TA: Kingdoms Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to TA: Kingdoms

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Clients and Documentation for Downloads

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Sakuro

Sakuro

Clients and Documentation for Downloads Empty
PostSubject: Clients and Documentation for Downloads   Clients and Documentation for Downloads EmptyFri Nov 11, 2011 7:45 pm

Hello out there in TA: K land. I've been skimming over the forum for a while now and two questions have come to mind: 1.) What online client is most commonly used for multiplayer and 2.) Do any of the downloads on this site have documentation, such as a read me, that would describe their content? Something you could read before downloading it.

I've have TA: K since the 90's and never played online. I'd like to try that, which is why I'm asking about the client. I'm on a dialup connection though, so I don't want to spend all day downloading and experimenting with a ton of clients only to find out only one of the four is used by the TA: K community.

That same slow download time makes me reluctant to download something, even if the download comes with a read me file, without knowing the content first. Imagine spending five hours downloading something, reading the read me, and then finding out it isn't what your after. Annoying. Thank you for your time and help in advance.
Back to top Go down
$_ARTHAN

$_ARTHAN

PostSubject: Re: Clients and Documentation for Downloads   Clients and Documentation for Downloads EmptySat Nov 12, 2011 4:14 am

* Dear Sakuro, the online client we are playing the most is GameRanger. GameRanger's web adress is the following:
http://www.gameranger.com/
* In order to be able to play online, you have to download a special version of TA Kingdoms first, the famous Lord-Hawk-Claw's-Ultimate-TAK-Pack (Version 4.1BB). The UltimateTAKingdomsPack is located here, download it, install TAK and install all the patches it includes:
http://kingdomszone.com/Downloads.htm
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Clients and Documentation for Downloads   Clients and Documentation for Downloads EmptySat Nov 12, 2011 5:50 am

what downloads on this site are you referring to?

and gameranger download is very small so don't worry
Back to top Go down
Sakuro

Sakuro

PostSubject: Re: Clients and Documentation for Downloads   Clients and Documentation for Downloads EmptySat Nov 12, 2011 6:26 am

Thank you for the responses guys.

wop wrote:
None of the links to downloads I've seen on this forum have documentation. They might not be hosted on this site. But, as an example, I have no idea what any of the items are on the second link IMP ARTHAN provided or their content.

IMP ARTHAN wrote:
In order to be able to play online, you have to download a special version of TA Kingdoms first, the famous Lord-Hawk-Claw's-Ultimate-TAK-Pack (Version 4.1BB).]
Are you talking about "Ultimate TA:K Pack Version 1.0" or "TAK4.1BB Update" ? Man it would help if those things actually had easy to find descriptions to go with them.
Back to top Go down
$_ARTHAN

$_ARTHAN

PostSubject: Re: Clients and Documentation for Downloads   Clients and Documentation for Downloads EmptySat Nov 12, 2011 8:51 am

Sakuro wrote:
Thank you for the responses guys.

wop wrote:
None of the links to downloads I've seen on this forum have documentation. They might not be hosted on this site. But, as an example, I have no idea what any of the items are on the second link IMP ARTHAN provided or their content.

IMP ARTHAN wrote:
In order to be able to play online, you have to download a special version of TA Kingdoms first, the famous Lord-Hawk-Claw's-Ultimate-TAK-Pack (Version 4.1BB).]
Are you talking about "Ultimate TA:K Pack Version 1.0" or "TAK4.1BB Update" ? Man it would help if those things actually had easy to find descriptions to go with them.

Dear Sakuro, I am talking about Ultimate TA:K Pack Version 1.0, which includes TAK 4.1BB patch. Just click the red letters which write "Downloads/Mods/Ultimate TAK Pack v1.0.exe". If you still do not understand what I say, just click the following link:
http://kingdomszone.com/Downloads/Mods/Ultimate%20TAK%20Pack%20v1.0.exe
It needs some time to be downloaded (it's size is about 300-400 MB), however it includes everything! When you finish downloading, click on Ultimate TAK Pack v1.0.exe in order to begin the install. The file automatically installs TAK in the destination C:\Cavedoggy, then it starts installing TAK version 4.1BB, after that it will install TAK version 3.0, right after it is going to install TAK Switcher and finally it will install WarZone client. You don't have to install TAK switcher or WarZone client, however, since we rarely play modded TAK with the switcher and we play online on GameRanger instead of WarZone. However, you MUST install TAK version 4.1BB and TAK version 3.0 in order to play TA Kingdoms. I hope my words are not confusing. If you need any more help, don't hesistate to private message me, ok? Have a nice day!
Back to top Go down
Sakuro

Sakuro

PostSubject: Re: Clients and Documentation for Downloads   Clients and Documentation for Downloads EmptySat Nov 12, 2011 6:00 pm

Whoa! 300 MB is way too big of a file for me to download. Forget about hours, it'd take days. I already have the CDs for TA: K and it's expansion, so I don't need to download the entire game, if that's what it has. From what you're saying, it sounds like all I really need is that 4.1BB update. Right?
Back to top Go down
Myst

Myst

PostSubject: Re: Clients and Documentation for Downloads   Clients and Documentation for Downloads EmptySun Nov 13, 2011 5:49 pm

right
Back to top Go down
Sakuro

Sakuro

PostSubject: Re: Clients and Documentation for Downloads   Clients and Documentation for Downloads EmptySun Nov 13, 2011 8:49 pm

Thanks a bundle for the help guys.
Back to top Go down

Clients and Documentation for Downloads
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
TA: Kingdoms Forums :: GENERAL :: General Chat-
Jump to: