re: How to deal with the Aramonian Trebuchet.   How to deal with the Aramonian Trebuchet. EmptyWed Sep 19, 2012 10:48 am

general in my opinion aramon is overpowered

(on typicall 3rd maps)
vs veruna just survive rush if veruna not rush it seems more easier ,then bunker
vs taros survive blade demons, dont lose elsin(weather b*tch) , and bunker
vs zhon dont give chance for enemy to fast drop or drops can destroy keep barracks , and bunker
vs creon just bunker xD

bunker = middle or even something close to aramon base (gates, trebs ,cannon ,titan ,mage archer, archers and sometimes assasins (vs drops) and acolyte (vs drops, mass airs)

aramon (if u not aramon) need to be destroyed(or hard hurted) in some minutes or bunker rape you
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How to deal with the Aramonian Trebuchet.   How to deal with the Aramonian Trebuchet. EmptyFri Nov 09, 2012 7:13 pm

On-my-way wrote:
general in my opinion aramon is overpowered
general=3rd party maps, usually 'side vs side & grouped mana' styled ones

Now if you really consider general, then aramon isn't overpowered.

On-my-way wrote:
(on typicall 3rd maps)
vs veruna just survive rush if veruna not rush it seems more easier ,then bunker
vs taros survive blade demons, dont lose elsin(weather b*tch) , and bunker
vs zhon dont give chance for enemy to fast drop or drops can destroy keep barracks , and bunker
vs creon just bunker xD
Typical 3rd maps. There are many ways to win as aramon, one of them is keeping distance and concentrating on trebs. If I'm Veruna and I see my opponent is doing that, I'll not let him keep distance, I'll try to keep close and force him to spend his mana, so he can't just make an expensive treb easily. Veruna has many options to control the game. Zerks to kill monarch, Kirenna herself. You have Dirigible to avoid aramon from scouting properly (and you can even use it offensively if the enemy isn't using AA properly. I mean it's relatively simple, you just need to outplay your opponent and keep close. Mortars might even be more dangerous than trebs this way.
Taros the same. You have FDs. BK to kill birds. You have dangerous witches, fire mage, blade demons and etc. to try and kill his gate builder. Creon you have riders. Neo dragon to kill builders (or aco to prevent the guy from making divines). Even Zhon - Stone Giants,rocs,spirit wolfs, and harpys (might try and get an ara builder and make treb you too). Although, on the typical 3rd maps that we are talking, you gotta be careful because it's not easy to hold a rushing Elsin.

On-my-way wrote:
aramon (if u not aramon) need to be destroyed(or hard hurted) in some minutes or bunker rape you
You can keep a medium-term game against Ara and win. As Zhon you have totems and shamans. Any race you have a dragon that you might be able feed (yep, 1v1).

Just keep close, use well your units and mana. You gotta outplay your oppnent.. maybe try to destroy his gate-builder, etc. Rly depends on the map and on the players.
Back to top Go down
$_ARTHAN

$_ARTHAN

PostSubject: Re: How to deal with the Aramonian Trebuchet.   How to deal with the Aramonian Trebuchet. EmptySat Nov 10, 2012 1:34 am

In my humble opinion, Creon can have overall the best bunker in the game. Sure, Aramon has trebs, but a ton of Prismatic Mirrors with Barnstormers and opponent birds can't scout and Aramon Cannons can't reach you. Furthermore, after establishing a strong defense, Sage can summon Ghost of Garacaius who is the strongest unit in the game and can penetrate almost any kind of defense.
The problem with Creonites is their vulnerability to early rushes which makes them unreliable in small, common 3rd party maps. However, as Landherr says, 3rd party maps are just a "kind" of maps and there are CD/DC maps and other unique maps too in TA:Kingdoms.
Back to top Go down
EvilSharm

PostSubject: Re: How to deal with the Aramonian Trebuchet.   How to deal with the Aramonian Trebuchet. EmptyMon Nov 12, 2012 3:58 pm

Sincerally some times i no need scout for kill my enemy with trebs... When i use trebs often i treb his lodestones, and i always know where is your lodestones in revelead map with fog ;D
Back to top Go down
Lord ZacDom

Lord ZacDom

PostSubject: Re: How to deal with the Aramonian Trebuchet.   How to deal with the Aramonian Trebuchet. EmptySat Nov 17, 2012 11:16 pm

Trebs should be banned. they are unfair. if you are taros they are basically invulnerable. and any smart aramon user would build defensive structures or archers near there Trebs for drop protection
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/zac.domrase
$ MalinOMW

$ MalinOMW

PostSubject: Re: How to deal with the Aramonian Trebuchet.   How to deal with the Aramonian Trebuchet. EmptyTue Nov 20, 2012 11:48 am

only fast or medium fast rush can destroy aramon

if aramon is really safe/style player i dont know how to destroy him with any race

just make gates archers(maybe not good at start) /sword(little push) /watchtower(anti rush) and asap keep(or first then others) cannoners(anti anything land) /barbarians(anti tier1) and if aramon still alive without terrible hurt then mage archers then trebuchet

i got some situation when i was zhon vs aramon if map got many manas
this is gonna be hard to play but not imposible if opponent is below of your skill
if opponent is like me or better this gonna be impossible

if map got low manas this gonna be little better cause zhon got slow lodestone build so if drop or orc rush dont hurt enemy this gonna turn be to snipe game (its hard to hurt careful and safe aramon)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How to deal with the Aramonian Trebuchet.   How to deal with the Aramonian Trebuchet. Empty

Back to top Go down

How to deal with the Aramonian Trebuchet.
Page 1 of 1