TA: Kingdoms Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to TA: Kingdoms

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Abyss

Go down 
+4
angel3b
$_ARTHAN
TF-Lord-hawk-claw
Clay4141
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

Abyss Empty
PostSubject: Abyss   Abyss EmptyFri Mar 19, 2010 12:23 am

Dark Hands

Some people may have some crafty strategies or uses for them, but they blow. don't make them, period.

Skeleton Archers

Only good against Tier 1 units and Thirsha, in which cases you could bide your time for a more useful Temple. Only make these under the extreme, low cost maps and circumstances.

Fire Demons

A newbie favorite. The have a tracking ability and decent damage, however they have a slow reload rate. They are very useful on high mana maps where you can afford ghost ships to scout and pick of cannons one by one. I, unfortunately, do not play maps that require such a lack of abundance for skill. Even if I did, they would definitely not be my first choice due to their high mana cost and low effectiveness in small groups. High mana, high numbers, high effectiveness. That is all.

Rictus

I, personally, find this to be an awesome unit and the second reason to make an Abyss, behind a witch of course. They can shoot over walls and berms at a certain range (this is broken and needs to be fixed). Pound for pound they are the second most dominating unit in the water, behind the Man of War, Do not use them out of water, they are slow, vulnerable, and cannot track units.

Weather Witch

The Witch is my most favorite broken units. The Hail Storm damage amounts to the Acolyte's in terms of numbers, except for the casting time. The Lightning Bolt attack amounts to a mobile Mage Tower (which, unfortunately, is rarely used), and the Tornado just completely wrecks bases - except units. the storm has a bonus damage attached when hitting stationary structures (someone correct me?). Unfortunately, the Tornado is random as to it's vicinity and what it damages. It knows no friend or foe. I generally drop a few Witches in a base and hail storm a specific target... and if I have the time, I cast Tornado on that particular area and just annihilate the base and everything along with it including my Witches. In my top 2 favorite units, of course, behind the prestigious Fire Mage.
Back to top Go down
Clay4141

Clay4141

Abyss Empty
PostSubject: Re: Abyss   Abyss EmptyFri Mar 19, 2010 1:04 am

Rictus' have a damage bonus against fort and factories. I will double check on this to see how much. But I know they do more damage against buildings, defenses, and gates! I agree to not use them out of water... unless you have units to provide defense.
A good scenerio to use a rictus would be a map where your opponent built his or her base near water, that they just left unprotected because they thought taros doesnt have many water units!

Another taros unit built by the abyss is the Iron Beak. I dont use them often, but they drop "Egg Bombs." I have seen them work in groups of 5 best. Or combined with sky knights and gargoyles. Sky Knights for offensive help, and Gargoyles as mini meat sheilds to take an arrow or two.

DarkHands have the unique ability to resurrect Liches. Dark hands also have an area attack. Personally if you want Liches but dont want to make a temple or cannot yet.. Make a DarkHand and use him wisely... Otherwise, screw it like hate said.
Back to top Go down

Abyss Empty
PostSubject: Re: Abyss   Abyss EmptyFri Mar 19, 2010 11:08 am

The Iron Beak also does double damage to buildings. I can't count how many times I've played Angvir's Maze or Canal Walls and used a small flock to fly around and decimate lodestones. Considering your circumstances, they are a top notch unit in terms of airborne artillery.

Another cool thing about the Dark Hand, if you decide to use it, is when they resurrect the Liches they are at full health, no healing required.
Back to top Go down
Clay4141

Clay4141

Abyss Empty
PostSubject: Re: Abyss   Abyss EmptyMon Mar 22, 2010 5:48 am

CaptSavage mentioned this today, and I will give him the credit, because I did test it out and it is true. Rictus' wreck monarchs. They have that fast reloadtime and no negative damage modifiers vs monarchs. This makes them very dangerous to monarchs. They also destroy gates very well!
Back to top Go down
TF-Lord-hawk-claw

TF-Lord-hawk-claw

Abyss Empty
PostSubject: Re: Abyss   Abyss EmptyTue Mar 23, 2010 6:29 pm

dude these lil informational things are great
Back to top Go down
$_ARTHAN

$_ARTHAN

Abyss Empty
PostSubject: Re: Abyss   Abyss EmptyWed Mar 16, 2011 10:29 am

Guys, the units which are known as Dark Hand and Skeleton Archer are not useless for sure. Dark Hand is slow but powerful, even alone, he can summon Liches and he attack all enemy units which surround it. Skeleton Archers are really good long-range units with a strong attack and, although they are fragile, they are extremely powerful in big groups. Hatebreeder, you also forgot to mention the Iron Beak unit in your first post. Fortunately, you did mention the Iron Beak in a later one.
Back to top Go down

Abyss Empty
PostSubject: Re: Abyss   Abyss EmptyWed Mar 16, 2011 12:19 pm

Last edited by Ø on Thu Sep 08, 2011 1:44 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down

Abyss Empty
PostSubject: Re: Abyss   Abyss EmptyWed Mar 16, 2011 6:11 pm

Yes I'm absolutely sure. The mechanics on it are buggy, much like the cloaking mechanic.

As for this post as a whole, it's old in general. The Rictus actually has no damage multiplier at all, it just does a shitload of damage.
Back to top Go down

Abyss Empty
PostSubject: Re: Abyss   Abyss EmptyWed Mar 16, 2011 6:34 pm

Last edited by Ø on Thu Sep 08, 2011 1:44 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

Abyss Empty
PostSubject: Re: Abyss   Abyss EmptyWed Mar 16, 2011 7:59 pm

I am the King of the Lokken Drops and it will always be that way.
Back to top Go down

Abyss Empty
PostSubject: Re: Abyss   Abyss EmptyThu Mar 17, 2011 11:55 am

Last edited by Ø on Thu Sep 08, 2011 1:36 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
angel3b

Abyss Empty
PostSubject: Re: Abyss   Abyss EmptyThu Mar 17, 2011 1:04 pm

I wouldnt shadow with lokken cloaked, will be easier to know his position, but it can help in some scapes.

Mechanic can cloak???
Ok, that just proves that in more then 10 years playing, this game still surprises me
Back to top Go down

Abyss Empty
PostSubject: Re: Abyss   Abyss EmptyThu Mar 17, 2011 2:13 pm

Back to top Go down
angel3b

Abyss Empty
PostSubject: Re: Abyss   Abyss EmptyThu Mar 17, 2011 2:27 pm

no i didnt know...but is simple to think to do it
The idea is at same time awesome and obvious, so i feel bad never try to do that xD
"Lokken is cloak, hey maybe i can shadow with him cloak"

Back to top Go down

Abyss Empty
PostSubject: Re: Abyss   Abyss EmptyThu Mar 17, 2011 3:09 pm

Last edited by Ø on Thu Sep 08, 2011 1:37 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
lordjef

lordjef

Abyss Empty
PostSubject: Re: Abyss   Abyss EmptyFri Mar 18, 2011 1:31 pm

read the post of coments in youtube landher. i need x1 with you and henrique ok?
next week, sunday 18h Buenos Aires clock.
Back to top Go down
lordjef

lordjef

Abyss Empty
PostSubject: Re: Abyss   Abyss EmptyFri Mar 18, 2011 1:33 pm

BR clock
Back to top Go down

Abyss Empty
PostSubject: Re: Abyss   Abyss EmptyFri Mar 18, 2011 1:50 pm

Back to top Go down
lordjef

lordjef

Abyss Empty
PostSubject: Re: Abyss   Abyss EmptySun Mar 20, 2011 2:33 am

i didn't played that days, really. But i have a cause to that. Defame and fake me... that not is needed to my return. I have no time to play. My work and my high school getting all of my time.
I do not leave Ta:k and IMP.
Back to top Go down

Abyss Empty
PostSubject: Re: Abyss   Abyss EmptySun Mar 20, 2011 5:39 pm

Last edited by Ø on Thu Sep 08, 2011 1:37 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
angel3b

Abyss Empty
PostSubject: Re: Abyss   Abyss EmptyMon Mar 21, 2011 11:08 am

well...i guess you missunderstood, but i give you reason to think that.
I was talking to him, joking and blablabla, and i said is better you play with someone else first or you gonna be ashamed :p
anyway what i want to say is, that he didnt meaned this last weekend, cuz i know he wouldnt be able to play once he said to me he was going out. And i know is next sunday, 27 March, that he was meaning.
If he dont come, i give him the point.

About CS i see your point, but you must admit that cs it have any player at any time for play. You know his time for play CS? i guess you dont, but i do. Here it goes, 0h30 until 1 am. And weekends, at saturday nights and sunday. Saturday night we use to go out with friends Sunday he usualy able to do, he couldnt play this one, but next he can. Then you can say him he is a pussy if he dont lol

I already spoke with him to come more times about sunday even to join in the few minutes at afternoon that he have, we are having many games.

You must see we cant play whole time, but this case was just a mistake, next sunday isnt. I guess i will even go there to be sure he play those games lol

Back to top Go down
Lord chris

Lord chris

Abyss Empty
PostSubject: Re: Abyss   Abyss EmptyFri Apr 19, 2013 8:06 pm

guys guys we all know the rictus is beast but all in all its good for water maps and if you have the time or mana do a fire demon/ rictus combo rictus for dmg and firedemons for the track and range they can be a good combo together
Back to top Go down
DeeKay
Administrator
DeeKay

Abyss Empty
PostSubject: Re: Abyss   Abyss EmptyFri Apr 19, 2013 8:59 pm

Man, this topic has 3 years... WHAT THE \"****\' ARE YOU DOING HERE? xD

That's why I'd like to have an active moderator on the forum or to be a moderator...
Back to top Go down
http://alltakdownloads.6te.net/
$_ARTHAN

$_ARTHAN

Abyss Empty
PostSubject: Re: Abyss   Abyss EmptySat Apr 20, 2013 5:41 am

Lord Chris is a Lich King, his role-playing requires to ressurect old topics via his necromantic powers.

Btw, also keep in mind that the damage bonuses from a Rictus & a Fire Deamon are different (for example Ricti can deal good damage against Mons, but they suck at killing other undead creatures). Also, don't forget that in addition to hovering above water they can also climb up/down cliffs fairly easily, they can move forewards & attack backwards (something Fire Deamons just can't do), they are tall and can fire above some obstacles etc.
Back to top Go down

Abyss Empty
PostSubject: Re: Abyss   Abyss EmptySat Apr 20, 2013 9:58 am

DK-Manolo wrote:
That's why I'd like to have an active moderator on the forum or to be a moderator...

too much flames in tak, i dont know anyone here who would be a good and unbiased moderator
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Abyss Empty
PostSubject: Re: Abyss   Abyss Empty

Back to top Go down

Abyss
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
TA: Kingdoms Forums :: GENERAL :: Strategies :: Taros-
Jump to: