TA: Kingdoms Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to TA: Kingdoms

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

A couple of question (or more)

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
$_Spagg

$_Spagg

A couple of question (or more) Empty
PostSubject: A couple of question (or more)   A couple of question (or more) EmptySun May 27, 2012 4:27 pm

I have some questions about tak history and knowledge.
Does Elsin sword have a name?
Does Kirenna's trident have a name?
Does Lokken's staff have a name?
Does Thirsha's staff have a name?
Does Sage's thing have a name?

Are Mer Warriors intelligent beings? How about firedemons?

Do you know Minecraft? Im planning to make a mod (for me and for fun) about TA:K
And I think t would be weird to have a MerWarrior / Tarosian Demon pet if they are intelligent.

And can Thirsha see through all Zhonian-beast's Eyes? Or just through the Bat's eye?

Who is Garacaius wife?

Thats all =B
Back to top Go down
$_ARTHAN

$_ARTHAN

PostSubject: Re: A couple of question (or more)   A couple of question (or more) EmptyMon May 28, 2012 4:28 am

Spagg wrote:
I have some questions about tak history and knowledge.
Does Elsin sword have a name?
Does Kirenna's trident have a name?
Does Lokken's staff have a name?
Does Thirsha's staff have a name?
Does Sage's thing have a name?

Are Mer Warriors intelligent beings? How about firedemons?

Do you know Minecraft? Im planning to make a mod (for me and for fun) about TA:K
And I think t would be weird to have a MerWarrior / Tarosian Demon pet if they are intelligent.

And can Thirsha see through all Zhonian-beast's Eyes? Or just through the Bat's eye?

Who is Garacaius wife?

Thats all =B

Dear Spagg,
It is very nice seeing a post of yours in these forums. You can find all your answers if you read the TAK manuals and side-stories (posted here by me and thanks to you and Landherr). However, in order to save time for you, here are my personal answers to your questions:

1}
I don't have found anything about Elsin's weapon, but Elsin has received the mogrite stone known as Stone of Darien mounted on a pendant.

2}
I don't have found anything about Thirsa's weapon, but Thirsa has received the mogrite stone known as Soul of Kandra mounted on a bracelet.

3}
I don't have found anything about Lokken's weapon, but Lokken has received the mogrite stone known as Angvir's Flame mounted on a scepter (possibly his staff-like weapon).

4}
I don't have found anything about Kirenna's weapon, but Kirenna has received the mogrite stone known as Macha's Tear mounted on a ring.

5}
I don't know about Sage's weapon. Maybe if we had the Iron Plague's Manual... However, since Creonite equipment is always mundane and non-magical, I suppose it hasn't any special name, since it is not something like an ancient artifact, like the Mogrite Stone.

6}
Mer Warriors and Fire Deamons are intelligent beings, since they can talk if you click them and order them around. Mer Warriors are also able to use melee trident-like weapons, so they must be as intelligent as humans. About the Fire Deamons, I am not sure about how much intelligent are they, but I suppose they are smarter than animals but more stupid than humans.

7}
Well, it depends. Thirsa is obviously a half-bat, half-human woman herself, so she can communicate with the bats through ultra-sonic sounds or something like that, so she can see through the bat's eyes. However, it doesn't seem to have the power to see through other Zhonian creature's eyes, because if Thirsa could see through Troiss' or Mishana's eyes, then Troiss or Mishana wouldn't need to scout first and report back later what they saw, since Thirsa would have had already witnessed what they saw:
" Veruna and Aramon, in a mood for revenge, have brought their warships to the shore of Zhon, but they have no intention of stopping there. A lone nomadic hunter from Zhon, Mishana, encounters a Verunan base under construction. There was little time to warn his people, Veruna will spill into the inter realm within days if they were not stopped now. This puts their monarch, Queen Thirsa, at risk! With his fine tracking skills and with a little luck, he seeks the lair of the stone giants. A lone hunter stood no chance against the armored invaders, but with the legendary stone giants at his side there was hope. Only these walking towers of animated stone could withstand the Verunan weapons, and buy more time for Zhon..."
" Zhon must now get the measure of the Verunan encampent's defences. The Uru tribe is legendary for their hunting abilities, of with they stealthly gain acces to pray:
'One quiet man can see what a vast army can not.'
- Troiss, Uru Warrior
Once more the indigenous skills and resolution of the Zhon, are put to the test against the invaders from Veruna."

8}
Garacaius' wife is called Lasha and she is considered a beautiful woman with long black hair (it is mentioned that Thirsa took many aspects of her appearance from her mother). Here are parts of the Chronicles of Darien that mention Lasha:
"The longest of Garacaius’ expeditions, which took him to the heart of Zhon, lasted nearly two years. When he returned, his retinue was increased by a new companion: a beautiful woman, as dark-haired and dark-complexioned as Garacaius was fair. Normally this would have excited much comment, and Lasha, the dark-haired beauty, would have been the object of many inquisitive stares."
"The first years of the rule of Garacaius were also marked by a personal note. The First Mage Emperor (a title he was said to detest, but which had been conferred upon him by a fearful, but grateful populace) became officially betrothed to the dark-haired Lasha, whom he had met on his last expedition in the land of Zhon. Four children resulted from this union, and their appearance was held to be a miracle of harmony.There were two boys and two girls, and one of each was fair; the others, dark."
"The squall hit the harbor like a striking snake. One moment, the water was as placid as a pond. The next, foamflecked waves reared up as savage blasts of wind whipped and slashed at the sea. The children panicked, and the boat capsized. Garacaius was an excellent swimmer and managed to save the four children, but his beloved wife, Lasha, drowned."
Back to top Go down
$_Spagg

$_Spagg

PostSubject: Re: A couple of question (or more)   A couple of question (or more) EmptyMon May 28, 2012 11:44 am

Thank you Arthan! You must be alien, srsly, you are way too kind to be a human.
Oh and I noticed you use Thirsa instead of Thirsha. Why? =P

Back to top Go down
$_ARTHAN

$_ARTHAN

PostSubject: Re: A couple of question (or more)   A couple of question (or more) EmptyMon May 28, 2012 11:58 am

Spagg wrote:
Thank you Arthan! You must be alien, srsly, you are way too kind to be a human.
Oh and I noticed you use Thirsa instead of Thirsha. Why? =P

Thank you! I am an alien ready to brainwash the whole humanity with supernatural kindness. About Thirsha, it is just a vocabulary mistake I usually do. Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A couple of question (or more)   A couple of question (or more) EmptyMon May 28, 2012 5:39 pm

I don't think the Iron Plague's Manual was ever made?

Spagg wrote:
[joke]GL BUT YOUR GONNA FAIL BECAUSE RIGHT NOW I'M PUTTING MY WRETCHED STENCH ON YOUR IDEA.[/joke]

Sry had to put the tag or people would start to panic Razz
Back to top Go down
$_Spagg

$_Spagg

PostSubject: Re: A couple of question (or more)   A couple of question (or more) EmptyMon May 28, 2012 6:35 pm

Im not gonna fail. Ive made Minecraft Mods before, I have a large experience with Java, and I have support (from myself)

Oh and Arthan I asked about Thirsa because I thought it was a Cavedog's error =P

Oh and I notice Im in love with Tak
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A couple of question (or more)   A couple of question (or more) EmptyTue May 29, 2012 6:15 pm

I suppose Cavedog has a bit more authority about tak than Arthan :>
Spagg wrote:
Oh and I notice Im in love with Tak
Please use protection Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Certifus-

PostSubject: Re: A couple of question (or more)   A couple of question (or more) EmptyMon Jun 18, 2012 3:03 am

IMP_ARTHAN wrote:

3}
I don't have found anything about Lokken's weapon, but Lokken has received the mogrite stone known as Angvir's Flame mounted on a scepter (possibly his staff-like weapon).

7}
Well, it depends. Thirsa is obviously a half-bat, half-human woman herself, so she can communicate with the bats through ultra-sonic sounds or something like that, so she can see through the bat's eyes. However, it doesn't seem to have the power to see through other Zhonian creature's eyes, because if Thirsa could see through Troiss' or Mishana's eyes, then Troiss or Mishana wouldn't need to scout first and report back later what they saw, since Thirsa would have had already witnessed what they saw:

3. Didn't Lokken give his Angvir's Flame to Thirsha shortly before he died? Lokken died with his staff if I recall; therefore, the staff has no connection to the scepter.

7. Thirsha had a human mother and father. I may be interpreting you incorrectly but I would classify her as human with some bat traits. I would imagine that Thirsha's appearance has changed over the millenia (maybe she did a ritual to communicate with the bats or something) much like Lokken's and Kirenna's appearance.

My question: Did Garacaius destroy the 5th mogrite stone? It was so much more powerful than the others that the Kandran wizards destroyed the world fighting over it.
Back to top Go down
$_ARTHAN

$_ARTHAN

PostSubject: Re: A couple of question (or more)   A couple of question (or more) EmptyTue Jun 19, 2012 2:06 am

Certifus- wrote:
IMP_ARTHAN wrote:

3}

7}

3. Didn't Lokken give his Angvir's Flame to Thirsha shortly before he died? Lokken died with his staff if I recall; therefore, the staff has no connection to the scepter.

7. Thirsha had a human mother and father. I may be interpreting you incorrectly but I would classify her as human with some bat traits. I would imagine that Thirsha's appearance has changed over the millenia (maybe she did a ritual to communicate with the bats or something) much like Lokken's and Kirenna's appearance.

My question: Did Garacaius destroy the 5th mogrite stone? It was so much more powerful than the others that the Kandran wizards destroyed the world fighting over it.

Dear Certifus, I see you know surprisingly well of TA:Kingdoms storyline (I thought I was the only "TAK's storyline nerd" in these forums and I am happy I found another one, lol Very Happy ). Here are my explanations:

3} This is a very good point. However, I never meant that Lokken's staff gains its power from the Angvir's Flame, I just thought that this mogrite stone was placed on top of Lokken's scepter and was later removed by him and given to Thirsa.

7} Of course Thirsa was born as a human. However, due to her practice with magic, her 1000-years dissapearance in the deep mystical jungle, her connection with ancient Kandran ruins and artifacts, her mogrite stone and her wild inner nature, she finally traded willingly half of her human nature for a bat-like one.

Your answer (lol): There is one part in the Chronicles of Darien which mentions the 5th stone and its dissapearance along with the dissapearance of Garacaius:
"For Garacaius was not in the Throne Room. The Throne of Ludd was empty. And where the stone known as Modron’s Eye had been, a cavity yawned mockingly."
In the intro video of the Iron Plague, it is mentioned that Garacaius traded via a powerful spell his immortality for a last mortal life. I suppose that Mordon's Eye was a material component for this spell, since this mogrite stone was probably the main source of Garacaius immortality, and it needed to be destroyed as a part of the ritual.
Another posibility (but mostly unlikely) is that Garacaius thought that this mogrite stone was too powerful to be used again by mortal hands, so he either hid it somewhere to not be found again or took it with him in his journey to Creon.
Back to top Go down
Certifus-

PostSubject: Re: A couple of question (or more)   A couple of question (or more) EmptyTue Jun 19, 2012 1:37 pm

Smile I've always liked the story behind Kingdoms. I never really made the connection that destroying Modron's Eye could possibly let Garacaius live 1 last mortal life.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A couple of question (or more)   A couple of question (or more) Empty

Back to top Go down

A couple of question (or more)
Page 1 of 1