TA: Kingdoms Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to TA: Kingdoms

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New Patch

Go down 
+2
Clay4141
Wqaopl
6 posters
AuthorMessage

New Patch Empty
PostSubject: New Patch   New Patch EmptyThu Aug 26, 2010 1:18 am

I'm not asking for any unit changes, but there are bugs that needs to be corrected. Please refrain from any suggestions that implicate changes to units and how they work. Lets just compile a list of bugs that needs to be fixed.

OPEN GATES

AoE PROCCING (Kirenna, Thirsha, Fire Mage, Witches, etc.)

AGGRESSIVE/MOVE/ATTACK (This needs to be debated)

BUILDING GATES FROM YOUR REAR (Or building any defensive measures while you are walking away is an exploit of game mechanics and my belief is that this was not intended)

DELAY ON SPECIAL ABILITIES (specifically spell 2 on units other than monarchs - Mage Archers, Fire mages, Mind Mages, etc.)

SOMEONE FUCKING FIX CLOAKING OR DEFINE THE VARIABLES IN IT.

Back to top Go down
Wqaopl

Wqaopl

New Patch Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Patch   New Patch EmptyThu Aug 26, 2010 1:24 pm

how about atacking while billding. dont think thats ment to hapen.
Back to top Go down
Clay4141

Clay4141

New Patch Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Patch   New Patch EmptyThu Aug 26, 2010 3:06 pm

MORE INFO
What is this AOE proccing? can you explain more. I think I understand but I want to be sure...
Aggresive/Move/Attack...

MAYBE/YES/POSSIBLY
Gates could be taken out of the game.... I dont think thats too crazy...
Delay on special abilities(i agree on this) - can be done.
Cloaking

DONT THINK THESE CAN BE DONE
Building while running... [if you mean shadow building and then running, then idt u can fix this]
We already know we cant fix top of map....

ACE

New Patch Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Patch   New Patch EmptyThu Aug 26, 2010 3:53 pm

the trouble with taking gates out is then you have no defense from treb happy people so aramon would inevitably become invincible.

The last few games I have played, people seem to be using gates even more than usual and it does get ridiculous when your opponent (mostly aramon and creon) gate entirely across the screen sometimes with 2 layers and just sticks long range (cannons, fire demons, beast riders etc) behind...

what is wrong with the cloaking?

delay on spells, not sure which way you're going with this. mage archers are already troublesome enough giving them an instant hit would overpower them.

AoE I take as area of effect, what do you mean?

How about fixing the targeting when in water? I'm sick of a single swamp beast being able to dominate the water.
Back to top Go down

New Patch Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Patch   New Patch EmptyThu Aug 26, 2010 6:20 pm

Clay4141 wrote:
MORE INFO
What is this AOE proccing? can you explain more. I think I understand but I want to be sure...
Aggresive/Move/Attack...

MAYBE/YES/POSSIBLY
Gates could be taken out of the game.... I dont think thats too crazy...
Delay on special abilities(i agree on this) - can be done.
Cloaking

DONT THINK THESE CAN BE DONE
Building while running... [if you mean shadow building and then running, then idt u can fix this]
We already know we cant fix top of map....

Open gates are invincible to any type of attack except artillery. This obviously needs to be fixed. On a side note, if anyone has ever played against me while I'm Aramon, you will notice that out of common courtesy I rarely if never use gates or trebs and I'm happy to announce that this etiquitte has been resonating throughout the community - specifically IMP.

The delay and proccing on special abilities is when you go to wave or AoE the unit just stands there and you have to repeatedly press "A" and reclick the targeted area over and over until the spell hits.

Another thing, as far as proccing waves and such go, Clay knows how to "pre-proc" Thirsha's wave so when he goes to use it it's instantly cast and she won't be sitting there for up to two seconds "casting" the spell. What are the game mechanics that you have to route through in order to do this? This is also in reference to the Mages, etc.

As far as an instant cast goes, no I'm not in agreement with that. I agree that on secondary spells there needs to be a certain casting time that coincides with the "power words" (nerd talk for Mahn Yoo Shaka! on the witch for example). Sometimes, as stated above, the unit just sits there.

Units submerged in water and are only able to be hit from certain angles I believe was intended. If they were able to be hit from any angle then there would be no counter for ships. If you look at it from a scientific point of view, the speed of a projectile hitting water is like hitting concrete after around 100MPH(?). Bullets ricochet off of water. I'm in agreeance that the submerged water mechanics were intended and I would personally leave them alone.
Back to top Go down
Clay4141

Clay4141

New Patch Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Patch   New Patch EmptyThu Aug 26, 2010 6:21 pm

ACE wrote:
the trouble with taking gates out is then you have no defense from treb happy people so aramon would inevitably become invincible.

At the same time, Aramon cannot hide trebs behind gates. They would be forced to use strongholds or buildings.

Can anyone think of another way to alter gates? What if we just remove the open/close feature so they cannot be opened? Would changing their size have any effect? What if we just make Trebs look bigger that way they have to take up more land and cannot be blocked by buildings/gates? Would that work? That way a treb could not be adjacent to anything else.

ACE wrote:
what is wrong with the cloaking?
Well cloaking isnt broken, however in 4.1bb the cloak for lokken does seem to wear out rather quickly. I dont believe he should be able to stay cloaked indefinitely, nor do I think his uncloaking radius should be reduced...however just allow him to cloak for longer. Maybe Double has a different idea...

ACE wrote:
delay on spells, not sure which way you're going with this. mage archers are already troublesome enough giving them an instant hit would overpower them.
If I understood him correctly, putting a delay on spells would not allow units to attack quicker... but actually slower... that way Mage Archers couldn't all spam Tracking Arrow and be so deadly..... that is what delay means doesn't it?
What I do with Thirsha is I select the wave, and attack the ground. Right before the wave is about to go off (by watching the animations,) I move to another location. What happens then is the spell is 'readied' and when I choose to attack the ground the next time it automatically goes off. Gotta try it until you get it right, it doesnt always work, but most of the time.

Last edited by Clay4141 on Thu Aug 26, 2010 6:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

New Patch Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Patch   New Patch EmptyThu Aug 26, 2010 6:26 pm

Aggressive/Move/Attack is what you see in my signature. You can see The monarch is on agressive, secondary spell is procced and I repeatedly click move, press "A" and draw a box around my target - rinse and repeat. People use this exploit on knights and horsemen when running down monarchs so they are on the same tile all the time and the monarch cannot defend themselves. Otherwise, the tactic is known as a "curveball".

The curveball tactic can be used with any unit in the game, ranged or melee. They will walk and attack at the same time - even casters such as the Fire Mage's secondary spell. If the spell or ability does not have a tracking property to it then they will shoot straight in the direction of where they are moving to, such as Elsin's rock or a normal arrow or a cannon, you get the point.
Back to top Go down

New Patch Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Patch   New Patch EmptyThu Aug 26, 2010 6:31 pm

The cloaking properties are broken.

Whatever gamechecks the unit goes through is flawed. I've cloaked with knights smacking me in the head with a sword and I've been unable to cloak while just standing there shortly after combat.

I've also been unable to cloak while breaking LOS from my aggressor.

Cloaking gamechecks consist of LOS and combat. What defines the "in combat" status for a unit is a mystery to me and I think everyone here. How long until after a unit is out of combat epilogued by a fight? Why can't I break LOS with my aggressor and then cloak?

These properties must be defined.

Back to top Go down
Clay4141

Clay4141

New Patch Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Patch   New Patch EmptyThu Aug 26, 2010 6:33 pm

Your curve ball technique is very similar to that of what I used to do with Thirsha attacking out of her "***". I'd target the ground, and then move quickly before she attacks, while being on Aggresive and she would attack behind her. One of the differences would be that, if done at the perfect time(which i cant even do)[see spiel or joker] her lightning attack(not guided) would autoattack as if it were guided!

Awww I know what you mean now about cloaking. I've seen you cloak with a knight on your \"***\", and I've also seen it fail for you in the past where it should have worked. Maybe Vaerun or Warped Mind could shed some light for us. Other than them... we might be shit out of luck bro.
Back to top Go down

New Patch Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Patch   New Patch EmptyThu Aug 26, 2010 9:11 pm

I hope Vaerun or WM can donate some of their time to help us fix these glitches - or atleast help us better understand them.
Back to top Go down
Capt Savage

Capt Savage

New Patch Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Patch   New Patch EmptyThu Aug 26, 2010 11:35 pm

i think not being able to cloak has to do if a unit is locked onto you... this could be your mon on screen, or knights 3 screens away.
Back to top Go down
Wqaopl

Wqaopl

New Patch Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Patch   New Patch EmptyFri Aug 27, 2010 2:20 am

the combat to cloke is 20 seconds so i think you will just have to run next time if loken is not on passive =p

as for billding and atacking click on whats being bilt intill the unit starts aracking =o (all units can do it)

the swamp beast shouldednt be fully submerged cos its just way to op. or wer sould just remove all boats from the game.
Back to top Go down
Vaerun

Vaerun

New Patch Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Patch   New Patch EmptyFri Aug 27, 2010 3:07 am

Lets see on cloaking:

I believe that if a unit has the mana to cloak and the minimum cloaking range( *.fbi tag: mincloakdistance) set where other units are not in that minimum range, the unit will cloak w/i a second or two.
In addition, the lower the value on that tag, the lower the detection range. Like with Lokken, the value is 50 with no mana drainage if Lokken does not move. However, if Lokken moves, that cloak drains his mana quick.

Back to top Go down
Capt Savage

Capt Savage

New Patch Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Patch   New Patch EmptyFri Aug 27, 2010 3:20 am

think theres a bit more too it...
Back to top Go down
Clay4141

Clay4141

New Patch Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Patch   New Patch EmptyFri Aug 27, 2010 8:10 am

I know that if you are clicked on a unit and targetted it can still cloak.
Back to top Go down
Wqaopl

Wqaopl

New Patch Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Patch   New Patch EmptyFri Aug 27, 2010 8:17 am

name = Kamikaze Rat;
cancloak = 1;
cloakcost = 15;
cloakcostmoving = 25;
maxmana = 1000;
manarechargerate = 10;

if a unit atacks it cant cloak agen for 20 seconds.

and thats it i think.
Back to top Go down
ACE

ACE

New Patch Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Patch   New Patch EmptyFri Aug 27, 2010 3:54 pm

Hatebreeder-DB wrote:

Open gates are invincible to any type of attack except artillery. This obviously needs to be fixed. On a side note, if anyone has ever played against me while I'm Aramon, you will notice that out of common courtesy I rarely if never use gates or trebs and I'm happy to announce that this etiquitte has been resonating throughout the community - specifically IMP.

The delay and proccing on special abilities is when you go to wave or AoE the unit just stands there and you have to repeatedly press "A" and reclick the targeted area over and over until the spell hits.

Another thing, as far as proccing waves and such go, Clay knows how to "pre-proc" Thirsha's wave so when he goes to use it it's instantly cast and she won't be sitting there for up to two seconds "casting" the spell. What are the game mechanics that you have to route through in order to do this? This is also in reference to the Mages, etc.

As far as an instant cast goes, no I'm not in agreement with that. I agree that on secondary spells there needs to be a certain casting time that coincides with the "power words" (nerd talk for Mahn Yoo Shaka! on the witch for example). Sometimes, as stated above, the unit just sits there.

Units submerged in water and are only able to be hit from certain angles I believe was intended. If they were able to be hit from any angle then there would be no counter for ships. If you look at it from a scientific point of view, the speed of a projectile hitting water is like hitting concrete after around 100MPH(?). Bullets ricochet off of water. I'm in agreeance that the submerged water mechanics were intended and I would personally leave them alone.

Ah yeah I know what you mean about the proccing now, that annoys the hell out of me, especially thirshas air spaz, which tankfully can be worked around. Whats even worse is sometimes the monarch or witch will do the animations and say the words (Temposh baraboo bar! New Patch Lol ) but no attack will come out!!
I've seen, just a few days ago when I was watching a game, someones weather witch casting the snowstorm spell 3 times and nothing happened apart from the crashing sound.

As for the gates theres no point in taking away the opening, it might as well be a long wall in that case, besides I actually use the open function to let annoying slow units like fire mages a quick route through which is very useful. I'm sure there must be a simple way of fixing them.

Water targeting, I completely disagree with this hate, it can't have been intended, if you notice this problem only happens with the new units, the swamp beast and merwarrior (although less to the merwarrior), all other units, including kirrena and strangely enough the baracuda, can be shot very easily while in water, which makes me think its a bug. This problem didn't exist in the earier versions of the game. Another thing is that this targeting problem makes the baracuda completely useless, if it was intended why make the baracuda be hit but not the swamp beast?
Also you will notice the boats shoot no where near the target so it can't be to do with the shot slowing down, and that would envolve some fluid mechanics (if only this game was that advanced lol).

Couldn't boats be given modifiers to make them less effective against anphibious units?
Back to top Go down
ACE

ACE

New Patch Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Patch   New Patch EmptyMon Aug 30, 2010 1:40 pm

Another bug, why do dark priests/thirsha fly away when they are building?
Back to top Go down
Clay4141

Clay4141

New Patch Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Patch   New Patch EmptyMon Aug 30, 2010 2:29 pm

Why don't we all just move onto another game... Kings and Castles everyone?
Back to top Go down
angel3b

New Patch Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Patch   New Patch EmptyTue Aug 31, 2010 11:16 pm

sry but even with the release of kings and castles idk if i will leave this game soon
i love tak, even with that kirenna bug...sometimes i hate her xD
Back to top Go down
Wqaopl

Wqaopl

New Patch Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Patch   New Patch EmptyWed Sep 01, 2010 3:16 am

Quote :
sry but even with the release of kings and castles idk if i will leave this game soon
i love tak, even with that kirenna bug...sometimes i hate her xD

that bug is so annoing but kirenna is still my faverat mon =p and i dont think i will ever be able to truly ever leave TAK.
Back to top Go down
Clay4141

Clay4141

New Patch Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Patch   New Patch EmptyWed Sep 01, 2010 2:42 pm

what bug? the water/tail glitch?
Back to top Go down
ACE

ACE

New Patch Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Patch   New Patch EmptyThu Sep 02, 2010 2:28 pm

Clay4141 wrote:
Why don't we all just move onto another game... Kings and Castles everyone?

You say that but you don't know whether you will like it yet, the chances are that you'll find its not enough like tak so will never be a replacement xD

I agree kirrena is also my favourite mon, sending a water ball from a massive distance to finish off a fleeing elsin is always so satisfying Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Clay4141

Clay4141

New Patch Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Patch   New Patch EmptyThu Sep 02, 2010 5:46 pm

I started playing WoW.... a few years too late.
Also moved onto LoL.
Awaiting K&C, & SW:TOR!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

New Patch Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Patch   New Patch Empty

Back to top Go down

New Patch
Page 1 of 1