TA: Kingdoms Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to TA: Kingdoms

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

UPDATE: Starting work on this again

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Clay4141

Clay4141

UPDATE: Starting work on this again Empty
PostSubject: UPDATE: Starting work on this again   UPDATE: Starting work on this again EmptyWed Jul 20, 2011 1:22 pm

Original idea: *This mod is for me to do, because I just love TA:K so much. When i need to go to my happy place, I think about TA:K*
New idea: *Small changes to test gameplay flexibility*

Last Version: Incomplete
http://kingdomszone.com/Downloads/Mods/Equinox%20Mod.zip

Original Idea-
A) Balanced mana system including mana jars + new lodestones.(similar to sages)
B) New attacks/ a few new units per race

New Idea-
A) Keep the game as similar as possible as it is now
B) Modify units that are bugged/useless

Original Idea: Each race is to be unique in its own way with its own playstyle and characteristics.
New Idea: Don't change mechanics and gameplay too much. Just expand on what they currently offer.

Aramon
Aramon in my eyes is the most renaissance of all the races. They always made me feel they fit that category because their buildings and defenses resemble castles. Their units consist of humans, mixed in with siege equipment and just for fun a little bit of magic. I feel there are only a few units that are missing to make them almost perfect.

Creon
Creon on the other hand gives me that mechanical feeling. I like to think of Creon by their Tiers. I feel Creons 1st tier is on the low tech side of things. Where as its 4th tier should be pretty epic technology wise. (fire wagons seem primitive, juggernaught is full of power) I always felt they had a lack of units, but still could hold their own. I imagine adding a few units to Creon, but not alot. I like the feeling you get when you play them like you're the "underdog." Of the few I add, they will be a huge improvement.

Each of the monarchs have their own unique ability. Thirsha can fly, Lokken cloak, Kirenna swim, and Elsin res. What does Sage have? Nothing at the moment. We will see about that!

Juggernaught has 3 spells now, which can be selected. Again you need to babysit it to get your 3rd spell.

NEW UNITS
1)Observer- a cheap, weak hot air baloon that adds some sight, and more radar.
2)Sentinel- I plan to add this robot to the mod as a tier 4 unit. He is a killing machine that will probably be compared to the Fallen Angel in strength.

Taros
Everytime I looked at Taros I always felt that sinister feeling; Dark, demonology, the ones who experimented with Mogrium the most (as the Chronicles of Darien stated.) They lived in a gloomy wasteland where death and undead were common things to see and experience on a daily basis, where if you saw a human walk by there was something wrong. Because Taros are the ones who experimented with magic the most, I do believe they should be the ones with the most arcane units. By this I mean, they should have multiple attacks that can be used in differently ways. I also feel they are the sneakiest out of all the races. (not to be confused with mobile) And because of this many of their units can cloak.

Gargoyles can cloak to make it easier to spy on the enemy! Darkhands too, also try to think of Darkhands as improved executioners. I increased their area of effect(yes they had aoe attacks) and now they can hide when they need to! Sneaky! Also they add titan defense aura! Much more useful! Another thing, Taros has always been missing ranged units that attack quickly. So I added a 2nd spell to the firespout that does more damage and attacks quicker. This should help out alot. P.S if ships ever piss you off, remember your Kamikaze rats can swim. Smile

I have ideas for new units for Taros but won't go into details yet. Stay tuned.
1) Volcano- defensive structure Smile

Veruna
I have to say, Veruna was always one of the races that I never caught an eye for. They already dominate the sea, they have so many ships and can actually make a base in the sea if they needed to! I've always imagined them as the average race between all of them. Pretty mobile, efficient but tend to fall off as the game goes on. They have a great defense, and some of their units have pretty good range, but they are not the best at defending, nor are they the best at sieging. Zhon is more mobile, but Veruna always seemed to the the 'cheap' race. They can pull off some pretty quick rushes, and I was thinking of expanding on the idea of Veruna being 'cheap'. Maybe the more economy efficient of the races. They also tend to be mostly water based which is one of the reasons they fall off late game by not having units that can tackle land and protect their mana. So a few ideas I have for Veruna, will be listed below. They will probably be the last race of the 5 I work on.

1) Multiple units that will be able to cross water/land.
2) Units that will provide that mystical feel I get when I think of Veruna.
3) "The Economy Race" - cheap & efficient units
4) Durable end game changing mechanics.

Zhon
Old units + new spells = awesome
New Units
1) Treeant- melee walking tank, capable of transporting units, then cloaking(maybe)
2) Werewolf- new resurection system. Werewolf -> Spirit Wolf -> Risen Wolf
3) Giant Spider- not to be fucked with Smile

Last edited by Clay4141 on Wed Jan 30, 2013 2:56 pm; edited 8 times in total
Back to top Go down
Spellcaster

PostSubject: Re: UPDATE: Starting work on this again   UPDATE: Starting work on this again EmptyWed Dec 21, 2011 2:59 pm

its to bad. this was a really good mod. love the cursed. and the werewolf idea is awesome.
Back to top Go down
$_ARTHAN

$_ARTHAN

PostSubject: Re: UPDATE: Starting work on this again   UPDATE: Starting work on this again EmptySat Jan 28, 2012 7:12 am

Guys, I have played all your mods and they are really awesome! And Clay, congratulations for the Azur, Ethia and Cursed races, and for your Equinox mod in general!
The true problems with the mods are the following:
* 1st) Very few people care for the original game, so even fewer care for the mods.

* 2nd) It is very easy to play the original TA:K & Iron Plague on GameRanger, without even opening ports, but, in order to play mods online, you must do a few tricks with TAK Switcher, and this is not very easy for everyone.

* 3rd) We create mods when we have some glitches to deal with first (I personally don't give a thit for those glitches, but most people do!) such as ghosts of structures which remain for about 10 seconds, the off-screen which flying units do at the top of the map, open gates etc. There are also some balance issues, like Gates in general (the are very cheap, very durable), Wisps (they need some fixing) and Arks (need a small fixing too). I repeat I don't care about it, but most ex-players care. If we don't find a way to fix these, we are not going to bring old players back.

* 4th) Modding is really difficult indeed. Recently, I got the modding programs thanks to Spagg (hpi.viewer, 3DOBuilder, etc.) and I saw how difficult it was to modifly things.

If there were still a lot of people around, then modding would have a true high value. But, since things are like this, we struggle to bring new players to play and to keep the old players active and modding is just a luxury we cannot have.
However, we may put some rules, in order to bring back both old and new players. In TAK World Cup 2012, for example, we may put some tournament rules like no open gates (or no gates at all), no more than 1 trebuchet at a time, not attacking before at least 5 mins have passed, no off-screen, no shadows etc. What do you think about it?

Last edited by IMP_ARTHAN on Sat Apr 14, 2012 7:14 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sage
Lead Designer of The New Era Expansion Project
Sage

PostSubject: Re: UPDATE: Starting work on this again   UPDATE: Starting work on this again EmptySun Sep 15, 2013 3:00 pm

The link is broken! Where can I download this mod?
Back to top Go down
https://takuniverse.webs.com/
$_ARTHAN

$_ARTHAN

PostSubject: Re: UPDATE: Starting work on this again   UPDATE: Starting work on this again EmptySun Sep 15, 2013 5:31 pm

Sage wrote:
The link is broken! Where can I download this mod?
Here you go:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/61724283/TAKrelated/mod/Equinox%20Mod.zip
Back to top Go down
Sage
Lead Designer of The New Era Expansion Project
Sage

PostSubject: Re: UPDATE: Starting work on this again   UPDATE: Starting work on this again EmptySun Sep 15, 2013 7:04 pm

I have it Smile I was waiting for clay to post a new link, and to actually come back to work on it more Smile
Back to top Go down
https://takuniverse.webs.com/
$_ARTHAN

$_ARTHAN

PostSubject: Re: UPDATE: Starting work on this again   UPDATE: Starting work on this again EmptyMon Sep 16, 2013 1:45 am

Sage wrote:
I have it :)I was waiting for clay to post a new link, and to actually come back to work on it more Smile
I just went lmao while reading this!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: UPDATE: Starting work on this again   UPDATE: Starting work on this again Empty

Back to top Go down

UPDATE: Starting work on this again
Page 1 of 1