TA: Kingdoms Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to TA: Kingdoms

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

:!: Cosmetic changes

Go down 
+2
Sage
Clay4141
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Clay4141

Clay4141

:!:  Cosmetic changes Empty
PostSubject: :!: Cosmetic changes    :!:  Cosmetic changes EmptyTue Aug 24, 2010 11:52 am

What does everyone think about cosmetic changes?

Would beast riders look cooler if they were bigger?
(Maybe this would help less of them be in the same area at the same time)

Wouldn't it be cool if we had different looking trees or something?
Any ideas on little things that would make the game look better?
Back to top Go down
Sage
Lead Designer of The New Era Expansion Project
Sage

PostSubject: Re: :!: Cosmetic changes    :!:  Cosmetic changes EmptyTue Aug 24, 2010 1:02 pm

Are you thinking in making a mod with a few changes to make it look better?
"cosmetic changes" lol
Back to top Go down
https://takuniverse.webs.com/
Clay4141

Clay4141

PostSubject: Re: :!: Cosmetic changes    :!:  Cosmetic changes EmptyTue Aug 24, 2010 1:41 pm

Well we do have some new 'faces' around now...

I was thinking some new trees or rocks.. or something would look kinda cool if they would be able to do something. It probably wouldnt be too difficult.
Back to top Go down
CTRL

CTRL

PostSubject: Re: :!: Cosmetic changes    :!:  Cosmetic changes EmptyTue Aug 24, 2010 2:35 pm

new trees and rocks lol whats the point i feel like i'm the only one that puts them in maps affraid
Back to top Go down
Clay4141

Clay4141

PostSubject: Re: :!: Cosmetic changes    :!:  Cosmetic changes EmptyTue Aug 24, 2010 5:10 pm

I ALWAYS dreamed of seeing the TA military base tileset imported to TA Kingdoms.....

that would make my life complete!

I cant find a suitable picture. =[
Back to top Go down
EtherLord-RX

EtherLord-RX

PostSubject: Re: :!: Cosmetic changes    :!:  Cosmetic changes EmptyTue Aug 24, 2010 10:01 pm

CTRL wrote:
new trees and rocks lol whats the point i feel like i'm the only one that puts them in maps affraid
I put trees in some of my maps. Not rocks though.

Some "Cosmetic Changes" would be kind of cool IMO.
Back to top Go down
Clay4141

Clay4141

PostSubject: Re: :!: Cosmetic changes    :!:  Cosmetic changes EmptyWed Aug 25, 2010 1:04 pm

I have a few spread mana maps I made that are pretty much cd/dc style.

-Spread mana
-lots of feautres
-beautiful looking
-etc...

Only one of which I think I released. Maybe one of these days I'll make a small map pack.

Q-Zuin is the name of that map I think... check it out! Zhon tileset FTW! =]
Back to top Go down
ACE

ACE

PostSubject: Re: :!: Cosmetic changes    :!:  Cosmetic changes EmptyWed Aug 25, 2010 1:51 pm

the animated trees that warped mind was talking about would look cool if he could stop the program from crashing.

Maybe adding more polygons to the old models to make them smoother or changing the textures so they're clearer would be a good idea.

Most people will criticise the graphics because they are kinda grainy and pixelated, maybe a new map tile set could change that
Back to top Go down
Clay4141

Clay4141

PostSubject: Re: :!: Cosmetic changes    :!:  Cosmetic changes EmptyWed Aug 25, 2010 4:52 pm

I like the idea of making the models smoother if at all possible.
Thats if anyone can do it of course.

Does anyone have the evergreen tileset?
Surely we didnt lose that over all the years!
Back to top Go down
Warped Mind

Warped Mind

PostSubject: Re: :!: Cosmetic changes    :!:  Cosmetic changes EmptyWed Aug 25, 2010 6:33 pm

Quote :
The animated trees that warped mind was talking about would look cool if he could stop the program from crashing.

Yeah its really a shame that only the regular Gaf Builder doesn't crash. The biggest problem is loading up a *.dat in Gafbuilder that has the same tileset as TA:K so importing/exporting is 1:1 and not messed up. I was able to do custom selection Icons for the Azurians because that Gaf is REALLY simple and it didn't matter that the palettes were messed up, haha.

To make the animated tree's is very simple if you can get it to import your images. Simply change "animated=0;" to "animated=1;" in the feature TDF file and add the frames in Gaf Builder.... But as mentioned you have to have a perfect palette or it A, Crashes TA:K or B, Looks hideous.

Quote :
Most people will criticise the graphics because they are kinda grainy and pixelated, maybe a new map tile set could change that.

Easier said than done unfortunetly, I recall over 10 years ago that Mercilous Creations (Formerly TADD) was quite upset with Cavedog for making it nearly impossible to get their Evergreen tileset working which is why they only release that and the Cemetary Gates feature set.

Unfortunetly I never grabbed Evergreen so its not on my HDD but I do have the Cemetary Gates... Which don't have a valid file to use as a *.dat (palette) file in GBP unsuprisingly. Sad
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: :!: Cosmetic changes    :!:  Cosmetic changes Empty

Back to top Go down

:!: Cosmetic changes
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
TA: Kingdoms Forums :: GENERAL :: General Chat-
Jump to: