TA: Kingdoms Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to TA: Kingdoms

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Clean up clan forums + IDEA

Go down 
+9
sharman
$_ARTHAN
DeeKay
Tarosking-DB
angel3b
Bl4ckR4v3N
Capt Savage
Sage
Clay4141
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Clay4141

Clay4141

Clean up clan forums + IDEA Empty
PostSubject: Clean up clan forums + IDEA   Clean up clan forums + IDEA EmptyWed Jul 20, 2011 5:20 pm

Sage:
Can you clean up the clan forums, and put any unactive clans into a subforum called The Graveyard.
Or something?
It would be cool to see which clans are still around and which ones are not.

Also an idea I used to have, which I'm not sure if the guys who still play would do was this...
Combine all the active clans into 2 seperate sides. They can keep their names, but One can represent Honor, and the other Terror. So for instance DB+RX could be Honor and B2k+WG would be Terror.
Each clan could play whatever races they wanted.

As a community you could decide which maps would be played(cd/dc of course), and you could provide a list on the forums of the running maps. Each map would represent a different score. You then pick certain days to play 1 game, or the best of 3 games on the chosen maps; Honor vs Terror. After all the chosen maps have been played, you add up the scores of the games and that faction gets a point. Factions(honor and terror) could then expand faction points to do different things.
Examples: 1 faction point = adding a 3rd party map to the running maps on the forums.
1 faction point = banning a certain unit from the game
2 faction points = picking an opponent and forcing them to play a certain race.
2 faction points = Removing LOS, forcing the screen black for everyone.
etc. etc.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Clean up clan forums + IDEA   Clean up clan forums + IDEA EmptyWed Jul 20, 2011 6:11 pm

Last edited by Ø on Wed Sep 07, 2011 8:22 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Clay4141

Clay4141

PostSubject: Re: Clean up clan forums + IDEA   Clean up clan forums + IDEA EmptyWed Jul 20, 2011 7:12 pm

I'll consider it.

And they are cd/dc maps... Smile

There was a system on boneyards similar to this but it actually had the map and it was a bit different... but thats where I got the idea from.

It was called the Darien Crusades.
Back to top Go down
Sage
Lead Designer of The New Era Expansion Project
Sage

PostSubject: Re: Clean up clan forums + IDEA   Clean up clan forums + IDEA EmptyWed Jul 20, 2011 7:44 pm

I'v been really busy lately. I'll see what I can do. Btw I'v been using a mac, so I don't know how to add a client or tak to it yet.
Back to top Go down
https://takuniverse.webs.com/
Capt Savage

Capt Savage

PostSubject: Re: Clean up clan forums + IDEA   Clean up clan forums + IDEA EmptyWed Jul 20, 2011 8:59 pm

why are you on a mac.... shits weak!
Back to top Go down
Bl4ckR4v3N

PostSubject: Re: Clean up clan forums + IDEA   Clean up clan forums + IDEA EmptyThu Jul 21, 2011 12:44 am

Cant play tak on a mac, you need to dual boot it in windows. I used to have a mac too.
Back to top Go down
angel3b

PostSubject: Re: Clean up clan forums + IDEA   Clean up clan forums + IDEA EmptyThu Jul 21, 2011 10:36 am

i like it...IMP + who??
Make your inscription now and stand besides IMP, the best clan ever lol

Btw. Sage why dont you try a vmware or maybe virtualbox?? that can maybe help you for now until you find another solution. I dont remember very well how to configure the network its been almost 2 years when i use it, but im pretty sure if you google it you will have some answer.
Back to top Go down
Clay4141

Clay4141

PostSubject: Re: Clean up clan forums + IDEA   Clean up clan forums + IDEA EmptyThu Jul 21, 2011 12:25 pm

It will run too slow on virtual software I believe. I've also tried it. Then again Sage is a guru so maybe he can make it work. They made TA work on mac but that took some programming.

Anyways, whos all up for this idea? I'll come back if we get the community involved. And match clans to factions. All I know is IMP and DB are still around. Who else is alive?
Back to top Go down
angel3b

PostSubject: Re: Clean up clan forums + IDEA   Clean up clan forums + IDEA EmptyThu Jul 21, 2011 12:39 pm

I know that b2k have 3 members, maybe 4 not sure. Maybe a clan coming back it will help too, but doesnt depend of me hehe.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Clean up clan forums + IDEA   Clean up clan forums + IDEA EmptyThu Jul 21, 2011 1:44 pm

Back to top Go down
Clay4141

Clay4141

PostSubject: Re: Clean up clan forums + IDEA   Clean up clan forums + IDEA EmptyThu Jul 21, 2011 2:33 pm

I had a semi large clan once. SKD- Sarcred Kingdoms of Darien.

We were very interested in the history of the game itself.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Clean up clan forums + IDEA   Clean up clan forums + IDEA EmptyThu Jul 21, 2011 2:52 pm

Back to top Go down
Clay4141

Clay4141

PostSubject: Re: Clean up clan forums + IDEA   Clean up clan forums + IDEA EmptyThu Jul 21, 2011 2:57 pm

I'm not looking to create my own clan, some people who are clanless could just join each side, as long as its a closely even amount on both sides. And all people involved were ok with playing cd/dc. I like the idea of cd/dc first bc once games are won, then points could be used to add 3rd party maps. Overtime it would give us something more to do, and 3rd party could possibly take over.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Clean up clan forums + IDEA   Clean up clan forums + IDEA EmptyThu Jul 21, 2011 3:07 pm

Back to top Go down
angel3b

PostSubject: Re: Clean up clan forums + IDEA   Clean up clan forums + IDEA EmptyThu Jul 21, 2011 3:20 pm

Well i guess in the end we could pick sizes independent of clan. Maybe clans can make the main size, or we can just let it as terror and honor.

Ex:

B2k - Main of terror and allies

DB - Main of honor and allies

Terror - players

Honor - players

we could also let some players pick neutral, to make a choice with time and sizes trying to convert them. xD

Back to top Go down
Tarosking-DB

PostSubject: Re: Clean up clan forums + IDEA   Clean up clan forums + IDEA EmptyThu Jul 21, 2011 3:24 pm

Kind of a random idea that would go along with this.. but think Risk.

Each side would choose.. maybe 3-4 maps per person on each team. For instance say I chose: Sewers, GW, Alchemist Glen, and Sparkly Bay.
Those would be the maps that anyone could challenge me on. If they win, they take over that map and I would lose it. Once a player has lost all his maps he would be "out" until the game restarted (maybe restart every month). The goal would be for either Terror or Honor to control the majority of the "World of Darien".

And instead of doing game by game faction points, you would be awarded faction points for the next month when it restarts, giving the team who won the prior month an advantage.

You could give a faction point to the individual map leader (whoever has collected and holds the most at the end of the month), give another to the the team who has collected the most. Maybe give one to who defended their own original maps the most successful. And if one team manages to take over the entire world of darien, maybe give them an additional 3 points or something.

Obviously just a rough idea, but I think it could be neat. Obviously it requires active players, which I'm not really sure how many we've currently got. The clan thing I don't think will really work.

Maybe just do a straight up "draft". Faction captains, pick players off a list who are interested. Then allow each player to pick their maps in a similar fashion from a preset list of maps.

Cause I like the idea, and maybe something like this if it could work could bring a little bit of competition back to the game.
Back to top Go down
Clay4141

Clay4141

PostSubject: Re: Clean up clan forums + IDEA   Clean up clan forums + IDEA EmptyThu Jul 21, 2011 3:27 pm

Sounds good to me. Let people pick on their own.

The Darien Crusades
Terror vs Honor

Lets use this as a discussion topic.
Anyone think of rules that would be great to apply/lets discuss!

BTW Sammuel... you're a genius. I love that idea!
Back to top Go down
DeeKay
Administrator
DeeKay

PostSubject: Re: Clean up clan forums + IDEA   Clean up clan forums + IDEA EmptyThu Jul 21, 2011 3:46 pm

can count on me Very Happy

b2k forever ;D

--Edit--

Oh god, now I know how stupid I was... And, not b2k forever now because landherr made me quit it, and then I'd like to make my own "clan" (more prefix than a clan ;/).

DK FOREVER!

Last edited by DK-Manolo on Sat Feb 16, 2013 8:26 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : I didn't really like the b2k clan...)
Back to top Go down
http://alltakdownloads.6te.net/
Tarosking-DB

PostSubject: Re: Clean up clan forums + IDEA   Clean up clan forums + IDEA EmptyThu Jul 21, 2011 3:51 pm

Basically my proposed rules would be:

Beginning precedure:

- Players are nominated and voted upon to become a faction leader by those who wish to be involved.
- Once chosen, faction leader of each side "flip a coin" to decide who picks first.
- They then alternate choosing their teams players until all players have been given their place on one side of the other.
- The faction who chose second in the player draft will begin the map drafting.
- Each player will pick two maps, until all players have picked their first round maps. Then go in reverse picking the 2nd round (two more maps per player), so the second round will start with those who picked last in the first round and work it's way back to the faction leaders who will choose last.

Play:

- Competition will start on the first of the month and will end on the last day of the month.
- Challenges can be issued to any player of the opposing faction. (obviously use a forum for this)
- Requesting a challenge you would simply put the players name and the map you wish to challenge them on.
- If the request is not met within 10 days. The challenged player will automatically lose that map and it will be given to the challenger. (there of course can be reasonable exceptions to this if someone is unable to play for a time for a legitimate reason.)
- All games will be played sudden death style. Not best of 3 or 5. Just one match.
- If you were challenged and lost on that map, you can try to regain it as many times as you'd like throughout the month. You must wait 24 hours to issue a challenge on a map you have lost. To be official, challenges must be posted in the forum. A screenshot from chat would also be acceptable of an agreement, but must be posted on the forum for verification.
- If you challenge someone and beat them on one of their map that player loses that map from his arsenal and it will be added to yours.
- The personal goal is to accumulate as many maps as possible, which will add to your team total.
- Control of the entire world of Darien is the ultimate goal for each team.
**If a player defends any one of his own maps successfully 10 times, the player has the choice to no longer accept challenges on the map, the map will be locked and will officially be controlled for the remainder of the month by whichever faction holds it** (Not sure about this rule??? I think I like it.)

Thats what i've got so far, i've gotta go out to dinner now I'll think of more later... hopefully by the time I get back on tonight others will have contributed to/tweaked this idea. Clay maybe continue with specific guidelines for faction points if you have time?

Back to top Go down
angel3b

PostSubject: Re: Clean up clan forums + IDEA   Clean up clan forums + IDEA EmptyThu Jul 21, 2011 4:08 pm

Pretty good...

"**If a player defends any one of his own maps successfully 10 times, the player has the choice to no longer accept challenges on the map, the map will be locked and will officially be controlled for the remainder of the month by whichever faction holds it** (Not sure about this rule??? I think I like it.)"

I guess is reasonable good, think with me. A army attacking about 10 times a fortress and cant have it, you wouldnt have resources to keep fighting for it all the time. Is more real, btw it would be 10 in a row right?

Until now i guess i agree with everything.
Back to top Go down
Tarosking-DB

PostSubject: Re: Clean up clan forums + IDEA   Clean up clan forums + IDEA EmptyThu Jul 21, 2011 4:14 pm

angel3b wrote:
Pretty good...

"**If a player defends any one of his own maps successfully 10 times, the player has the choice to no longer accept challenges on the map, the map will be locked and will officially be controlled for the remainder of the month by whichever faction holds it** (Not sure about this rule??? I think I like it.)"

I guess is reasonable good, think with me. A army attacking about 10 times a fortress and cant have it, you wouldnt have resources to keep fighting for it all the time. Is more real, btw it would be 10 in a row right?

Until now i guess i agree with everything.

yes 10 in a row
Back to top Go down
angel3b

PostSubject: Re: Clean up clan forums + IDEA   Clean up clan forums + IDEA EmptyThu Jul 21, 2011 4:51 pm

Ok that is good enough i suppose.

I want here declare my position agains the ones who want to bring down in darkness and hate the world of Darien. The honor side will count with me, me Angel3b will help the Honored Warriors of the Light.
Back to top Go down
$_ARTHAN

$_ARTHAN

PostSubject: Re: Clean up clan forums + IDEA   Clean up clan forums + IDEA EmptyThu Jul 21, 2011 5:01 pm

I, the one known as ARTHANASIOS, the greatest noob in the galaxy, will put my differences with my nemesis(angel3b) aside and I will fight with the HONORED banner against the tyrants of TERROR. For the Honor!!!!!!! sunny sunny sunny sunny sunny
Back to top Go down
Clay4141

Clay4141

PostSubject: Re: Clean up clan forums + IDEA   Clean up clan forums + IDEA EmptyThu Jul 21, 2011 5:04 pm

I agree with all of Sammael's rules so far.

Maybe we should change that last rule from 10 to 5 or 6. (consecutive wins as angel stated)
I like the idea alot tho.

And I'll talk about the faction points more later. (at work)

I also like the dodgeball style picking of the teams. Anyone have any issues with this?

Back to top Go down
angel3b

PostSubject: Re: Clean up clan forums + IDEA   Clean up clan forums + IDEA EmptyThu Jul 21, 2011 5:08 pm

Clay4141 wrote:
I agree with all of Sammael's rules so far.

Maybe we should change that last rule from 10 to 5 or 6. (consecutive wins as angel stated)
I like the idea alot tho.

And I'll talk about the faction points more later. (at work)

I also like the dodgeball style picking of the teams. Anyone have any issues with this?

I guess we dont. So far we are already doing it Razz

Edit. About the 10 games in a row. Is safely see how much ppl will play once that we must await 24 hours to challenge in same map.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Clean up clan forums + IDEA   Clean up clan forums + IDEA Empty

Back to top Go down

Clean up clan forums + IDEA
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next