TA: Kingdoms Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to TA: Kingdoms

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Best builder / fighter units.

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Wafflecakes_WG

Wafflecakes_WG

Best builder / fighter units. Empty
PostSubject: Best builder / fighter units.   Best builder / fighter units. EmptyWed Mar 16, 2011 3:13 pm

Whenever a 3rd party team game degenerates into a treb / defence / drop war, most people will start building huge amounts of builders to supplement their mana income and to act as auxilliary fighters.

What I want to know is, what do people think is the best investment, mana wise, to improve your overrall economy whilst adding to your strength / defence.

For me, hands down it has to be beast lords: +3 mana, very powerful homing/AA attack, incredibly tough and great build options make them a potential game changer. I've broken a huge defensive deadlock with a massive swarm of beastlords many a time, they're just so powerful!

I also rate priests of lihr: +5 mana, healing aura, can walk on water, and in large quantities thier bubble attack can do lots of damage.

I guess most people will say Acolytes, I don't use aramon and they just irritate me, but looking objectively they have some very useful attacks and give +5 mana.

Dark Priests can be useful in large numbers, but I find that because they fly, it can be difficult to stockpile large numbers without them wandering off and getting themselves killed if you are at close quarters with the enemy.

What do you think?
Back to top Go down
$_ARTHAN

$_ARTHAN

PostSubject: Re: Best builder / fighter units.   Best builder / fighter units. EmptyWed Mar 16, 2011 3:20 pm

Nice arcticle, Wafflecakes! I have felt the power of your Beast Lords more than once in online games! However, you forgot to mention that even Shamans in large groups are strong if you make tthem target the same unit. Also, the most powerful combination is that of Creonian Chief Engineers. They can summon Automatons out of dead bodies, they have a strong electrical attack, they can freeze most of the enemy units and they have a long-term stun attack which lets an enemy unit stunned for more than two seconds! What do you think about that, Waffles?
Back to top Go down
Myst

Myst

PostSubject: Re: Best builder / fighter units.   Best builder / fighter units. EmptyWed Mar 16, 2011 4:06 pm

Clay always loved Chief Engineers ^^
Back to top Go down
$_ARTHAN

$_ARTHAN

PostSubject: Re: Best builder / fighter units.   Best builder / fighter units. EmptyWed Mar 16, 2011 6:12 pm

Clay is, unfortunately, a dirty player. I thought he was different, I judged him by his posts and I was wrong. I read the "Clay-is-a-hacker" post and I believe that it is not possible Clay to be right and everyone else to be wrong. Clay was actually pretending the super-player in forums and cheating in reality. He was a fake image after all... Sad
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Best builder / fighter units.   Best builder / fighter units. EmptyWed Mar 16, 2011 6:22 pm

Hacking this game is like a bank thief breaking into a gumball machine. It's extremely easy to do and I suspect several players, even current ones, have done this. The only proof I have is my extensive knowledge of the mathematics pertaining to TA:K. So, if I see something unusual that doesn't add up, I'm generally right.

It's actually one of the many reasons I have stopped playing.

Let's say someone hacks their TA:K units to have 2% additional health and 2% additional damage. You would never know because the margin is so small. I've seen Kirenna crack out 2 more bubbles then she is alotted via her mana pool. If you can think of a mathematical statistic in this game, it can be hacked. Basically it's due to lack of security and client side unregistered and unsecured core game files.

Sage and myself have had a conversation about this about a month before I quit. After learning what I know now and actually witnessing it, I will probably never play again because there's nothing you can do to stop it.

Also speedjacking your Keep or Temple is pathetic.

You are an active poster on these forums. You and I know who you are.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Best builder / fighter units.   Best builder / fighter units. EmptyWed Mar 16, 2011 6:30 pm

Last edited by Ø on Thu Sep 08, 2011 1:37 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Best builder / fighter units.   Best builder / fighter units. EmptyWed Mar 16, 2011 6:32 pm

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Best builder / fighter units.   Best builder / fighter units. EmptyWed Mar 16, 2011 8:07 pm

You have no idea how easy it is to do it, and once you learn, it's very easy to spot.

Knowledge is power, my friend. As far as me pointing someone out in my earlier post, it wasn't you. Also I have 2 witnesses in the event, even the guys team mate.

Please, don't assume that my absence from TA:K being from cheaters is 1/100,000'th the reason. You aren't me, don't put words in my mouth. I have nothing to explain or prove to anyone. However, I did say that people modifying their games was part of the reason, and it has happened and it is happening.

All that is needed is to tunnel an IP or router address to see the opposition client side. However, that is a federal offense. People such as myself have no regard for the law unless it would get us in trouble.

Say what you may and GGing.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Best builder / fighter units.   Best builder / fighter units. EmptyThu Mar 17, 2011 11:52 am

Back to top Go down
angel3b

PostSubject: Re: Best builder / fighter units.   Best builder / fighter units. EmptyThu Mar 17, 2011 1:21 pm

i guess mechanic isnt that bad...
they have a good atack and can freeze units, but they just give +1 mana i suppose
Well as you said most will say acolyte, im one of them.

They can be used in defense and attack.
When you will be attacked they can stone any kind of unit, excluding flyers.
When you cant pass through an imbreakable defense you can send them in a rolling tower that have a great health and with some troops can drop accolyes and erradicate the other base with his third power.
The earthquake its annoying, i hate it.

Nice Topic btw
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Best builder / fighter units.   Best builder / fighter units. EmptyThu Mar 17, 2011 1:49 pm

Last edited by Ø on Thu Sep 08, 2011 1:38 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Wafflecakes_WG

Wafflecakes_WG

PostSubject: Re: Best builder / fighter units.   Best builder / fighter units. EmptyThu Mar 17, 2011 8:48 pm

There's a very easy way to not be affected by cheating, and that is to only play with people who aren't afraid to lose. All the time. Like me. Razz

Anyway, back to the topic in hand:
Yeah, chief engineers are good, but I guess I don't consider them so much because Creon are another race that irritate me. I'm a sanctimonious whiner when it comes to those tarts.

On beast lords, I was certain they gave +3... I will have to check that later.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Best builder / fighter units.   Best builder / fighter units. EmptyThu Mar 17, 2011 8:53 pm

Last edited by Ø on Thu Sep 08, 2011 1:38 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Best builder / fighter units.   Best builder / fighter units. EmptyThu Mar 17, 2011 11:45 pm

The +mana goes by tiers. Cabals, tamers, etc, +1 mana. Lords, Temples, etc, +3 mana. Dark Priest +4.....
Back to top Go down
angel3b

PostSubject: Re: Best builder / fighter units.   Best builder / fighter units. EmptyFri Mar 18, 2011 8:51 am

I never care about losing, but sometimes if we lost +4 the game start to be boring, and i have to take a break lol
But i still want to win...it feels good xD

Cheat never. ^^
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Best builder / fighter units.   Best builder / fighter units. EmptyFri Mar 18, 2011 11:58 am

Last edited by Ø on Thu Sep 08, 2011 1:39 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Best builder / fighter units.   Best builder / fighter units. EmptySat Mar 19, 2011 12:15 am

Once again, I stand corrected.

However... I am already one step ahead of you.

http://kingdoms.heavenforum.org/viewimage.forum?u=http%3A%2F%2Fi23.servimg.com%2Fu%2Ff23%2F15%2F63%2F40%2F67%2Ftarosu10.jpg
Back to top Go down
Wafflecakes_WG

Wafflecakes_WG

PostSubject: Re: Best builder / fighter units.   Best builder / fighter units. EmptySat Mar 19, 2011 9:57 am

Ghouls can cloak? I had no idea!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Best builder / fighter units.   Best builder / fighter units. EmptySat Mar 19, 2011 3:04 pm

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Best builder / fighter units.   Best builder / fighter units. EmptySat Mar 19, 2011 3:05 pm

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Best builder / fighter units.   Best builder / fighter units. EmptySat Mar 19, 2011 6:14 pm

That error has already been pointed out. Those stat sheets have not been finalized.
Back to top Go down
Clay4141

Clay4141

PostSubject: Re: Best builder / fighter units.   Best builder / fighter units. EmptySun Mar 20, 2011 1:49 am

Hatebreeder-DB wrote:
The +mana goes by tiers. Cabals, tamers, etc, +1 mana. Lords, Temples, etc, +3 mana. Dark Priest +4.....

This is not accurate with all the units. Each races units have different set mana +1 +2 +3 +100 +200 +300 for different tiers. Aramons keep has more than Taros temple. (that may not b the case but that is how it is,, i didnt look at the files recently)

This was one of the things I was fixing in my mod.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Best builder / fighter units.   Best builder / fighter units. Empty

Back to top Go down

Best builder / fighter units.
Page 1 of 1