TA: Kingdoms Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to TA: Kingdoms

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

How to Make a Mission Map Playable Online

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Sage
Lead Designer of The New Era Expansion Project
Sage

How to Make a Mission Map Playable Online Empty
PostSubject: How to Make a Mission Map Playable Online   How to Make a Mission Map Playable Online EmptyWed Jun 30, 2010 1:27 pm

- First, unpack all files from any map in maps.hpi.
- Next, unpack just the .tnt file from missions.hpi or ipmissions.hpi of the map you want.
- 3rd, replace the .tnt file from the map you unpacked in maps.hpi.
- Then, pack the map with hpi pack as .kmp, and open it with cartographer.
- Last, add or change the start positions, and save it.

Now you can play map missions from the book of darien and iron plague online!
Thanks for the tip wqaopl.
Back to top Go down
https://takuniverse.webs.com/
Daveydude

PostSubject: Re: How to Make a Mission Map Playable Online   How to Make a Mission Map Playable Online EmptyMon Sep 27, 2010 2:51 am

When I tried this the cartographer told me that OTA file was missing although it was evidently there in all attempts to do this. I was attempting mission 18 from the Book of Darien. Do you know how to solve this problem?
Back to top Go down
Wqaopl

Wqaopl

PostSubject: Re: How to Make a Mission Map Playable Online   How to Make a Mission Map Playable Online EmptyMon Sep 27, 2010 10:12 pm

are u using the ota from the mition map? if u are it is uncompatable with the cartograthers and needs to be replaced with an ota from a diferent map.
Back to top Go down
Daveydude

PostSubject: Re: How to Make a Mission Map Playable Online   How to Make a Mission Map Playable Online EmptyWed Sep 29, 2010 12:22 am

I have tried about 5 different maps using their OTA file, not the mission OTA, although I did try it in one attempt. It still does not work. I also tried with a different mission. There must be something wrong with either my cartographer or my method, can anyone help me?
Back to top Go down
Clay4141

Clay4141

PostSubject: Re: How to Make a Mission Map Playable Online   How to Make a Mission Map Playable Online EmptyWed Sep 29, 2010 9:22 am

Are these mission maps like maps with the objectives?

or

Are these just the missing cd/dc maps that you cant normally open in Cartographer; like Inner Circle and Arches of Zhon(i think).
Back to top Go down
Daveydude

PostSubject: Re: How to Make a Mission Map Playable Online   How to Make a Mission Map Playable Online EmptyWed Sep 29, 2010 10:05 pm

Missions as in anything from Adventure mode. (IP or BoD)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How to Make a Mission Map Playable Online   How to Make a Mission Map Playable Online EmptyWed Sep 29, 2010 11:45 pm

Quote :
Are these just the missing cd/dc maps that you cant normally open in Cartographer; like Inner Circle and Arches of Zhon(i think).

I would like to know that one.
Back to top Go down
Clay4141

Clay4141

PostSubject: Re: How to Make a Mission Map Playable Online   How to Make a Mission Map Playable Online EmptyThu Sep 30, 2010 1:46 pm

Hatebreeder, following similar steps you can use cartogrpaher to see those maps like inner circle. (i did that awhile ago with inner circle and included somas super mana stones) =]
Back to top Go down
Daveydude

PostSubject: Re: How to Make a Mission Map Playable Online   How to Make a Mission Map Playable Online EmptyFri Oct 08, 2010 5:12 am

I recently tried this with IP missions as well, same result. Has anyone actually had any success with this? I would really like to try a few missions with some friends. (After ramping up the difficulty)

I think you are misunderstanding the point of this thread. This is to make those maps available online. You can't play the campaign by doing this.
Back to top Go down
Wqaopl

Wqaopl

PostSubject: Re: How to Make a Mission Map Playable Online   How to Make a Mission Map Playable Online EmptyMon Jul 25, 2011 9:21 am

ok i fogot some inportent points when taling to sage so i desided to refind how to do it and right how i did it at the same time. hear is what i got:

open the ota of the map you want to take from the campain.

create a blank map of the same size and race.

exstrack the blank map.

replace the TNT file of the blank map with the map you want to take.

open the blanks map OTA and deleat evrything exepet the inportant info so it looks like this:
[GlobalHeader]
{
Copyright=Copyright 1998 Cavedog Entertainment. All rights reserved.;

kingdom=zhon;

size=11 x 11;
}

(check that the kingdom is corect)

pack the map using the blank maps name then open using the cartograther then without doing anything elce save the map.

(if you use the hpi viewer then you will see a compleat OTA file.

add player starts then save.

Last edited by Wqaopl on Tue Jul 26, 2011 1:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How to Make a Mission Map Playable Online   How to Make a Mission Map Playable Online Empty

Back to top Go down

How to Make a Mission Map Playable Online
Page 1 of 1