TA: Kingdoms Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to TA: Kingdoms

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Why do we bother?

Go down 
+3
EtherLord-RX
Sage
SlowSnail3o
7 posters
AuthorMessage
SlowSnail3o

SlowSnail3o

Why do we bother? Empty
PostSubject: Why do we bother?   Why do we bother? EmptyFri Jul 17, 2009 6:56 pm

TA:k has been dragged in and out of the grave many many times. Why do we insist? Is there a similar game to tak? - why dont we all switch to something newer?

Tak community knows little about game itself, some do mods, others scripts, game bugs are far from beibg fixed.

I am extremely disapoited by cartographer and its limits.
All that makes game closer to its grave. I can not stOp playing it despite so many fails that i can not even enumerate right now.

Again why do u think we r still playing this old forgotten game?!?
Back to top Go down
http://www.igrajmo.se
Sage
Lead Designer of The New Era Expansion Project
Sage

Why do we bother? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Why do we bother?   Why do we bother? EmptyFri Jul 17, 2009 8:23 pm

We are working on it Smile Clay and I are working on a new version for the mod that will balance it more, and will have a new structure as well.

About the cartographer, I haven't got the chance to talk to axl, but I will soon. If you see mikenewb, he might be able to help you, too.

Everyweek, we are getting new players in. I believe the videos on youtube have helped alot.
Back to top Go down
https://takuniverse.webs.com/
SlowSnail3o

SlowSnail3o

Why do we bother? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Why do we bother?   Why do we bother? EmptySat Jul 18, 2009 3:37 am

Well I tried to move on, tried other games that would replace TA:K. Didn't stick to them, I always came back to TA:K. Maybe when u play a game for a long time it grows on u and u feel like its the right place for u.
Back to top Go down
EtherLord-RX

EtherLord-RX

Why do we bother? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Why do we bother?   Why do we bother? EmptySat Jul 18, 2009 11:13 am

TA:K is awesome. What other reason do you need to keep playing it? king
Back to top Go down
SlowSnail3o

SlowSnail3o

Why do we bother? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Why do we bother?   Why do we bother? EmptySat Jul 18, 2009 1:35 pm

Yeah i know i cant stop playing it nothing is better
Back to top Go down
ACE

ACE

Why do we bother? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Why do we bother?   Why do we bother? EmptySun Jul 19, 2009 4:53 pm

Tak has many faults but it has many charms also, what game has such a variety of units each with so much character. The artwork is amazing and the music just suits the game perfectly (although i wish each race had its own theme music when you play as them). When you play a game like this for so long and have many good memories you will always love it, like a first car (as long as its not a heap of crap, which tak certainly isn't).

Something i really like about tak is that you get into the action pretty fast, in other games like warcraft 3 its all about resource building, the simplicity of tak is definately a good thing for me

KM-Sage wrote:

Everyweek, we are getting new players in. I believe the videos on youtube have helped alot.

I'm glad i thought of that idea, my vid has brought a lot of players to tak (nearly 5500 views) and i'm sure it is still doing so. Let tak live on!
Back to top Go down
Necro280

Why do we bother? Empty
PostSubject: Why bother?   Why do we bother? EmptyFri Dec 25, 2009 9:18 pm

Why bother? Let me tell you why they should bother. This, to me, is the king of all RTS games... it's beautiful. I was so sad the day it wouldn't run on my vista.. especially after never being able to try it online. Now, this can change.. I'm very happy on the christmas day..
Back to top Go down
$_ARTHAN

$_ARTHAN

Why do we bother? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Why do we bother?   Why do we bother? EmptySat Mar 10, 2012 7:40 am

Yeah, right, for some reason, in 2009-2010, everyone was interested in playing TA:Kingdoms online. However, for an unkonwn reason, despite the fact there is still no game like TA:K out there, after two years there is hardly anyone who wish to play this game. So, everyone keeps leaving and almost no one is coming...
Ok, it seems that year 2012 will be a very bad year for TAK... I won't try any longer to help this game for maps or mods, if I create any maps or mods they will be for myself only.
Why do we bother? It would be nice if we still bothered, but the truth is that extremely few people bother for TAK anymore and these will start losing motivation in doing so, like Landherr or myself... In the end, no one will stay here, no one... I hate admitting it, but yes, TAK is dead in online terms... It may has a small ressurection in the future, but it will be small untill it die again... TAK is old, it cannot return to its golden era no matter what.
However, I think I will keep in playing this game versus the AI.
If someone wants to play with me a multiplayer script, a 1v1 deathmatch, or a co-op versus the AI, then he/she can simply PrivateMessage me here, in TAK community. Bye!
Back to top Go down

Why do we bother? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Why do we bother?   Why do we bother? EmptySat Mar 10, 2012 3:14 pm

TAK was slowing down because TDs were owning, the last blow was joker owning every1. Then things got a bit better again with gameranger, but then I owned every1 (including joker).Yet, many people in the world have interest in TAK. That end may take decades to come. TAK isn't completely dead online. Things can always get better or worse, with a new forum, new downloads, new patch, etc. And TAK won't totally vanish just because you're leaving, people have this habit of thinking 'everything is over' just because they are off.
Back to top Go down
$_Spagg

$_Spagg

Why do we bother? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Why do we bother?   Why do we bother? EmptySat Mar 10, 2012 6:46 pm

I want to play New Era agaisnt someone, its really funny
If someone wants to just join GameRanger
Back to top Go down
$_ARTHAN

$_ARTHAN

Why do we bother? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Why do we bother?   Why do we bother? EmptySun Mar 11, 2012 6:25 am

I don't think TAK will die just because I left, I think that TAK will die slowly until the next decade is out. I can't just sit here and just wait for this to happen and I can't just try to improve TAK with scripting/modding since neither of these help! So, I will just visit this site once in a while to see if a new message has arrived, like I wrote above:
If someone wants to play with me a multiplayer script, a 1v1 deathmatch, or a co-op versus the AI, then he/she can simply PrivateMessage me here, in TAK community. Bye!

By the way Spagg, I would love to try the New Era online either on WarZone or GameRanger! However, do you know how to activate it?
Back to top Go down
$_Spagg

$_Spagg

Why do we bother? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Why do we bother?   Why do we bother? EmptySun Mar 11, 2012 9:53 am

Yes, I found a pretty simple way:
Method 1

I- Drag NewEra file to the root of Tak folder
II- Delete the Kingdoms.key from the Tak folder (make sure you have a copy of it)
III- Done, join GameRanger / Warzone and your Ta:K will be New Era Ta:K
Notes - It work with any mod, but the mod version must be exactly the same as the other player's, or the game will be buggy.

Or you can use Hamachi to play as we did some time ago,
Method 2

0- Download Hamachi
I- Create a network in Hamachi
II- Your friend must join this network
III- You, and your friend must launch TakSwitcher with the same mods selected
IV- Inside Tak select Multiplayer >>> (The right option)
V- Make a room
VI - Your friend shall select Multiplayer as well, and click on the IP Adress option (the eagle)
VII- In that option he must type the same IP Adress he sees in your (the host) Hamachi network (located below your (the host) name)
VIII- If it didnt work, let your friend host, and try joining, following the same steps
IX- If it still didnt work, try the method 1 which is much more simple
Back to top Go down
$_ARTHAN

$_ARTHAN

Why do we bother? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Why do we bother?   Why do we bother? EmptySun Mar 11, 2012 12:25 pm

Helpful post, Spagg, really thank you! If people like you weren't around, our community would be almost inactive. Thanks again!

By the way guys, I can see several TA:Kingdoms players logged in GameRanger, but no one bother in creating a room to play. I see several TAKers entering and leaving, but without any matches. I just wonder why no one bother in creating a room and have even a quixk match. I can't launch games as a host in GameRanger (due to port problems I think) however I create rooms and switch the host to someone else, but why I am always the guy who creates the room lately??? Just asking...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Why do we bother? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Why do we bother?   Why do we bother? Empty

Back to top Go down

Why do we bother?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
TA: Kingdoms Forums :: GENERAL :: General Chat-
Jump to: