TA: Kingdoms Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to TA: Kingdoms

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Fallen Angel 2nd atack, dark priest 3rd, useless?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
$ MalinOMW

$ MalinOMW

Fallen Angel 2nd atack, dark priest 3rd, useless? Empty
PostSubject: Fallen Angel 2nd atack, dark priest 3rd, useless?   Fallen Angel 2nd atack, dark priest 3rd, useless? EmptyThu Jul 18, 2013 12:38 pm

somebody used with succes or sense 2nd atack fallen angel?

On original TA:K (without Crusade Balance) it had 6000 damage (3k for factory and monarch), it had also ! 1500 ! range, but it cost whole mana (same as 3rd spell)

On Crusade Balance its just regular atack much worse than 2nd fire mage, 987dmg, 600 range, 20% mana cost.

Is it the most useless atack?
i would say same also about 3rd dark priest, but it never was good (or better in almost any situation than 2nd atack), so i won't even describe it more

(Obvious knowledge*, did you know, that Veruna and Zhon don't have any units with switch abbility weapons, ofcourse with exception for monarch and holy dragon, and Zhon don't have any units with more than 1 weapon (exception mon, dragon ofc) (in veruna dirgible have 3 weapons)

*PROBABLY everybody knows, but no one even think about that xD
Back to top Go down
Lord chris

Lord chris

PostSubject: Re: Fallen Angel 2nd atack, dark priest 3rd, useless?   Fallen Angel 2nd atack, dark priest 3rd, useless? EmptyThu Jul 18, 2013 1:42 pm

yeah i noticed but veruna mostly focused on water and zhon was never a heavly based magic race both zhon and veruna arnt very heavly magic based and creon uses science just incase someone going to say so does creon
Back to top Go down
Rachy-DB

Rachy-DB

PostSubject: Re: Fallen Angel 2nd atack, dark priest 3rd, useless?   Fallen Angel 2nd atack, dark priest 3rd, useless? EmptyThu Jul 18, 2013 3:46 pm

I have only ever used it if I have already done the third attack and it is in a base that it won't escape from. perhaps to finish off a treb etc..

Other uses could be if a Mon was low health and trying to get away you could use the FA as a last attempt unit.

Possibly could be used to patrol base on defensive to kill Birds/Rocs

Not sure what else it could be used for because costs so much to build, it's only worth the mana when it can take out units that are pushing you hard or enough units that add up to more than the cost of building it.

Any other ideas?
Back to top Go down
$ MalinOMW

$ MalinOMW

PostSubject: Re: Fallen Angel 2nd atack, dark priest 3rd, useless?   Fallen Angel 2nd atack, dark priest 3rd, useless? EmptyThu Jul 18, 2013 5:21 pm

but it still small damage 980
fire mage 2nd have 800, and huge range
anyway comparing 1st, 2nd and 3rd atack, in FA, 2nd seems the most useless

IMO, to kill roc better use 1st atack,
2nd atack also isn't super precision type atack to kill birds (its guided type, but not in the same "level" as mage archer (its something guided as centaur) ) ,
also exping FA by killing birds its pretty useless (FA need little more expirience than dragon to upgrade, but upgrade dragon is much more important/effective than FA)
to kill mon or holy dragon, hmm desperate situation, which hardly happens on that late fallen angel era time*, (to killing mon still 3rd looks better (but can hurt something near) )
ok so for killing holy dragon it can be good

*i mean that when fallen angel come** to play, usually monarchs are useless(sit in base), but not always thats true (dropping on team match, or thirsha which can annoy enemy for whole game)

**latest type unit anyway

Edit
anyway what i mean, that always better tools are available than 2nd FA atack,
Back to top Go down
Lord chris

Lord chris

PostSubject: Re: Fallen Angel 2nd atack, dark priest 3rd, useless?   Fallen Angel 2nd atack, dark priest 3rd, useless? EmptyFri Jul 19, 2013 4:34 pm

well FAs are mostly for killing off tons of units basicly like flying weather witchwith fire balls the 2nd attack is only use ful for killing off injured units that are important to the enemy ie weakened fire mage (even though the 1st attack can insta kill most units with 1 hit regardless of there teir) and fire mages 2nd attack act like better fire demons if you have alot but most poeple just make 5 FMs at the most so that could be a waste XD tons of FMs usen 2nd attack turn the swing of most battles
Back to top Go down
$_ARTHAN

$_ARTHAN

PostSubject: Re: Fallen Angel 2nd atack, dark priest 3rd, useless?   Fallen Angel 2nd atack, dark priest 3rd, useless? EmptySat Jul 20, 2013 2:00 am

3rd attack of Dark Priest is semi-homing and can be fast & devastating in big numbers against mons and other tough units.

1st attack of Dark Angel is good but, as far as I know, it takes a loooong time to reload and attack and I am not sure it can hit aerial units. On the other hand, 2nd attack of angel hits both air & ground units and it can deal a steady amount of damage.
Back to top Go down
$ MalinOMW

$ MalinOMW

PostSubject: Re: Fallen Angel 2nd atack, dark priest 3rd, useless?   Fallen Angel 2nd atack, dark priest 3rd, useless? EmptySat Jul 20, 2013 4:22 am

come one 987 damage its only little above 1,5 firedemon, + fact that atack is very poor precision one (even its guided type), +its don't have any AoE
1st atack works against Air (it's not work against dirgibles, aerial juggeranaut, and mons, gods)

2nd dark priest is much better than 3rd (lower mana price, bigger damage (same reload time but damage of 2nd is bigger and DPS is also bigger) )
3rd dark priest have only bigger AoE (2nd have 50, 3rd have 100), and bigger velocity, so this can be good against massive zhon drake/gryphs atack (same as rictus)
Back to top Go down
Lord chris

Lord chris

PostSubject: Re: Fallen Angel 2nd atack, dark priest 3rd, useless?   Fallen Angel 2nd atack, dark priest 3rd, useless? EmptySat Jul 20, 2013 5:17 am

$_ARTHAN wrote:
3rd attack of Dark Priest is semi-homing and can be fast & devastating in big numbers against mons and other tough units.

1st attack of Dark Angel is good but, as far as I know, it takes a loooong time to reload and attack and I am not sure it can hit aerial units. On the other hand, 2nd attack of angel hits both air & ground units and it can deal a steady amount of damage.

it hits air and land and swimming units it doent hit undead, mechinacal, ships and mons
Back to top Go down
$_ARTHAN

$_ARTHAN

PostSubject: Re: Fallen Angel 2nd atack, dark priest 3rd, useless?   Fallen Angel 2nd atack, dark priest 3rd, useless? EmptySun Jul 21, 2013 4:48 am

I could swear than, in action, 3rd attack of Dark Priest deals more damage than 2nd one.

EDIT:

Ok, I made a scripted map and played it single player to test some things out.
According to my tests, the 3rd attack of Dark Priest is not usually as useful as 2nd one, however it has the following advantage; speed. It is one of the fastest ammunitions in the game and if you wish to strike something that moves quickly or to kill something fast and retreat, then this attack is for you. Of course, in Dark Priest packs it works much better. Also, it seems it is as homing as the 3nd attack, no more, no less. Finally, it seems that its area of effect helps it to deal about the same damage on buildings that the 2nd attack deals, however it is usually better to use two 2nd attacks rather than a single 3rd one, except if speed matters.
About Fallen Angel's 2nd attack, it is very strong and extremely fast. Sure, most of the time you need a single Fallen Angel with a charged 3rd attack, but in Fallen Angel packs the 2nd attack rocks. Of course, it is not like you will have the time to make 10 or more Fallen Angels at a multiplayer game, but the 2nd attack still has its uses due to its speed and its ability to harm even units that can't be harmed by 1st attack.

As a conclusion, I think the unit that suffers more from various forms of attack is the Weather Witch (lolz!). Her clumsy nature as well as her low health makes both 1st and 2nd attack quite unreliable, let alone her 1st attack is random too.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fallen Angel 2nd atack, dark priest 3rd, useless?   Fallen Angel 2nd atack, dark priest 3rd, useless? Empty

Back to top Go down

Fallen Angel 2nd atack, dark priest 3rd, useless?
Page 1 of 1