TA: Kingdoms Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to TA: Kingdoms

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Catapults, Birds, Orcs & Trolls

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
$_ARTHAN

$_ARTHAN

Catapults, Birds, Orcs & Trolls Empty
PostSubject: Catapults, Birds, Orcs & Trolls   Catapults, Birds, Orcs & Trolls EmptySun Mar 20, 2011 6:40 am

* Hi guys! I know it may sound strange, but I have no idea if the Aramonian Catapult is better than the Verunan one. I have studied DB_Savage's tables/boards with the unit statistics, but I am still not sure who one is better overall. Anyone who can answer this please?
* I still do not know which aerial scout is the best (Spyhawk, Barnstormer, Gargoyle, Parrot, Bat). For what I have seen, the Zhonian Bat is more fast-moving than the rest, while the Tarosian Gargoyle is the less agile of all. However, I am not sure, anyone who knows that for sure?
* Also am I the only one who has noticed that the Zhonian Troll should actually be called "Orc", while the Zhonian Jungle Orc should actually be called "Jungle Troll"?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Catapults, Birds, Orcs & Trolls   Catapults, Birds, Orcs & Trolls EmptySun Mar 20, 2011 2:12 pm

Last edited by Ø on Thu Sep 08, 2011 1:31 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Wqaopl

Wqaopl

PostSubject: Re: Catapults, Birds, Orcs & Trolls   Catapults, Birds, Orcs & Trolls EmptyMon Mar 21, 2011 9:17 am

i know the varuna cataput is much better in combat than the aromon one and will win in a 1v1 with a two hit kill agensed the 3 hit kill. i have no idea about price cos i find that space manigment is more inportant with larger units.
Back to top Go down
angel3b

PostSubject: Re: Catapults, Birds, Orcs & Trolls   Catapults, Birds, Orcs & Trolls EmptyMon Mar 21, 2011 10:52 am

I've ever heard that the veruna's cata is better then ara.
I know spyhawk reveal cloaked units when it pass in the area, i though it was jusk spyhawk but i guess parrot do same, not sure about others. Gargoyle can be slower but i guess his radar is the best not sure.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Catapults, Birds, Orcs & Trolls   Catapults, Birds, Orcs & Trolls EmptyMon Mar 21, 2011 2:03 pm

Back to top Go down
Clay4141

Clay4141

PostSubject: Re: Catapults, Birds, Orcs & Trolls   Catapults, Birds, Orcs & Trolls EmptyTue Mar 22, 2011 7:15 pm

I always used to hear that Verunan were better than Aramonian catapults. Why?
Yes Aramons do more damage with more of and area of effect... but TA:K is more often about range. Its more than just a little bit from what I remember... More range means less chance of being targetted.

I also remember Spyhawks being best because of how fast they were. Parrots being decent. Barnstormers being great for taking that extra shot... Gargoyles are good if you need to hide a fallen angel inside them. Bats were near useless. I know when I was zhon I'd much rather have an enclave make parrots them bats. (auto patrol)

Honestly.. back to catapults... why not use both? Very Happy I believe I've seen Joker do that back in the day. Cannons, mage archers, and both types of catapults. Combined with spyhawks or parrots and his mon... was GG. Only thing able to stop it would be Hatebreeder with his amazing Tarosian skills.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Catapults, Birds, Orcs & Trolls   Catapults, Birds, Orcs & Trolls EmptyTue Mar 22, 2011 7:51 pm

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Catapults, Birds, Orcs & Trolls   Catapults, Birds, Orcs & Trolls EmptyTue Mar 22, 2011 8:23 pm

Back to top Go down
$_ARTHAN

$_ARTHAN

PostSubject: Re: Catapults, Birds, Orcs & Trolls   Catapults, Birds, Orcs & Trolls EmptyWed Mar 23, 2011 1:35 am

I love making a dozen of Bats and send them to patrol altogether in crazy patrol routes. This makes most of the anti-air ground units to go crazy. If you do that the only units that will be able to hit your Bats are instant-shot anti-air units, like Creonian Shock Troopers and Tarosian Mage Towers. Regular arrows will just be too slow to catch them. Bats are excellent if you like to micromanage your aerial scouts, as Landherr says. I have tried sometimes with AI and it works pretty well.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Catapults, Birds, Orcs & Trolls   Catapults, Birds, Orcs & Trolls EmptyWed Mar 23, 2011 11:46 am

Back to top Go down
Clay4141

Clay4141

PostSubject: Re: Catapults, Birds, Orcs & Trolls   Catapults, Birds, Orcs & Trolls EmptyWed Mar 23, 2011 12:05 pm

ARTHAN wrote:
Creonian Shock Troopers

Who even makes these?

b2k_Landherr wrote:
black knight, dirigible and beast lord almost make no mistakes. death totem won't miss much too.

there are other goods too, like mage archer (tracking arrow), centaur, kirenna's bubble, lokken's guided fire ball, etc.

Transport ships... the best.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Catapults, Birds, Orcs & Trolls   Catapults, Birds, Orcs & Trolls EmptyWed Mar 23, 2011 12:25 pm

Back to top Go down
$_ARTHAN

$_ARTHAN

PostSubject: Re: Catapults, Birds, Orcs & Trolls   Catapults, Birds, Orcs & Trolls EmptyWed Mar 23, 2011 3:02 pm

Clay4141 wrote:
ARTHAN wrote:
Creonian Shock Troopers

Who even makes these?

I MAKE THEM!!! A LOT OF THEM ARE SUPER POWERFUL WHEN YOU AIM ON A SINGLE TARGET!!!!!!!!! Cool LOL!
Back to top Go down
Clay4141

Clay4141

PostSubject: Re: Catapults, Birds, Orcs & Trolls   Catapults, Birds, Orcs & Trolls EmptyThu Mar 24, 2011 6:18 pm

But they need to be within range. Lets see who wins, you with 150 shock troopers, or me with 30 Beast Riders.

You with 200 shock troopers or me with an Ariel Juggernaught + Sage?

20 shock troopers vs 5 Knights

5 shock troopers vs 1 cannoneer

They seem worthless to me.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Catapults, Birds, Orcs & Trolls   Catapults, Birds, Orcs & Trolls EmptyThu Mar 24, 2011 6:39 pm

Back to top Go down
$_ARTHAN

$_ARTHAN

PostSubject: Re: Catapults, Birds, Orcs & Trolls   Catapults, Birds, Orcs & Trolls EmptyFri Mar 25, 2011 1:23 am

Clay4141 wrote:
But they need to be within range. Lets see who wins, you with 150 shock troopers, or me with 30 Beast Riders.

You with 200 shock troopers or me with an Ariel Juggernaught + Sage?

20 shock troopers vs 5 Knights

5 shock troopers vs 1 cannoneer

They seem worthless to me.

In order to test stuff like this, you have to come back and play TA:K, something you will never do again, right?
Back to top Go down
Clay4141

Clay4141

PostSubject: Re: Catapults, Birds, Orcs & Trolls   Catapults, Birds, Orcs & Trolls EmptyFri Mar 25, 2011 9:23 am

I don't need to test it. I've played this game for years. It devoured my life through middle school and high school and some of college. Trust me I know what can be done. And I don't see how you couldn't build a beast rider in a 2v2.... you were doing something wrong obviously.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Catapults, Birds, Orcs & Trolls   Catapults, Birds, Orcs & Trolls EmptyFri Mar 25, 2011 1:16 pm

Back to top Go down
Clay4141

Clay4141

PostSubject: Re: Catapults, Birds, Orcs & Trolls   Catapults, Birds, Orcs & Trolls EmptyFri Mar 25, 2011 1:41 pm

Who else doesn't play but views these forums?

honestly, if there were 2 other people like myself who just use these forums and we came back we would still kick ur \"***\" the first game we returned. No practice needed.

We view these forums for fun, not to troll. You fucking smurf.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Catapults, Birds, Orcs & Trolls   Catapults, Birds, Orcs & Trolls EmptyFri Mar 25, 2011 1:46 pm

Back to top Go down
angel3b

PostSubject: Re: Catapults, Birds, Orcs & Trolls   Catapults, Birds, Orcs & Trolls EmptyFri Mar 25, 2011 1:58 pm

lol this is fun
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Catapults, Birds, Orcs & Trolls   Catapults, Birds, Orcs & Trolls EmptyFri Mar 25, 2011 1:59 pm

Back to top Go down
angel3b

PostSubject: Re: Catapults, Birds, Orcs & Trolls   Catapults, Birds, Orcs & Trolls EmptyFri Mar 25, 2011 2:06 pm

well it wasnt like that with me...or i was too much confuse? lol
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Catapults, Birds, Orcs & Trolls   Catapults, Birds, Orcs & Trolls EmptyFri Mar 25, 2011 2:11 pm

Back to top Go down
angel3b

PostSubject: Re: Catapults, Birds, Orcs & Trolls   Catapults, Birds, Orcs & Trolls EmptyFri Mar 25, 2011 2:17 pm

well im a hard person lol

and i didnt get mad with you, just hurt lol
but i got to say it wasnt they way i wanted :p
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Catapults, Birds, Orcs & Trolls   Catapults, Birds, Orcs & Trolls Empty

Back to top Go down

Catapults, Birds, Orcs & Trolls
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next