TA: Kingdoms Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to TA: Kingdoms

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

I'm no techie, but....

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
WG-Chronos

I'm no techie, but.... Empty
PostSubject: I'm no techie, but....   I'm no techie, but.... EmptyMon Jul 26, 2010 8:09 pm

Correct me if I'm wrong when I say that setting up a DMZ on your router, and putting your system's IP address in it, will cause your router to send anything suspicious to you, including malicious attack attempts or malicious programs.

Yes. I am paranoid about this type of thing. I have had problems in the past that I will NOT have again...
Back to top Go down
Joker

Joker

PostSubject: Re: I'm no techie, but....   I'm no techie, but.... EmptyTue Jul 27, 2010 6:56 am

It's ok, but dmz being a problem here, the only way atm i could advice you, should be to enable dmz, the problem for you will be yhat your computer will be vulnerable, then why dont you use a firewell ? To be clear i'm not talking about your stupid windows firewall a real one ( free one ^^ )

This is the only way i found. Still trying to understand why people can play when dmz they disable OR enable dmz. This is a mystery for me
Back to top Go down
WG-Chronos

PostSubject: Re: I'm no techie, but....   I'm no techie, but.... EmptyTue Jul 27, 2010 3:13 pm

Yea, it doesn't make sense. I got in touch with a friend of mine who works on computers and networks for a living, and the way he explained the DMZ to me is that when you enable the DMZ, it is the same as opening all ports and forwarding them to your IP. The only way, apparently, that enabling yourself as DMZ should let this game run when forwarding ports 2300-2400 and 47624 TCP and UDC does not, is either if you forwarded the wrong ports, or if you didn't forward ALL of them. We know that TAK uses only these ports...and I know that I was able to play this game once upon a time on Gamespy....is it possible that War Zone itself requires a port to be forwarded that we are overlooking?
Back to top Go down
Joker

Joker

PostSubject: Re: I'm no techie, but....   I'm no techie, but.... EmptyTue Jul 27, 2010 5:47 pm

i have on my router 2 other ports that i didnt open concerning ta:k , but yes i think there is a port which cause trouble ^^

so i give you the 2 ports : TCP 24265
UDP 36040

I dont know what is that bs ^^ but go test it.
Back to top Go down
WG-Chronos

PostSubject: Re: I'm no techie, but....   I'm no techie, but.... EmptyTue Jul 27, 2010 6:06 pm

Hey, thanks for that, Joker. I'll have to run some tests in those ports and see if it does anything. Smile
Back to top Go down
Joker

Joker

PostSubject: Re: I'm no techie, but....   I'm no techie, but.... EmptyTue Jul 27, 2010 6:22 pm

No problem ^^ . hope it will work..
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I'm no techie, but....   I'm no techie, but.... Empty

Back to top Go down

I'm no techie, but....
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
TA: Kingdoms Forums :: GENERAL :: General Chat-
Jump to: