TA: Kingdoms Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to TA: Kingdoms

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Proposed build & balance structure- Creon

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Clay4141

Clay4141

Proposed build & balance structure- Creon Empty
PostSubject: Proposed build & balance structure- Creon   Proposed build & balance structure- Creon EmptyTue Jul 14, 2009 6:09 pm

Creon

T1- Sage: increase speed in mortar, lower the height the mortar goes, increase walking speed, add gods textures, can explode(but not massively, all that diseal inside to ignite his flame!)
-wall
-mana refinery: works on water:
-gate: can get hit:
-gatling crossbow: decrease cost and buildtime, decrease attack:
-smithy
-navy yard
-Academy
-barnstorm
-snowballer: balanced:
-garacaius: remove ghost, make it bigger:

*T1- Smithy: change buildangle to 0, can hold 10:
-barnstormer: Allow a transport capacity of 1:
-light infantry
-automaton: balance with swordman:
-buzz:
-sentinel
-mobile crossbow: add rolling tower sounds:
-fire wagon: can transport 1 unit:
-tortoise
-hedgehog: change textures, and fix portrait:
-attack drone
-wheel warrior:
-whacker
-amphibian: can hover
-mechanic

*T2- Mechanic
-wall
-mana refinery
-gatling crossbow
-observer: can hold 1 unit, change portrait:
-bomb sprinkler: increase armor:
-cannon tower: can hold 6 units:
-smithy
-navy yard
-academy

*T2- Shipyard: change buildangle to 0, can hold 15:
-steamer: decrease cost and attack damage, make it bigger:
-stern wheeler
-iron clad: lowered the armor:
-submersible
-gunboat: resize:

*T3- Gunboat:
-mana refinery
-gatling crossbow
-observer
-smithy
-shipyard
-barnstorm
-automaton
-mobile crossbow

*T3- Academy: change buildangle to 0, can hold 20:
-robotic reaper: balanced with berserker:
-cyborg knight: balanced according to crusader:
-automaton II:
-shock trooper: increase armor, added a bit more range, rebalanced:
-plasma trooper:
-dragon engine
-beast rider:
-dino rider:
-terrapin: can go through water(currently broken bc it cant shoot in water, change movement to movement2(hover))
-creon stinger: can transport 1 unit, change textures, sounds, and portrait:
-neo dragon:
-Decoy
-mechanic
-chief engineer

T4- Chief Engineer: move faster, increase armor, can help build anything, can't be frozen nor stoned, paralyser works properly:
-wall
-mana refinery
-mana amplifier
-mana generator
-mana vault: no unit limit, can cloak, increase armor:
-smithy
-navy yard
-academy
-Structural Balloon
-Capitol Atys: retexture, resize, sound change:
-ice giant
-XTAP

T5- Structural Balloon (compare to flying builder in the sense that it can build higher level defense) (taken from RedWarlords(sp?) mod)
-wall
-lodestone
-gatling crossbow
-observer
-bomb sprinkler
-cannon tower -can hold 5 units
-aegis tower -can hold 2 units
-prismatic mirror
-paralyze tower -can hold 3 units

T5- Capitol Atys: can hold 25 units:
-Storm Bringer:
-NEW DRONE
-Iron Juggernaut
-Aerial Juggernaut: decrease cost, reduce attack:
-Garacaius
-Chief Engineer
-Sage
Back to top Go down
Sage
Lead Designer of The New Era Expansion Project
Sage

PostSubject: Re: Proposed build & balance structure- Creon   Proposed build & balance structure- Creon EmptyTue Jul 21, 2009 1:01 pm

What if we add the steal clad as a boss unit? Its attacks are like a mobile mortar, and his short range attacks are arrows.

Last edited by KM-Sage on Tue Jul 21, 2009 2:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://takuniverse.webs.com/
Clay4141

Clay4141

PostSubject: Re: Proposed build & balance structure- Creon   Proposed build & balance structure- Creon EmptyTue Jul 21, 2009 2:09 pm

I saw the unit before, its like another Tank right? If you think its good, then add it. Its the one with the flashy green light on the front right? It looked kinda cool! When you say boss unit, do you mean like built by the Capital? Becuase the way I see it, thats just another tier. Just costs alot to get each unit, so I guess thats what you mean, boss/elite type unit?

Also What about adding the Water Juggernaught to the Capital? I know its a water unit, but have you ever seen the building by Ulterior that can build water units if there is water near the building? Check it out. Its kinda cool! This would also cause anyone whos Creon to try to locate a base near water in order to build it.
Back to top Go down
Sage
Sage

PostSubject: Re: Proposed build & balance structure- Creon   Proposed build & balance structure- Creon EmptyTue Jul 21, 2009 3:03 pm

I was thinking to add it to the capital. Looking at the other races, they do have many elite units compared to creon. Here is an image of what it looks like:

Proposed build & balance structure- Creon Stealc10
Back to top Go down
Clay4141

Clay4141

PostSubject: Re: Proposed build & balance structure- Creon   Proposed build & balance structure- Creon EmptyWed Jul 22, 2009 9:02 am

I'm not against it, I don't think Creon can have 2 many tanks-like units.

Does this or the XTAP look more futurtistic? I think the more futuristic looking one should be the Elite Boss unit.
Back to top Go down
Sage
Sage

PostSubject: Re: Proposed build & balance structure- Creon   Proposed build & balance structure- Creon EmptyWed Jul 22, 2009 12:59 pm

There are not many units out there that can be used as elite units for creon. The xtap looks exactly the same as the iron juggernaut; it's just smaller and the team colors are in a different layout. The iron juggy attacks more like a beast rider, and the steal clad attacks more like a mortar for long range, and uses arrows for close range.

There are some units that do look a bit futuristic. For example, the new drone, sentinel, etc.. If we look at them this way, we would have to take more units out, and there are barely more units we could add for creon. Do you agree with me?
Back to top Go down
Clay4141

Clay4141

PostSubject: Re: Proposed build & balance structure- Creon   Proposed build & balance structure- Creon EmptyWed Jul 22, 2009 1:39 pm

I didn't think of it like that, I do agree now that you put it that way. Very good point Sage!
And you know me... I'm very critical. :Exclamation:

OH Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation
I just thought of something that I was working on with Veruna and got kinda stuck when comparing it to Zhon, and now Creon.

In the structuring of Veruna I removed all "units" from the Priest of Lihr, in hopes that it would just be a mana/building builder. A utility unit to say. I moved the tera whale out to the sea fort, and removed the elven archer because it didn't agree with Veruna IMO. Also because Zhon already has an elven archer.

I then thought of what would happen to Zhon. They would have an over abundence of units in the Kandran Tomb, but this just added to Zhon being the beasty race. Giant Orm, Giant Barracuda, Giant Spider, Treeant, Dragon Turtle, Goblin King, Chimera, Warlord, and Goblin Behemoth. That would be 9 elite units instead of the average 4/5 or so of the other races. Of course they could be balanced accordingly to make up for them having more. Then I realized all the other races have gates. Which we all know are very very useful. I doubt the extra units will be a problem anyways, because I mean look at Veruna, they have extra ships and such.

In doing all this, Creon would have the Ice giant and XTAP in the capital. Is there a way to differentiate the XTAP from the Steal Clad? Do you think we can figure something out Sage? What does that purple shield do for the XTAP? Maybe we can give it some type of Defense Aura?

Do you understand where I'm coming from?
Back to top Go down
ACE

ACE

PostSubject: Re: Proposed build & balance structure- Creon   Proposed build & balance structure- Creon EmptySat Aug 08, 2009 8:40 pm

i just played the mod as creon and there are a few things i'd like to point out

the chief engineer is named as T2 and the capital as T3 shouldn't it be T3 and T4?

the academy can build unlimited really weak versions of sage without his attacks for 10000 he can only build 3 things, i don't really get that

there are many units that have a really big circle round them when you select them, can this be reduced?

some units have some really bad animation snowballer and roboreaper are prime examples

garacious has a weird glitch in his hat texture it goes invisible sometimes. The enlargement has also made him look weird when he is walking

the gun boat doesn't build the navy yard (and possibly other units/buildings I didn't test)

what does the activate and deactivate feature do on the XTAP and other units all i can see is that it spins a thing on it lol

the spider thing charges its mana too fast IMHO

Whacker isn't a very good name for a unit, its like calling a swordsman a stabber

Those are some of the things i noticed when playing as creon, its just friendly critisism to keep you on your toes lol!
Back to top Go down
Sage
Sage

PostSubject: Re: Proposed build & balance structure- Creon   Proposed build & balance structure- Creon EmptySat Aug 08, 2009 9:03 pm

Thanks for the feedback ace. I messed up on the tiers, but now they are fixed. Take a look at the general info section.

The stats for many units need to be worked on. The point for this sage is to have him as a decoy unit like in ta which is a cheap unit that looks just like the mon.

The circle for those units need to be fixed as well.

The animations for the snowballer and roboreaper look weird because of their speed; that' needs to be fixed, too.

Garacaius didn't get resized; I only took off the ghost anim.

The gunboat also needs to build; that's a script problem. Hopefully, we can have snail fix it.

The aura over the xtap unit is part of the unit which I still have comprehend what its for.

-Which spider are you talking about? The one from the Capitol?

Do you think you can think of a name for the whacker?

Good points ace.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Proposed build & balance structure- Creon   Proposed build & balance structure- Creon Empty

Back to top Go down

Proposed build & balance structure- Creon
Page 1 of 1