TA: Kingdoms Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to TA: Kingdoms

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

anyone still making new things?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
secretfire6

anyone still making new things? Empty
PostSubject: anyone still making new things?   anyone still making new things? EmptyTue Nov 13, 2012 9:55 pm

Hey I was just wondering if anyone out there is still making new mods or updating the ones that already exist. I have alot of ideas, bug spots and balancing issues that could help. Maybe we could make something totally new using what is already out there. It could be fun to just brain storm and see what we like and dont like about the official and 3rd party units, races and buildings.
Back to top Go down
$_ARTHAN

$_ARTHAN

PostSubject: Re: anyone still making new things?   anyone still making new things? EmptyWed Nov 14, 2012 8:11 am

Dear secretfire6,
About modding, I don't really have any decent knowledge.
However, about "making new things", I am definitely active, since I make both single player and multiplayer missions as well as balancing my Fairplay map which can put an end to off-screen, gate spamming, treb spamming, early rushes and ghost-making.
Furthermore, really thanks for your posts! This forum deserves greater activity. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
secretfire6

PostSubject: Re: anyone still making new things?   anyone still making new things? EmptyWed Nov 14, 2012 2:47 pm

Hey Arthan. That's too bad Sad I don't know anything about programming either. I'm more on the art side of things. new single player missions sound fun. I've played Darien Crusades and Iron Plague missions so much I have the briefings memorized haha.
Tell me more about the Fairplay map. Is it online only? I'm familiar with everything you mentioned (trebuchets are annoying as heck) except for 'ghost making'. What is that exactly?
Do you know how to edit unit stats? I'd like to have lichs and berserkers that can see where they are going or tweak some of the 3rd party units out there.
My brother is an old TAK player although not as into it as I am. He got me started playing it like back in 2000. I don't know if he would join this site or not.
Back to top Go down
$_ARTHAN

$_ARTHAN

PostSubject: Re: anyone still making new things?   anyone still making new things? EmptyThu Nov 15, 2012 2:25 am

secretfire6 wrote:
Hey Arthan. That's too bad Sad I don't know anything about programming either. I'm more on the art side of things. new single player missions sound fun. I've played Darien Crusades and Iron Plague missions so much I have the briefings memorized haha.
Tell me more about the Fairplay map. Is it online only? I'm familiar with everything you mentioned (trebuchets are annoying as heck) except for 'ghost making'. What is that exactly?
Do you know how to edit unit stats? I'd like to have lichs and berserkers that can see where they are going or tweak some of the 3rd party units out there.
My brother is an old TAK player although not as into it as I am. He got me started playing it like back in 2000. I don't know if he would join this site or not.

* Fairplay map download link is here:
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/61724283/ARTHAN%27s%20FairplayV1.kmp

It was designed with multiplayer experience in mind, however it can be played single player too by using Ramstein's single-multiplayer-mission mod and running it by TAKSwitcher.

* Here is the link for Ramstein's mod:
https://skydrive.live.com/redir?resid=1B247A6D07FD0DE2!133

* Here is the link for TAK Switcher (but if you have downloaded the Ultimate TAK Pack you have TAKSwitcher already installed in your TAK directory):
http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?g4e997jnoltfinr

Good Luck & Have Fun!
Back to top Go down
secretfire6

PostSubject: Re: anyone still making new things?   anyone still making new things? EmptyThu Nov 15, 2012 2:57 am

oh man..I've had nothing but problems with all these mods and races and things crashing the game. It does sound like fun, If I could get it to stay working.
Back to top Go down
$_ARTHAN

$_ARTHAN

PostSubject: Re: anyone still making new things?   anyone still making new things? EmptyThu Nov 15, 2012 4:13 am

secretfire6 wrote:
oh man..I've had nothing but problems with all these mods and races and things crashing the game. It does sound like fun, If I could get it to stay working.

I suggest having TAK installed more than once in your hard drive. Personally I have 4 TAK folders; a TAK 4.1bb one, a TAK modded one, a TAK Conflict of Adra one and a TAK 3.0BB one. I have made GameRanger to detect my TAK 4.1bb directory in order to play online with no problems while the rest are for single player experience.
That way, my original TAK 4.1bb stays intact while trying new mods via my modded TAK directory. Wink
Back to top Go down
secretfire6

PostSubject: Re: anyone still making new things?   anyone still making new things? EmptyThu Nov 15, 2012 4:30 pm

oh..wait You can do that? Sorry im still pretty novice at computer stuff. I have all these things in my one TAK folder right now. Actually i have a cavedog folder(the original for the game) and I have one called cavedoggy from the ultimate TAK pack. I've just been downloading everything new like races ,mods and AI's and been putting them into the appropriate folder in "kingdoms" so I can choose what I want to play on the switcher. I also have both the 3.0BB and 4.1BB patches in the "kingdoms" folder together.
I'd think this might be part of my crash issues BUT i had the issue back when the only thing I had was new Era 3.2. If that and the swtcher I got with the ultimate TAK pack from kigdomzone are buggy, it could be responsible for the issues. is there only one switcher out there?
Back to top Go down
$_ARTHAN

$_ARTHAN

PostSubject: Re: anyone still making new things?   anyone still making new things? EmptyThu Nov 15, 2012 6:31 pm

Yes, there is only one switcher out there as far as I know.
About multiple TAK directories, just copy/paste the Ultimate TAK PAck folder, rename it to "modded TAK" or something and try things with new units, mods & stuff there. Hope I was helpful.
Back to top Go down
secretfire6

PostSubject: Re: anyone still making new things?   anyone still making new things? EmptySat Nov 17, 2012 3:41 pm

hmm Ok so i don't need to put everything into my main kingdoms folder, thats good. I will still need the CD to play it though right? I don't remember the ultimate TAK pack having a kingdoms.exe in it, it just transformed my original kingdoms folder in order to be able to use mods with the switcher. I do recall reading threads on here about people being able to play some parts of the game without the CD. i play warcraft3 and unreal tournament that way.
Yes everybody and every thread I've read on this site has been helpful. i've been out of the TAK online community for probably 9 or 10 years. so much has happened since then and so many new units and races have come out.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: anyone still making new things?   anyone still making new things? Empty

Back to top Go down

anyone still making new things?
Page 1 of 1