TA: Kingdoms Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to TA: Kingdoms

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

TA:K revival :)

Go down 
+4
Bardan
A-train-DB
DeeKay
Rachy-DB
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Rachy-DB

Rachy-DB

TA:K revival :) Empty
PostSubject: TA:K revival :)   TA:K revival :) EmptyWed Jul 03, 2013 3:32 pm

TA:K revival :) Tak_ov12

Well Facebook seems to be going well and drawing more people in. Hopefully this will continue and we get some more players back. Please everyone try to be friendly and helpful towards new and old returning players. It would be great to have a thriving TA:K community Smile If anyone who reads this has not yet added the Total Annihilation: Kingdoms page on Facebook please can you do so. Each time someone comments on or likes a post it goes into more peoples news feeds and ups the amount of people that see it. So get commenting on photos and if anyone else has any more ideas on how to boost the TA:K population then please let me know Smile thank you muchly Smile Rachy xxx
Back to top Go down
DeeKay
Administrator
DeeKay

PostSubject: Re: TA:K revival :)   TA:K revival :) EmptyWed Jul 03, 2013 5:51 pm

Yey, I will work hard these days to help TA:K going on!!! You can call me a Support Team. I will help everyone who needs. If someone want to help me, I would be very grateful. Wink

Come on Guys, Long Live TA:K!!! I would like to be adm in the Ta:K page ;x

btw that's how my site is going: TA:K revival :) S79p (I think it is fine.)
No, it doesn't count my own visits. ¬¬

//More 400 views before my account was reseted, and more 2500 views on my topic (yes it's 3500, but OMW spammed clicking 200 times and counting my views...).
Back to top Go down
http://alltakdownloads.6te.net/
A-train-DB

A-train-DB

PostSubject: Re: TA:K revival :)   TA:K revival :) EmptyWed Jul 03, 2013 9:24 pm

The return of the A-train and a steady influx of players over the past 6 months.. coincidence?  Idea  Hmmmm.  geek
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: TA:K revival :)   TA:K revival :) EmptyWed Jul 03, 2013 9:34 pm

We think not!!!
Back to top Go down
A-train-DB

A-train-DB

PostSubject: Re: TA:K revival :)   TA:K revival :) EmptyWed Jul 03, 2013 9:38 pm

Haha!.. and I thought it would rain in hell the day you got facebook!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: TA:K revival :)   TA:K revival :) EmptyWed Jul 03, 2013 9:44 pm

I, The Great Satan, have decided to make my presence known to the world... through Facebook!!!

Now time for me to make a rootbeer float and play TAK!!
Back to top Go down
Bardan

Bardan

PostSubject: Re: TA:K revival :)   TA:K revival :) EmptyWed Jul 03, 2013 10:44 pm

I, unfortunately, have been arm-twisted into going to the beach. Again. I don't get the \"****\" fascination. I mean, its where dirt meets water. But alas, all I have is my iPad. Which is probably a good thing, really, since I need to study for my midterm. Still... I could probably have worked in a good game or two around studying.
Back to top Go down
$ MalinOMW

$ MalinOMW

PostSubject: Re: TA:K revival :)   TA:K revival :) EmptyThu Jul 04, 2013 9:24 am

DK-Manolo wrote:
...blalba... but OMW spammed clicking 200 times and counting my views..bla.).

oh come on it was mouse error it was only 100-200 times ;/
Back to top Go down
Clay4141

Clay4141

PostSubject: Re: TA:K revival :)   TA:K revival :) EmptyMon Jul 08, 2013 12:42 pm

So uhhhh what times do people actually play? I logged on yesterday briefly but I haven't had time to test. Appeared to be two seperte games open, 2 and 8 man.

I absolutely know I will suck at this game... but I'll come play a few with anyone who will have me.
Back to top Go down
Rachy-DB

Rachy-DB

PostSubject: Re: TA:K revival :)   TA:K revival :) EmptyMon Jul 08, 2013 12:46 pm

I'm usually on between 7-11pm week days and can always get a game then. I'm from England and am 5-8 hours in front of USA. Also on my days off I can usually get a game any time as well so.. Come when you like and we can test or play Smile xx
Back to top Go down
$ MalinOMW

$ MalinOMW

PostSubject: Re: TA:K revival :)   TA:K revival :) EmptyMon Jul 08, 2013 1:33 pm

Rachy-DB wrote:
{blabla} I'm from England and am 5-8 hours in front of USA. {blabla}

we(Europe) are not in front, they are just too late Very Happy (they(SA/NA) got lags/high ping with even sun LMAO)

about games, it always depends on luck
but what i feel the biggest chance for games are between 18:00-05:00 (European UTC something time +/-)
Back to top Go down
A-train-DB

A-train-DB

PostSubject: Re: TA:K revival :)   TA:K revival :) EmptyMon Jul 08, 2013 6:59 pm

Oh, so you do know the time difference from your time to mine, Rachy.  I could have sworn you never knew the difference.  tongue
Back to top Go down
__Best Ever____

__Best Ever____

PostSubject: Re: TA:K revival :)   TA:K revival :) EmptyWed Jul 10, 2013 10:44 pm

I wouldn't say revival because you can't revive something that's always been dead lol, maybe the term "recycling"? but let me not start a discussion =D Well it is july now, it always gets better. And I got on right now and there are 8 guys playing in a room, it is wednesday, a few are smurfs as usual but that's already quite something.

But yea luck is one in many factors... but I guess 1st Emperor Sokka's efforts have flourished at last Very Happy

clay wrote:
I absolutely know I will suck at this game...
somethings never change do they Razz
Back to top Go down
http://www.gameranger.com
A-train-DB

A-train-DB

PostSubject: Re: TA:K revival :)   TA:K revival :) EmptyWed Jul 10, 2013 11:07 pm

Who were the smurfs?  Was it NOAT or Kirenna?.. Because the other six of us are older players. 

**edit** Sorry for being blunt, because I can see how you think that they are smurfs.  But Axl, Robert, and yes, Braveheart are older players.  Braveheart helped out in founding the UK clan with Manxie, The Boss and Legend.  I was recruited into UK by Braveheart.. and Manxie, the leader, said "yes."  It's great, in my opinion to have these guys back!

Total Annihilation: Kingdoms very much is making a comeback.
Back to top Go down
A-train-DB

A-train-DB

PostSubject: Re: TA:K revival :)   TA:K revival :) EmptyWed Jul 10, 2013 11:55 pm

Yes, I knew Kirenna is B2K_Luck.  I figured it out pretty quick.. the way he talks, his skill and last but not least.. his name change on my friend's list haha.  I told X and Double who he is, but not sure if Rachy figured it out before me. 

It would of course be pretty cool for a TA:K 2.  But I don't think it will happen.  We have to go with what we got.. or?.. advertise like Rachy does to get many players to come back.  We, in DB, also have some other ideas to bring in players which is still just an idea worth brainstorming.  So, there is not much point in saying what it is just yet in how were going to try to bring even more players to TA:K since it's not yet set in stone.

Last edited by A-train-DB on Wed Jul 10, 2013 11:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
__Best Ever____

__Best Ever____

PostSubject: Re: TA:K revival :)   TA:K revival :) EmptyWed Jul 10, 2013 11:59 pm

People probably know he's Luck, it's on the same account. He's not the only changing names anyway.

Yea it's cool to go and spread the word about TAK and stuff... just saying it's a thousand times more complex than that to make this game "alive".

And by the way Luck's inclusion in b2k was a mistake, he was actually never in b2k - but that's also beyond this thread.
Back to top Go down
A-train-DB

A-train-DB

PostSubject: Re: TA:K revival :)   TA:K revival :) EmptyThu Jul 11, 2013 12:08 am

Haha.  Sage, is Luck being in KD a mistake too?  Luck is quite the rascal.

Any-who, you're absolutely right in referring to this game as not "alive."  Compare this game to other games, and there is no comparison.  But, back in the day, whether or not you want to believe it, TA:K was alive.  Just another "B List" game.  There actually was thousands who played this game.. even if it was - oh say, 4,500 players meaning IP addresses.. That's not too shabby.  I absolutely love the fact that this game is regrouping.  I hope you do too!  I happen to be busy at work and have no patience to even think of losing a game, (Garacaius forbid) so I haven't been playing as often.  But when I do get very active again, it will be absolutely awesome to see more players back as we can all get into a game much easier.

Last edited by A-train-DB on Thu Jul 11, 2013 10:03 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
A-train-DB

A-train-DB

PostSubject: Re: TA:K revival :)   TA:K revival :) EmptyThu Jul 11, 2013 10:11 am

What I meant was; say (just a number I made up from a hunch) 4,500 players all-time is enough to enjoy this game and call it "alive."  I also said this is pretty much a "B-list" game because comparing it to other RTS's 4,500 players is a small fraction of what those other games receive. 

"Garacaius forbid" is just one of my original expressions.  I am not very religious, but God forbid not many people but those around here, would know about "God forbid."  Hehe.
Back to top Go down
Tarosking-DB

PostSubject: Re: TA:K revival :)   TA:K revival :) EmptyThu Jul 11, 2013 12:16 pm

Oh for heavens sake.

Cwidt?
Back to top Go down
__Best Ever____

__Best Ever____

PostSubject: Re: TA:K revival :)   TA:K revival :) EmptyThu Jul 11, 2013 12:21 pm

Ok, you mean 4,5k total of online players? not all at a time, obviously. I don't know, there are people who will get online and play anyone, so if you have hundreds that's enough. But there are people who just play 3v3, 4v4, pick opponents. etc. imho enjoying the game can be done in many ways.

PS: one more thing about luck. It makes as much difference in TAK as in getting games, you don't really have to win needing luck, as you don't really need luck to play. Luck is something related to what you don't understand, when you understand what happens then luck hardly ever plays a role.

Update: Well half of my posts have been deleted because of someone's ego, I know that he won't stop pushing the red button uncontrollably doing unjustfied censure. The only thing I'm gonna repeat now is, this is a game of 1999, it's hard to find someone who's not old player. Most of the smurfs are old players. The volume of players now hasn't rly changed, it's just that people were hiding less, and smurfing more.

Last edited by Landherr on Fri Aug 30, 2013 11:57 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: TA:K revival :)   TA:K revival :) EmptyThu Jul 11, 2013 12:23 pm

I think everyone is doing a fantastic job. I havent seen this volume of players in years.
Back to top Go down
Rachy-DB

Rachy-DB

PostSubject: Re: TA:K revival :)   TA:K revival :) EmptySat Jul 13, 2013 3:22 am

Lol TK Smile
Back to top Go down
A-train-DB

A-train-DB

PostSubject: Re: TA:K revival :)   TA:K revival :) EmptySun Jul 14, 2013 2:28 pm

I've got the "Luck" of the Irish.  alien
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: TA:K revival :)   TA:K revival :) Empty

Back to top Go down

TA:K revival :)
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
TA: Kingdoms Forums :: GENERAL :: General Chat-
Jump to: