TA: Kingdoms Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to TA: Kingdoms

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Gog.com is Selling Tak with 4.0bb

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Sage
Lead Designer of The New Era Expansion Project
Sage

Gog.com is Selling Tak with 4.0bb   Empty
PostSubject: Gog.com is Selling Tak with 4.0bb    Gog.com is Selling Tak with 4.0bb   EmptyWed Jul 17, 2013 5:01 pm

Check my post in Ta Universe:
http://www.tauniverse.com/forum/showthread.php?t=43610
Back to top Go down
https://takuniverse.webs.com/

PostSubject: Re: Gog.com is Selling Tak with 4.0bb    Gog.com is Selling Tak with 4.0bb   EmptyWed Jul 17, 2013 9:52 pm

Ok so I read through all of it. I think the mods are flipping out for no good reason. Sure, they have some legal standing, but the fact that they are using Axls and pocketgeeks patch is something to look at as well.

In my opinion (I try to be a realist), Atari could give two shits about this game. There's so much pirating and freeware going around the internet now a days it's virtually impossible to track it all. And what would Atari do if they found out Gog.com was selling TAK, and we were distributing it freely?

They wouldn't do a \"****\" thing because it would cost them more money in attorney/court fees then they would actually make off of selling this game. That's the reality of it.
Back to top Go down
Rachy-DB

Rachy-DB

PostSubject: Re: Gog.com is Selling Tak with 4.0bb    Gog.com is Selling Tak with 4.0bb   EmptyThu Jul 18, 2013 3:50 pm

My fish are sooo beautiful
Back to top Go down
Lord chris

Lord chris

PostSubject: Re: Gog.com is Selling Tak with 4.0bb    Gog.com is Selling Tak with 4.0bb   EmptyFri Jul 19, 2013 4:54 pm

lol rachys randomness but double is right this game as awsome as it is its better being in public domain since its communty is small and almost no one has heard of it in the rest of the gaming world more poeple have heard of TA than TA:K so basicly Doubles right about almost everything
Back to top Go down
$ MalinOMW

$ MalinOMW

PostSubject: Re: Gog.com is Selling Tak with 4.0bb    Gog.com is Selling Tak with 4.0bb   EmptyFri Jul 19, 2013 5:59 pm

I think double were talking about someting "nearly" other(nvm),
Ta:k community isn't small (its exists xD) many games which I played "disaapear total" (ancient conquest, blood and magic, re-volt(probably have community but its still smaller than TA:K, but that game its something really good small car race game))

back to the topic
i think that anyway gog.com for sure have "some aggrement" with atari about selling TA:K, (that would be to risky without any agreement etc), but atari also give a "shi-t" about that what version/type/mode game gog.com sell, anyway its good that in 4.0 version, than in 1.0 original.

P.S.
In Polish magazine (CD-action, which is/was "poorly" related with cd-project, which is pretty same as cd-projekt RED(which is host of gog.com LOL)),
so they release TA:K in 2008 april, in 1.0 version ;/ , which is full of bugs, use many system sources (as for game 1999) and have many other things which annoy much,
so i am happy that gog.com use something actuall version, which is even playable by gameranger
Back to top Go down
Sage
Lead Designer of The New Era Expansion Project
Sage

PostSubject: Re: Gog.com is Selling Tak with 4.0bb    Gog.com is Selling Tak with 4.0bb   EmptyFri Jul 19, 2013 10:22 pm

That's right, tak's community is big! more than 800 followers on facebook. What do you know about that? Razz
Back to top Go down
https://takuniverse.webs.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Gog.com is Selling Tak with 4.0bb    Gog.com is Selling Tak with 4.0bb   Empty

Back to top Go down

Gog.com is Selling Tak with 4.0bb
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
TA: Kingdoms Forums :: GENERAL :: General Chat-
Jump to: