TA: Kingdoms Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to TA: Kingdoms

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Question regarding GoG

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Leroy Peterson

Leroy Peterson

Question regarding GoG Empty
PostSubject: Question regarding GoG   Question regarding GoG EmptyWed Jan 13, 2016 9:28 pm

Fellas, been a while. I used to play on GameRanger for a bit years ago.

I do plan to return to this game at some point this year (I have an itching to beat every mission PROPERLY), and also feel a bit guilty than I never had an official retail copy of this game.

Its not a surprise that TA:K is available on GoG (http://www.gog.com/game/total_annihilation_kingdoms), but its interesting that the developer/publisher is listed as Cavedog & Wargaming.net. I didnt know wargaming.net bought the TA franchise off Atari in 2013...

Is it fair to assume that the GoG version is just vanilla 1.0 + expansion with a modified executable file (for no CD check)?
Does anyone know if it plays well with unofficial patches & TA:K Switcher?
Does anyone know if the movies works in this version (without the need to move files around)?

I have multiple copies of the game floating around on my backup hard-drive and its a bit of a mess of different versions of the game & mods/map-packs. So I want to start from fresh, but also gameranger friendly.
Back to top Go down
DeeKay
Administrator
DeeKay

PostSubject: Re: Question regarding GoG   Question regarding GoG EmptyWed Jan 13, 2016 10:14 pm

Hello Leroy, thanks for coming back. I don't know much about GOG Version, I only know it's 4.0bb version and you can't select Creon in multiplayer. (at least in GameRanger) Also you'll always have to set it to 500 units because it starts in 150 units everytime in room. In short, I only know its bads. hehe

One good version is the one I made. It's free Razz It's at http://alltakdownloads.6te.net/, under Downloads, Setups. It has a clean TA:K 4.1bb version with an option to add a NoCD Shortcut. Very Happy I made a video for it https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QXm1diGC600. My site has a lot of downloads too. If you have something that isn't there, share with us! ^^
Back to top Go down
http://alltakdownloads.6te.net/
Leroy Peterson

Leroy Peterson

PostSubject: Re: Question regarding GoG   Question regarding GoG EmptyThu Jan 14, 2016 6:19 pm

Thanks DeeKay. Yeah I know there are lots of handy information and downloads on your website, I certainly appreciate it.

Maybe if Wargame.net see how many copies sell of TA:K on GoG they might be persuaded to do a remake/reboot of it instead of a TA sequel...
Back to top Go down
Leroy Peterson

Leroy Peterson

PostSubject: Re: Question regarding GoG   Question regarding GoG EmptyMon Jan 18, 2016 4:51 pm

Just downloading the game now...

Which mods are worthwhile?
- Obviously TAK Switcher
- Pathfinding patch
- New Era? is it close to finished? :p

Edit: I've followed your instructions for getting the movies to work, but I can only hear audio. No video. I've tried the different renderers. Any suggestions?
Edit: ive got 3 choices for rendering and video works on Software MMX. I'll change it back to DirectX after the campaign.
Back to top Go down
DeeKay
Administrator
DeeKay

PostSubject: Re: Question regarding GoG   Question regarding GoG EmptyMon Jan 18, 2016 6:50 pm

Mods? I like Conflict of Arda (Lord of the Rings) Mod, I even made a 2.0 version of it, with LOTR music support. =)
Pathfinding is a lie, doesn't work for TA:K, only for TA.
Back to top Go down
Vhaerun

Vhaerun

PostSubject: Re: Question regarding GoG   Question regarding GoG EmptyWed Jan 20, 2016 6:16 pm

The pathfinding is there, just do not what offset to look for. However, after researching some forums, TA uses "AISearchMapEntries" which is used in the pathfinding file and "AISearch touched mapentries" is in the TA.exe. After perusing the icd, I also found "AISearch touched mapentries". I also noticed when the pathfind.cfg is applied to the *.icd file, the game crashes. But, if the patch is applied to the icd when it is renamed to kingdomsa.exe, and the game is launched from kingdomsa.exe, no crash. However, I have not tested to see if the patch worked on the pathfinding. So what we have to find is an entry called pathfind_cycles and from what I have seen at the other forums, that entry shows during gameplay or in dev mode?
Back to top Go down
DeeKay
Administrator
DeeKay

PostSubject: Re: Question regarding GoG   Question regarding GoG EmptyWed Jan 20, 2016 8:55 pm

Yes, Vhaerun, sorry, I know there is a way to change the pathfinding. I was reffering to the Pathfinding fix that they used for TA, and then wanted to use for TA:K. It doesn't work for the reason Vhaerun already said, the offset doesn't fit.

Vhaerun wrote:
So what we have to find is an entry called pathfind_cycles and from what I have seen at the other forums, that entry shows during gameplay or in dev mode?

This entry is located in the Assembly code of TA, I've already searched it in TA:K but no success, it has no names, so we would have to search it under memory adresses and assembly codes that I'm not so familiar with. Razz
Back to top Go down
Leroy Peterson

Leroy Peterson

PostSubject: Re: Question regarding GoG   Question regarding GoG EmptyThu Jan 21, 2016 5:04 pm

DeeKay wrote:
Pathfinding is a lie, doesn't work for TA:K, only for TA.
so why is it on your website under the mods page? maybe best to be removed until someone knows how to get it working.
Back to top Go down
DeeKay
Administrator
DeeKay

PostSubject: Re: Question regarding GoG   Question regarding GoG EmptyThu Jan 21, 2016 9:32 pm

:O Because I used to believe it worked too and didn't remove it yet, thanks... ^^
Back to top Go down
Leroy Peterson

Leroy Peterson

PostSubject: Re: Question regarding GoG   Question regarding GoG EmptySun Jan 24, 2016 1:28 am

I bought the GOG version today because its very cheap at the moment. All the videos work straight out of the box, can play Creon in skirmish (havent tried Game Ranger). I havent been able to Choose Renderer because it screws the resolution up and you cant see the window, I had to force restart.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Question regarding GoG   Question regarding GoG Empty

Back to top Go down

Question regarding GoG
Page 1 of 1