TA: Kingdoms Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to TA: Kingdoms

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New windows 10 computer, having strange issues trying to get TAK working

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
APM

New windows 10 computer, having strange issues trying to get TAK working Empty
PostSubject: New windows 10 computer, having strange issues trying to get TAK working   New windows 10 computer, having strange issues trying to get TAK working EmptyMon Dec 12, 2016 7:29 pm

Hi there, Im looking to get back into playing kingdoms again, but Im having trouble getting it working on my new gaming PC. Its seems no matter what I do I cant figure it out. I downloaded the full dl from DKs site. Installed it. Changed renderer to software, I create a play the machine skirmish, and the User interface is missing :

https://imgur.com/G542h4p

Previously before I reinstalled, the map was missing:
https://imgur.com/a/sj1mX

weird huh?, and a real shame too, because I really love this game.
Hope someone can help,
best wishes.

My PC:
http://speccy.piriform.com/results/4ooSQgB80zJYSE2YASOJ5oC
Back to top Go down
$_Spagg

$_Spagg

PostSubject: Re: New windows 10 computer, having strange issues trying to get TAK working   New windows 10 computer, having strange issues trying to get TAK working EmptyTue Dec 13, 2016 8:21 am

Does this still happen on hardware rendering?
Hardware rendering looks better and lets you enable hardware cursor so it would it's better anyway
Maybe try installing DirectX 9 or some older direct x version
Back to top Go down
DeeKay
Administrator
DeeKay

PostSubject: Re: New windows 10 computer, having strange issues trying to get TAK working   New windows 10 computer, having strange issues trying to get TAK working EmptyTue Dec 13, 2016 8:36 am

Lmao, before you got interface but no game, now you have no interface but the game. Nice. That's weird as \"****\'...
Back to top Go down
http://alltakdownloads.6te.net/
APM

PostSubject: Re: New windows 10 computer, having strange issues trying to get TAK working   New windows 10 computer, having strange issues trying to get TAK working EmptyTue Dec 13, 2016 5:07 pm

Ok, I think I did something and now its working OK. Only problem I have now is there is audio crackling/stuttering. Does anyone else get that?
Back to top Go down
$_Spagg

$_Spagg

PostSubject: Re: New windows 10 computer, having strange issues trying to get TAK working   New windows 10 computer, having strange issues trying to get TAK working EmptyWed Dec 14, 2016 2:45 pm

Not me, the only thing I get in windows 10 is horrible lag (dxwnd.exe lessens the lag but puts a lot of stress on the computer)
Back to top Go down
XaldonAjide

XaldonAjide

PostSubject: Re: New windows 10 computer, having strange issues trying to get TAK working   New windows 10 computer, having strange issues trying to get TAK working EmptyFri Aug 23, 2019 3:59 am

Found another error/solution if your running windows 10 with two monitors kingdoms will load up then forcibly run in the background don't know the exact problem but the solution I've found is turning off the second monitor and disconnecting it before restarting windows, this should allow you to play kingdoms as before.

<^,=,^>
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New windows 10 computer, having strange issues trying to get TAK working   New windows 10 computer, having strange issues trying to get TAK working Empty

Back to top Go down

New windows 10 computer, having strange issues trying to get TAK working
Page 1 of 1