TA: Kingdoms Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to TA: Kingdoms

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What am I missing?

Go down 
+3
Vaerun
Sage
Bardan
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Bardan

Bardan

What am I missing? Empty
PostSubject: What am I missing?   What am I missing? EmptyWed May 26, 2010 3:36 pm

Hi all, I use to be a big forum junkie, semi-modder, and all 'round pest years ago. I cracked out Kingdoms - much to the chagrine of the girlfriend - and decided I'd try to find some of my old favorite 3rd party things. Big surprise - the links and/or sites are all out. I miss TABDD, TAKMCC, and several others. I mean, I came in at the tail end before, in the last days of the Boneyards - I only played one game there before it died - so coming back 7 years later... well, not really that much of a surprise.

I helped with the Knights of Magic, including work through Grenseal on the Brakada race, and only helped to fine-tune Red Warlord's excellent units and mods (of which there were many); the Illohir race and Ethia race also had my hand in on various things. I was never good with the 3d modelling, but I was fairly good at the balancing. FthzMcgraw's Sands of the South modpack was a good one, too, that I helped with. In fact, I don't think he ever released the final 'Race' for it, but only released the 1st/2nd tiers are expansions to Zhon. I may well have been the only one besides Feathers to own the full version. Hmm...

Sad to say I can't find any of these online and I've been through 2 moves and several computers in that time, so I don't have any myself. Does anyone have them available?

-Azurians
-Ethia
-Brakada
-Sands of the South (SoS)
-Delean
-Illohir *(I named that race... could it be that it was actually finished?!)
-*There were two others that I don't remember... the Orison? Cursed? They were both rather buggy, if I recall. And there were a couple more half-aborted, still-born races that never took off beyond some basic planning.

And there were too many single units to even remember... suggestions?

Oh - and what's this New Dawn?
Back to top Go down
Sage
Lead Designer of The New Era Expansion Project
Sage

What am I missing? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What am I missing?   What am I missing? EmptyWed May 26, 2010 11:19 pm

You are the guy I need to balance my mod.

I have all the races you are asking for except for the SoS.
I'm trying to upload almost everything ta universe had for tak that will eventually reupload in the future.

We are working on a server, site, and forum for tak where we are going to have all things for tak uploaded. The server is up and running, but we are still playing at the warzone client.

I didn't quite get your last question.

Good to see a very old player with modding experience come back to tak. Welcom back Bardan.
Back to top Go down
https://takuniverse.webs.com/
Bardan

Bardan

What am I missing? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What am I missing?   What am I missing? EmptyThu May 27, 2010 8:09 pm

The question was basically... what exactly is the (sorry) New Era Mod? I think that's what its called anywho. Just a general overview of "added this, removed that, tweaked this" would be fine.

I'm currently playing through the Vanilla campaign before I install the Iron Plague. Its a bit of a ritual. Indeed, I haven't played multiplayer in... 7 years? Maybe less, but certainly 5 at least.

Shame about the SoS... I'll have to wrack my brain to remember what all was there, maybe with some help we could rebuild it. It was a favorite of mine...

I'd be more than happy to help with the Mod, in any way really. I mean, it will take some time for be to get... um, reaclimated to the stuff, but I'm confident I can over time.
Back to top Go down
Bardan

Bardan

What am I missing? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What am I missing?   What am I missing? EmptySun May 30, 2010 4:32 pm

I actually just remembered the other race I couldn't think of - the Solaron race. And Feathers (who did SoS) also did a Goblin King pack... anyone have those two?
Back to top Go down
Sage
Sage

What am I missing? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What am I missing?   What am I missing? EmptySun May 30, 2010 4:37 pm

I have the Solaron race. I think I have the goblin king pack.
Back to top Go down
Vaerun

Vaerun

What am I missing? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What am I missing?   What am I missing? EmptySun May 30, 2010 5:15 pm

Sands of the South

Vaerun

Bardan, what was your name at the TAKMCC site? You said you named the Illohir, but I remember when I joined the Unholy Clan, Justarius was the clan leader and he gave me the project after Grenseal left the race in limbo. However, I did finish the Illohir race with several versions, but I do not think I have it balanced right as some units are extremely powerful.
Back to top Go down
Bardan

Bardan

What am I missing? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What am I missing?   What am I missing? EmptySun May 30, 2010 7:40 pm

Oh dear... I've gone through numerous aliases in various games. I know I was High Magus for a while (with Grenseal and Red Warlord in Knights of Magic) and something else to do with a wolf. I think. I don't really have any major claim to fame, but the sole thing that was released under my name was the Allsidedata file for having every race available in multiplayer. Or, everyone that was finished at the time.

The Illohir were named from a fantasy book by David Gemmell, a Brit writer I was reading a lot at the time, who's now dead. But the premise of the Illohir race, from what I remember, was something to do with a flight/air-heavy demonic race, which is what the Illohir were in the fantasy book. So I offered it and it stuck. I had virtually no hand in beyond play-testing some of the units via Grenseal.

For example, I barely recognize the name Unholy Clan, and have no idea who Justarius is. Of course, in several years, I forget a lot.
Back to top Go down
Vaerun

Vaerun

What am I missing? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What am I missing?   What am I missing? EmptySun May 30, 2010 9:50 pm

Shame Grenseal and Red Warlord appear to be not around, but hey, maybe they will get bored with whatever game is holding there thoughts now and come back to TA:K.

Ahhh...when I took the race over from Grenseal whom did not give me much insight into what the race was about, I went with the ideas the Unholy Alliance , Justarius and a few others, at the time gave me. They wanted a race of chaos so I put in all the units the clan wanted and went from there. However, I tried not to make the race a clone of Taros, so I went and studied the scripts and fbi files of other units and races. After much trial and error, I gave the Illohir units a perk or two via scripting not present in TA:K. These perks are what others would say make the units way too powerful. I digress, it makes the units unique.
As a result, Illohir is demonic with some flighty units, however their strength is in their defense.

Glad you came up with the AllsideData file. That was a great idea!

Vaerun
Back to top Go down
Bardan

Bardan

What am I missing? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What am I missing?   What am I missing? EmptySun May 30, 2010 11:01 pm

Hehe, any idea where I could get a copy of the Allsidedata? Like I said, I'm LITERALLY starting over from scratch with Vanilla and IP. Like... I don't even know where to get the 3.0 patch (or is it the 4.0bb or whatever I've seen around now)? And what of map-packs, at one time I had something like 800 maps. Or the Cavedog units (Lighthouse, Rolling Tower, etc)?

Sucks that all the links I find to older sites show the sites as down, or when I do find one still standing all the links are broken... Shame, really.
Back to top Go down
Vaerun

Vaerun

What am I missing? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What am I missing?   What am I missing? EmptySun May 30, 2010 11:49 pm

The allsidedata file should come with the Tak Switcher program.

If the New Era Mod link is working, you could get almost everything you need for TA:K.

Vaerun
Back to top Go down
Bardan

Bardan

What am I missing? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What am I missing?   What am I missing? EmptyMon May 31, 2010 12:22 am

And where is that, exactly?
Back to top Go down
Sage
Sage

What am I missing? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What am I missing?   What am I missing? EmptyMon May 31, 2010 12:32 am

There is one link for the switcher working: http://home.offlineweb.de/files/TAKSwitcher-1.0.exe

It is from the offline web.
Back to top Go down
Vaerun

Vaerun

What am I missing? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What am I missing?   What am I missing? EmptyTue Jun 01, 2010 12:31 am

Here is the Ultimate TAK Pack for DL:

Ultimate TAK Pack

Vaerun
Back to top Go down
roulthegreat

What am I missing? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What am I missing?   What am I missing? EmptyTue Jun 01, 2010 2:21 am

Omg vaerun ty. Just by chance i looked at this topic and found the download link. My TA Cd hasn't been working so you may have just become my hero Razz
Back to top Go down
Bardan

Bardan

What am I missing? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What am I missing?   What am I missing? EmptyTue Jun 01, 2010 8:54 am

Holy Hell! The 3.0bb you gave me the other night - yeah, it says that it won't work on my operating system. I have Windows 7 and the exact response is:

"The version of this file is not compatible with the version of Windows you are running. Check your computer's system information to see whether you need an x86 (32-bit) or x64 (64-bit) of the program, then contact the software publisher."

Since contacting the software publisher is out... suggestions, anyone?

What exactly comes in the 3.0bb update?

And what exactly comes in the Ultimate TAK Pack? I have to make an account to download it, which I am doing now...
Back to top Go down
Sage
Sage

What am I missing? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What am I missing?   What am I missing? EmptyTue Jun 01, 2010 9:27 am

Why not just get 4.1 the latest patch? It's availabe in the download section under patches.
Back to top Go down
Bardan

Bardan

What am I missing? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What am I missing?   What am I missing? EmptyTue Jun 01, 2010 10:25 am

I thought about it, but I'm still trying to figure out what comes with each patch. No sense in getting something I don't want/won't need, right?

That and, ya know, its 86 megs...
Back to top Go down
Sage
Sage

What am I missing? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What am I missing?   What am I missing? EmptyTue Jun 01, 2010 8:59 pm

This is what has been done after 3.0:

Version 4.1 beta patch includes:

- Sound for host in multiplayer games! ( no more excuses if your monarch die while hosting, everyone can host! )
- Option to always allow Monarch Expendable
- Allows 8 Players on direct play launch, such as Gamespy Arcade
- Allows the 5th Race known as Creon on direct play such as, Gamespy Arcade and all the features from the Iron Plague expansion pack (movies can be downloaded apart)
- ironplague.icd no longer used.
- Command line not allowed anymore ( 3rd party unit makers can instead of using the -disablecavedog... just move the kingdoms.key file out of the kingdoms folder, but remember to put it back to play online)

Version 4.0 patch includes:

- 500 units limit
- More than 500 maps bug fix
- Allows more than one AI per person in mutliplayer games
- Direct Play launch on ironplague.icd allows the Creon race on multiplayer games
Back to top Go down
Bardan

Bardan

What am I missing? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What am I missing?   What am I missing? EmptyWed Jun 02, 2010 12:50 am

So do I install the 4.1 to my Kingdoms folder? It says it already exists, but do I want to install it to that anyway... will this overwrite my Kingdoms folder or will it simply add to it?

Just trying to wrap my head around it all... so much has changed.
Back to top Go down
Sage
Sage

What am I missing? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What am I missing?   What am I missing? EmptyThu Jun 03, 2010 12:01 am

You mentioned that the SoS version vaerun sent you wasn't complete, I think one of the packs uploaded on my msn space has tons of SoS units. They most likely have to be built if you choose to play with zhon.
Back to top Go down
Bardan

Bardan

What am I missing? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What am I missing?   What am I missing? EmptyThu Jun 03, 2010 12:15 am

Yes, you have the same one as Vaerun gave me. It was - to my knowledge - the last 'add-on' version of the SoS before Featherz made it into its completed Race version. As far as I remember, it only added half a dozen more units (including monarch, scout and god). So there's not a WHOLE lot missing, but it does need some hefty re-balancing. Guess what my first project will be?
Back to top Go down
WG-Chronos

What am I missing? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What am I missing?   What am I missing? EmptyMon Jul 26, 2010 1:59 pm

Hmmm....This thread really brings back memories.

I was a (small) part of Illohir, myself. Granted, I did nothing that a monkey with typing ability couldn't do as well, but yea. XD Justy used to bounce ideas for the race off me...And I did some minor play testing. I used to have backups of a LOT of stuff...including the FINISHED Illohir. And some of the story Justy was making for it. Originally, he wanted to code up an entire new campaign, a THIRD campaign, that really introduced the Illohir, like was done with Creon in IP. He had some grand plans...

I might.....MIGHT.....be able to get ahold of Grenseal. >_> He and I were pretty close back in Unholy Alliance days. I'll see if I can get him to pay a visit here if I do. Smile
Back to top Go down
AsTheRuinsFall

What am I missing? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What am I missing?   What am I missing? EmptyMon Jul 26, 2010 9:29 pm

Mmmm unholy alliance. Memories.
Back to top Go down
Sinistrad

What am I missing? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What am I missing?   What am I missing? EmptyFri Sep 02, 2011 3:43 pm

Vaerun...is that really you??
Back to top Go down
Vaerun

Vaerun

What am I missing? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What am I missing?   What am I missing? EmptySat Sep 03, 2011 1:08 am

Yep, it is really me. Glad to see you coming back.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

What am I missing? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What am I missing?   What am I missing? Empty

Back to top Go down

What am I missing?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next