TA: Kingdoms Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to TA: Kingdoms

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Un/Holy Sites

Go down 
+4
$_ARTHAN
Myst
Wqaopl
Sakuro
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Sakuro

Sakuro

Un/Holy Sites Empty
PostSubject: Un/Holy Sites   Un/Holy Sites EmptyWed Nov 16, 2011 7:14 pm

I believe I once read that the Titan unit has an aura type effect that increases the effectiveness of other units around it. Is this true? If so, can the effect be duplicated?

An idea I had was for something akin to this aura effect, but on stationary buildings. Like an "Unholy Altar of Belial" that weakens enemies attack. Or a "Shrine of Anu" that boosts defense. But the effect would be over a significant area. About the average size of most bases.

Probably isn't workable, but I thoght I'd share the idea.
Back to top Go down
Wqaopl

Wqaopl

Un/Holy Sites Empty
PostSubject: Re: Un/Holy Sites   Un/Holy Sites EmptyThu Nov 17, 2011 4:53 am

you heed to get the hpi viewer and have a look at the ubits your selth and mod/make your selth. its unlikly any one will do it for you.
Back to top Go down
Sakuro

Sakuro

Un/Holy Sites Empty
PostSubject: Re: Un/Holy Sites   Un/Holy Sites EmptyThu Nov 17, 2011 5:04 am

I'm not making any requests. I'm sharing ideas. Thought that's what the suggestion/ideas thread was for. But if new ideas aren't welcome, I'll just hold my tounge.
Back to top Go down
Myst

Myst

Un/Holy Sites Empty
PostSubject: Re: Un/Holy Sites   Un/Holy Sites EmptyThu Nov 17, 2011 5:53 am

Sakuro. Your ideas are welcome here. I have limited imagination and for me its hard to create something revealing. Probably Wqaopl misunderstand...
Back to top Go down
$_ARTHAN

$_ARTHAN

Un/Holy Sites Empty
PostSubject: Re: Un/Holy Sites   Un/Holy Sites EmptyMon Nov 19, 2012 2:29 am

Actually, a cool way to create holy/unholy sites can be achieved manually via multi-player scripted maps. The holy/unholy area could be a trigger and the boosting/weakening effect could be a rule that heals/damages certain types of units. For example, unholy aura could heal by 10 points per second every undead and deamon, while a holy aura could damage them by 15 points.
Back to top Go down
$ MalinOMW

$ MalinOMW

Un/Holy Sites Empty
PostSubject: Re: Un/Holy Sites   Un/Holy Sites EmptyTue Nov 20, 2012 11:25 am

script are safe

i know second options (more advanced but really ?buggable? ?breakable? (not work many times))

for this u need hpi view and hpi pack

also u will need all units stats file (extract v3rocket.hpi file for all units/unitscb file stats etc etc)

so ok
1) make map with all scripts units etc (u will need repeat this action if u open map with cartographer and save map)
2) extract this "example map" file with hpi view
3) add unitscb/units folder near kmap folder (near kmap NOT in )(example map/kmap , example map/unitscb)
4) add this units stats which u gonna change (for example u want to change titan aura distance so copy titanfile(arasmith.fbi) from unitscb v3rocket file then put in unitscb in your example map file (NEAR TO kmap NOT in kmap file))
5) change stats for titan
6) pack with hpi pack
7) try avoid open this example map with cartographer cause cartographer default remove all other files expect kmap so u will need repeat all this

Warning

-sometimes files are not loaded by game (just like in all other normal maps there are default stats)

-sometimes files are not loaded for all player for multiplayer game (i think its can be barely possible to play 8 players with change stats cause one of the player probably will have non-changed stats)

-sometimes files are not FULL loaded so if u change many units some of them can have regular stats (this is strange situation)

-if u play vs computer on singler player mode and dont leave a game program, once loaded stats will be use for all next maps (most strange u can change stats for campaing cause of this LOL)

-probably this have many other bugs but its only way to change speed, health, cost, dmg, aura(even give aura for weird units) etc
Back to top Go down
Bardan

Bardan

Un/Holy Sites Empty
PostSubject: Re: Un/Holy Sites   Un/Holy Sites EmptySun Jul 28, 2013 1:41 pm

I know this is old, but this trick is easily replicated. Indeed, there is a way to tack on bonuses to healing, armor, and attack. You can even have this effect influence enemy units. I think it might be possible to input negative values to effectively weaken enemy units if they enter the aura radius. It is something I plan to work into Tryak if I am correct in my assumptions.
Back to top Go down
Lord chris

Lord chris

Un/Holy Sites Empty
PostSubject: Re: Un/Holy Sites   Un/Holy Sites EmptyTue Jul 30, 2013 12:06 am

me and double tested this they add armor to buildings and units i attacked doubles mon with 13 cannons his health didnt drop once
Back to top Go down
Lord ZacDom

Lord ZacDom

Un/Holy Sites Empty
PostSubject: Re: Un/Holy Sites   Un/Holy Sites EmptyTue Jul 30, 2013 1:03 pm

That sounds awesome
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/zac.domrase
Sponsored content

Un/Holy Sites Empty
PostSubject: Re: Un/Holy Sites   Un/Holy Sites Empty

Back to top Go down