TA: Kingdoms Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to TA: Kingdoms

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Program map editor!

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Rikeo

Rikeo

Program map editor! Empty
PostSubject: Program map editor!   Program map editor! EmptyTue Feb 05, 2013 9:01 am

I had the impression that there was another map editor!
There is another editing program maps, without the Cartographer?
Back to top Go down
DeeKay
Administrator
DeeKay

PostSubject: Re: Program map editor!   Program map editor! EmptyTue Feb 05, 2013 9:13 am

No... =)
Back to top Go down
http://alltakdownloads.6te.net/
$_ARTHAN

$_ARTHAN

PostSubject: Re: Program map editor!   Program map editor! EmptyTue Feb 05, 2013 9:21 am

The only way to edit maps the other way around, is to open them with hpi-pack and hpi-view tools, but this requires somewhat programming skills. However, this also allows to make modded maps, which is impossible within Catrographer.
Back to top Go down
Rikeo

Rikeo

PostSubject: Re: Program map editor!   Program map editor! EmptyTue Feb 05, 2013 9:30 am

Yeah ... But it's because the cartographer given problem.
And I do not want to reinstall TAK!
I installed it a lot, like maps, and many other things!
A program to edit maps would be great! But thanks for the help!
Back to top Go down
$ MalinOMW

$ MalinOMW

PostSubject: Re: Program map editor!   Program map editor! EmptyTue Feb 05, 2013 9:53 am

no way, now i know why starcraft got advantage of map making

cause there are a lot of custom editors, which make very easy making very complicated stuff

(btw if somebody making some maps for starcraft i recommend "scdraft" this got i think almost everything, also there is "sc x-tra editor" which dont have that many option as scdraft and is harder to learn in my eyes (sux more), and there are probably many mores editiors also there are programs which lock map and prevent for noob change,and programs (OSMAP) which unlock locked maps :S)

my dream would be cartographer which (but probably i am too lazy to create maps even with ?dreamest? cartographer)
-easy allow me to change unit stats (something which looks like: scenario properties, use only) but anyway game not always load (all) unit stat from map, so playing advance scripts for 4-8 players would be nightmare :S
-name triggers (sometimes its hard to rember what is the name of that blue "square")(i know u can click and see triger properties but why click)
-and many more which probably gonna be imposible even to made
Back to top Go down
$_ARTHAN

$_ARTHAN

PostSubject: Re: Program map editor!   Program map editor! EmptyTue Feb 05, 2013 10:44 am

MalinOMW wrote:
-name triggers (sometimes its hard to rember what is the name of that blue "square")(i know u can click and see triger properties but why click)

You can name your Triggers...
1) When you pace them (btw, you can drag your blue square to give the trigger the size you desire)
2) B right-cliking and selecting 'trigger properties'.

Cartographer is a very good editor (I have messed around with many level/map editors of many different games) because it may not include every feature in the world, but it still extremely easy-to-use. Furthermore, You may not be able to change unit stats directly, but if a unit is pre-placed on the map you can give it more/less armor, more/less power, more/less health, veterancy and (through the 'heal unit at area' scenario action) you can give units regeneration or even damage/per second, to put a max amount of units of a certain type that you can make/controll etc. The possibilities are mostly limited by your imagination and not the editor itself.

btw, giving regeneration to a certain unit type via the way I posted above can seriously transform a 'useless' unit to a very deadly one.

Finally, Starcraft scenarios were popular because Starcraft itself became popular, it had Blizzard's support, reviewers' support, community support etc.

TA:Kingdoms had nothing; weakened and bankrupted Cavedog, idiotic reviews, fanatical TAers dedicated to eradicate TAk's existence from this planet, weak online clients (until GameRanger's era), noob players who were unable to feel TAK's gameplay and considered it a totally broken RTS. TA:Kingdoms has tons of different units, great amount of different races and tremendous amounts of brats who think they have mastered this game without even encountering the 10% of possible combinations and strategies in it.

All the above made a deadly mixture for TAK, making it unable to grow in power and popularity. However, foreign companies were bright enough to notice the gamebreaking aspects of TAK and adopted some of them for their games. Dawn of War and Companies of Heroes have a resource system inspired by TAK's one. WC3 incuded heroes with different abilities, inspired mostly by TAK's Monarchs, and their heroes can go up to level 10, the same level of experience a unit in TAK can gain. AoM completely copied the Roc as an aerial transport and icluded bronze, silver and gold equipment on its troops, inspired by TAK's golden equipment due to veterancy. And the list can still go on...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Program map editor!   Program map editor! EmptyTue Feb 05, 2013 11:04 am

IMP_ARTHAN wrote:
TA:Kingdoms had nothing; weakened and bankrupted Cavedog, idiotic reviews, fanatical TAers dedicated to eradicate TAk's existence from this planet, weak online clients (until GameRanger's era), noob players who were unable to feel TAK's gameplay and considered it a totally broken RTS. TA:Kingdoms has tons of different units, great amount of different races and tremendous amounts of brats who think they have mastered this game without even encountering the 10% of possible combinations and strategies in it.
Program map editor! Youre-awesome
Back to top Go down
DeeKay
Administrator
DeeKay

PostSubject: Re: Program map editor!   Program map editor! EmptyTue Feb 05, 2013 11:58 am

IMP_ARTHAN wrote:
MalinOMW wrote:

You can name your Triggers...
1) When you pace them (btw, you can drag your blue square to give the trigger the size you desire)
2) B right-cliking and selecting 'trigger properties'.

I think OMW meant, to the names be visible all the time without need to click in it, like this:
Program map editor! Triigerexample

(this is just a image, not real lol) =P
Back to top Go down
$ MalinOMW

$ MalinOMW

PostSubject: Re: Program map editor!   Program map editor! EmptyTue Feb 05, 2013 12:45 pm

ya right Manolo i mean that, those empty blue "square" can looks weird ,specially if there are many of them

also regeneration unit got one bug (wisp specially)
they can give infinitve mana cause they regen faster than they die (during production, stop prodcution) they wont finish ever but they will give mana

starcraft is better cause is better :O, but TAK got better soul (starcraft its just a game/toy) and i gonna like TAK, still dunno why, probably cause of different race style (gameplay/look), that climat, and probably the strongest and most subjective argument it was one of the firsts games i played ever (first was heroes 3 xD)

P.S.
need to test more armor unit statistc maybe it can be like more health substitute
Back to top Go down
$_ARTHAN

$_ARTHAN

PostSubject: Re: Program map editor!   Program map editor! EmptyTue Feb 05, 2013 1:28 pm

MalinOMW wrote:
ya right Manolo i mean that, those empty blue "square" can looks weird ,specially if there are many of them
also regeneration unit got one bug (wisp specially)
they can give infinitve mana cause they regen faster than they die (during production, stop prodcution) they wont finish ever but they will give mana
starcraft is better cause is better :O, but TAK got better soul (starcraft its just a game/toy) and i gonna like TAK, still dunno why, probably cause of different race style (gameplay/look), that climat, and probably the strongest and most subjective argument it was one of the firsts games i played ever (first was heroes 3 xD)
P.S.
need to test more armor unit statistc maybe it can be like more health substitute

Well, yeah, having the name revealed would be neat, but now I am skilled enough not to have such problems.
Regeneration has more bugs than this, but they can be worked around with testing and practicing.
Starcraft's editor, yes it is better, but the game itself lacks TAK's versatility, soul, physics engine and awesome fantasy setting (it also lacks a few other things TAK has and can't surpass it). It is very good RTS, but TAK is just better.
Armor indeed rises up the armor of a unit. Put 1000% armor to a unit and it will be practically invincible.
Back to top Go down
$ MalinOMW

$ MalinOMW

PostSubject: Re: Program map editor!   Program map editor! EmptyTue Feb 05, 2013 1:33 pm

IMP_ARTHAN wrote:
blablabla(...)

Put 1000% armor to a unit and it will be practically invincible.

i like my blabla (xD)

i think unit become something like 10x more health, but not they got same price repair and cost/time etc (so nvm)
better to say they get 10x less dmg

but one thing i just got in head, how about veteran units 10 level (gold) they got same price to repair?, so they have more armor not more health

Edit
i love how topics evolve in this forum, topic>something about topic +offtop>total offtop
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Program map editor!   Program map editor! EmptyTue Feb 05, 2013 2:15 pm

repair takes as long as buildtime, and costs as much as buildcost (buildcost/buildtime = mana persecond is also used for calculating repair cost)

they have more maxdamage, armor doesnt exist. lvl 10 unit has 100% more maxdamage, but maxdamage isnt considered in the repair
Back to top Go down
$ MalinOMW

$ MalinOMW

PostSubject: Re: Program map editor!   Program map editor! EmptyTue Feb 05, 2013 2:45 pm

aaaaaaaa
da-mn buildcost isnt changed, just effective health/mana by levels yaya

but anyway having more maxdamage = having some proper armor aura,
Back to top Go down
DeeKay
Administrator
DeeKay

PostSubject: Re: Program map editor!   Program map editor! EmptyTue Feb 05, 2013 2:46 pm

player1 wrote:
repair takes as long as buildtime, and costs as much as buildcost (buildcost/buildtime = mana persecond is also used for calculating repair cost)

they have more maxdamage, armor doesnt exist. lvl 10 unit has 100% more maxdamage, but maxdamage isnt considered in the repair

Same thing for a gate with 10kk of titans, the maxdamage is increased, but you still pay the same price/time to heal the gate.

Btw, I don't know if titans increase armor or health. Maybe health, because armor, in this case should be more specific, like, armor vs magic, armor vs archers (buildings)... But, idk, maybe it is declared in damagetype. (not armor) Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Program map editor!   Program map editor! EmptyTue Feb 05, 2013 3:46 pm

Armor = temporary change in maxdamage. 1.2 of armor is 20% more maxdamage temporarely.

Take 1000 of maxdamage. Then it becomes 1200. Now suppose it's damaged from 1200 to 800. If you lose the armor it becomes 667 of maxdamage.

Percents..
Back to top Go down
DeeKay
Administrator
DeeKay

PostSubject: Re: Program map editor!   Program map editor! EmptyMon Dec 23, 2013 5:59 pm

Topic moved to Support Forum, Questions & Help Requests Section.

Solved, so Locked. (Yeah, OMW, the owner starts with a little question about the cartographer and now finished talking about armor, just wtf I don't know how to moderate this, but I will count as a Question of the owner.)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Program map editor!   Program map editor! Empty

Back to top Go down

Program map editor!
Page 1 of 1