TA: Kingdoms Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to TA: Kingdoms

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Curriculum Vitae

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Joker

Joker

Curriculum Vitae Empty
PostSubject: Curriculum Vitae   Curriculum Vitae EmptyTue May 17, 2011 8:03 am

Hi everyone, as most of you know, i'm going to England for some months, and i still have to make the CV, i relly don't know how they look like in England, i searched it through the web but im not really in trust, and do i need cover letter there ?

(Sorry there is no place to post a topic liek this lol)
Back to top Go down
$_ARTHAN

$_ARTHAN

Curriculum Vitae Empty
PostSubject: Re: Curriculum Vitae   Curriculum Vitae EmptyTue May 17, 2011 7:28 pm

Does CV mean the following thing?

" the abbreviation for ‘curriculum vitae’ (a written record of your education and the jobs you have done, that you send when you are applying for a job) "

Unfortunately, I don't have any knowledge in moving or working abroad. May the rest of the Total Annihilation Community members have an idea. Try to Private Message them, especially the ones who live in England or USA.

EDIT: I have manage to find the following info in the following link;
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Curriculum_vitae

"In the United Kingdom, a CV is short (usually a maximum of 2 sides of A4 paper), and therefore contains only a summary of the job seeker's employment history, qualifications and some personal information. It is often updated to change the emphasis of the information according to the particular position for which the job seeker is applying.[3] Many CVs contain keywords that potential employers might pick up on and displays the content in the most flattering manner brushing over information like poor grades.[3] A CV can also be extended to include an extra page for the job seeker publications if these are important for the job.

In the United States and Canada, a CV is used in academic circles and medical careers as a "replacement" for a résumé and is far more comprehensive; the term résumé is used for most recruitment campaigns. A CV elaborates on education to a greater degree than a résumé and is expected to include a comprehensive listing of professional history including every term of employment, academic credential, publication, contribution or significant achievement. In certain professions, it may even include samples of the person's work and may run to many pages. Many executives and professionals choose to use a short CV that highlights the focus of their life and not necessarily their employment or education.

In the European Union, there has been an attempt to develop a standardized CV format known as Europass (in 2004 by the European Parliament and European Commission) and promoted by the EU to ease skilled migration between member countries, although this is not widely used in most contexts. The Europass CV system is meant to be just as helpful to employers and education providers as it is to students and job seekers. It was designed to help them understand what people changing between the countries have to offer, whilst overcoming linguistic barriers. The Europass documents also provide recognition for non-accredited learning and work experience.

There are a few companies that prefer not to receive a CV at all in application, but rather produce their own application form which must be completed in applying for any position. Of those, some also allow applicants to attach a CV in support of the application. The reason some companies prefer to process applications this way is to standardize the information they receive, as there can be many variables within a CV. Therefore, the company often does not get all the information they require at the application stage."
Back to top Go down
Joker

Joker

Curriculum Vitae Empty
PostSubject: Re: Curriculum Vitae   Curriculum Vitae EmptyWed May 18, 2011 9:37 am

hmm well i'm still confuse, someone who work in ireland will show me her CV , i guess it's same in the whole united kingdoms, i hope so.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Curriculum Vitae Empty
PostSubject: Re: Curriculum Vitae   Curriculum Vitae Empty

Back to top Go down

Curriculum Vitae
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
TA: Kingdoms Forums :: GENERAL :: General Chat-
Jump to: