TA: Kingdoms Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to TA: Kingdoms

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

League of Legends

Go down 
+3
Myst
$_Spagg
TF-Lord-hawk-claw
7 posters
AuthorMessage
TF-Lord-hawk-claw

TF-Lord-hawk-claw

League of Legends Empty
PostSubject: League of Legends   League of Legends EmptySun Jan 29, 2012 3:44 pm

Soooo does anyone here play it? if so are there any champs like a TAK mon? or a special TAK unit like a weather witch? or anything lol.
Back to top Go down
$_Spagg

$_Spagg

League of Legends Empty
PostSubject: Re: League of Legends   League of Legends EmptySun Jan 29, 2012 6:47 pm

I do play L.O.L

And theres no unit like a tak mon cuz there is no wave, and about the witch.. Nop Razz

Tak is unique
Back to top Go down
TF-Lord-hawk-claw

TF-Lord-hawk-claw

League of Legends Empty
PostSubject: Re: League of Legends   League of Legends EmptySun Jan 29, 2012 11:26 pm

ohh well. one could hope :/
Back to top Go down
Myst

Myst

League of Legends Empty
PostSubject: Re: League of Legends   League of Legends EmptyMon Jan 30, 2012 5:26 am

yeah it seems LoL killed IMP.
Angel, Pacheo - US server
Joker & me - West

(blame Angel he is leader ^^)
Back to top Go down

League of Legends Empty
PostSubject: Re: League of Legends   League of Legends EmptyMon Jan 30, 2012 5:12 pm

You guys are soooooo short on time... Myst I know how much you love me but you don't have to take it as far as changing your nickname Very Happy

You used to be in RX, you played with BLACKNITE (or something) and you know that title belongs to him hands down
Back to top Go down
Clay4141

Clay4141

League of Legends Empty
PostSubject: Re: League of Legends   League of Legends EmptyThu Feb 09, 2012 6:04 pm

I play LoL on US, Khandran.

Gotta take TA:K lore with me wherever I go.
And for anyone who might argue or confuse the name with someone who uses that name on TAK, I used that on GSA long ago, but I believe Kaiser or someone used it within the past 2-3 years on warzone. =X

I also started playing StarCraft 2. If anyone plays that hit me up on here.

We really should start a universal clan of the remaining players of TAK + friends(like me) and merge TOGETHER into other games such as LOL SC2 and others.... D3? Even if were on different servers, well its best to keep in touch with eachother. And keeping our TA:K roots is key......

Could easily call it something generic, or give thanks to our roots. Kingdom of Darien for ex. KoD. Anyone like the idea? Sure we might have some problems amongst members however.... holding grudges over love is so lame Smile And lets be honest... we have some pretty awesome love here..... Were like a family. A strange fucked up family. And I love you guys Smile

Inb4 clays gay =P
Back to top Go down
$_ARTHAN

$_ARTHAN

League of Legends Empty
PostSubject: Re: League of Legends   League of Legends EmptyThu Feb 09, 2012 6:41 pm

Clay4141 wrote:
I play LoL on US, Khandran.

Gotta take TA:K lore with me wherever I go.
And for anyone who might argue or confuse the name with someone who uses that name on TAK, I used that on GSA long ago, but I believe Kaiser or someone used it within the past 2-3 years on warzone. =X

I also started playing StarCraft 2. If anyone plays that hit me up on here.

We really should start a universal clan of the remaining players of TAK + friends(like me) and merge TOGETHER into other games such as LOL SC2 and others.... D3? Even if were on different servers, well its best to keep in touch with eachother. And keeping our TA:K roots is key......

Could easily call it something generic, or give thanks to our roots. Kingdom of Darien for ex. KoD. Anyone like the idea? Sure we might have some problems amongst members however.... holding grudges over love is so lame Smile And lets be honest... we have some pretty awesome love here..... Were like a family. A strange fucked up family. And I love you guys Smile

Inb4 clays gay =P

Or... we can stop spending so much time in games like League of Legends and StarCraft 2, we can start playing Total Annihilation: Kingdoms again, create some decent, strategic, good-looking maps while erasing crappy ones, we can create a few more mods for balancing and finishing the existing ones and, finally, to spread the word that TA:K is as alive as ever and new or old players should start massively playing online, as the good old days! Very Happy king queen jocolor Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down

League of Legends Empty
PostSubject: Re: League of Legends   League of Legends EmptyThu Feb 09, 2012 9:20 pm

Clays gay.

Whats your SC2 realID?

Back to top Go down

League of Legends Empty
PostSubject: Re: League of Legends   League of Legends EmptyFri Feb 10, 2012 2:23 pm

IMP_ARTHAN wrote:
Or... we can stop spending so much time in games like League of Legends and StarCraft 2, we can start playing Total Annihilation: Kingdoms again, create some decent, strategic, good-looking maps while erasing crappy ones, we can create a few more mods for balancing and finishing the existing ones and, finally, to spread the word that TA:K is as alive as ever and new or old players should start massively playing online, as the good old days! Very Happy king queen jocolor Twisted Evil
...and then you woke up and cried as you realized it's impossible Razz

Mods and maps aren't gonna save TAK. Patch 5.0, better multiplayer support, better forum support, new sites, better and easier availability of downloads, videos, images and stuff. Along with a lot of word spreading. And I don't think that's even enough lol
Back to top Go down
$_Spagg

$_Spagg

League of Legends Empty
PostSubject: Re: League of Legends   League of Legends EmptyFri Feb 10, 2012 5:38 pm

I loved the idea of a universal clan

And KoD is a good name
Back to top Go down
$_ARTHAN

$_ARTHAN

League of Legends Empty
PostSubject: Re: League of Legends   League of Legends EmptyMon Feb 13, 2012 6:58 am

Game Over wrote:
IMP_ARTHAN wrote:
...and then you woke up and cried as you realized it's impossible Razz

Mods and maps aren't gonna save TAK. Patch 5.0, better multiplayer support, better forum support, new sites, better and easier availability of downloads, videos, images and stuff. Along with a lot of word spreading. And I don't think that's even enough lol

Well, what about MODDED MAPS then? They can be created easily and they can be played instanlty on GameRanger or everywhere else like normal maps do. Modded maps just change the unit building mechanics and they can enable you to build the units of another race if that race is present on the map. Take as example my maps modded by Spagg with my mod. They were fun and a nice change to TAK routine (not that I find original completely unmodded TAK boring, but some people do, unfortunately...) and they are very easy to made.
If we get rid of very bad maps and spread the world of TAK being alive we will bring some new players. However, if we keep in harassing the newbies with rushes and we play against them with our full techniques (fast expand, gate building, ghost creating, off-screen aerial strikes, destructive roc or ghost ship assaults), then they will certainly quit playing TAK! It is better to throw away advanced tactics and early game rushes and to focus on a more slow paced and less agressive game in order to keep them with us.
Back to top Go down

League of Legends Empty
PostSubject: Re: League of Legends   League of Legends EmptyMon Feb 13, 2012 1:15 pm

LoL is actually pretty cool. I've been playing on it with Joker and Myst for a few days now.

If you're bored give this a shot on EU West server.
Back to top Go down
$_ARTHAN

$_ARTHAN

League of Legends Empty
PostSubject: Re: League of Legends   League of Legends EmptyMon Feb 13, 2012 3:07 pm

Hatebreeder-DB wrote:
LoL is actually pretty cool. I've been playing on it with Joker and Myst for a few days now.

If you're bored give this a shot on EU West server.

I know LoL many years now and I know what type of game it is and how it looks like. I don't claim LoL is a bad game, I just claim TA:Kingdoms is a billion times better! I am a PC gamer since I was five years old, I have played an unlimited number of video games and honestly I believe LoL is one of the most overestimated games ever. TAK is my second best game and the best RTS I have ever played, hands down! I have played a lot of Age of Empires, AoE 3 and Warcraft 2, some Warcraft 3 and Starcraft, I have spent unlimited hours on Age of Empires 2 and Age of Mythology and many-many other RTS games, but nothing can even reach the awesomeness of TA:Kingdoms! By the time I have played its Demo version, I understood how amazing and different of the rest it was! I can't see how no-one knows it and everyone who plays it says it sucks, omg! If their minds are still too primordial in order to understand the TAK awesomeness, it is not the fault of TAK!
Becuase of this, I won't play LoL, I prefer to play TAK versus AI rather than play LoL online. I also don't get why everyone advertise this far inferior game (in comparison with TA:Kingdoms always) on this site and try to get more players for it.
That's my honest opininon and I am sorry if I have insulted anyone in here...
Back to top Go down

League of Legends Empty
PostSubject: Re: League of Legends   League of Legends EmptyMon Feb 13, 2012 4:48 pm

Modded maps have been made and used since long ago. Yeah it is interesting, I just meant that creating maps may not save TA:K, especially because there are already tons of them and, if anything, you just need to organize and publish the existing ones.

By the way, who's harassing the newbies?
Back to top Go down
$_Spagg

$_Spagg

League of Legends Empty
PostSubject: Re: League of Legends   League of Legends EmptyMon Feb 13, 2012 5:15 pm

Luck?
He is totally ignorant with any noob

Junior?
Same as luck

Me?
I dont like thyago and his gang

There are many others
Back to top Go down
Joker

Joker

League of Legends Empty
PostSubject: Re: League of Legends   League of Legends EmptyMon Feb 13, 2012 6:43 pm

I HATE NOOBIES THEY MAKE ME LOSE

LMFAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Back to top Go down
$_ARTHAN

$_ARTHAN

League of Legends Empty
PostSubject: Re: League of Legends   League of Legends EmptyMon Feb 13, 2012 7:05 pm

Game Over wrote:
Modded maps have been made and used since long ago. Yeah it is interesting, I just meant that creating maps may not save TA:K, especially because there are already tons of them and, if anything, you just need to organize and publish the existing ones.

Does anyone of you guys have all the TAK maps ever created and played widely online (both modded and unmodded ones)? What if we make a cleanup of maps then? There must be tons of garbage maps (and with garbage, I mean FULLY TRULLY BAD MAPS!!!) and I've read on this site that a cleanup process was taken some time ago. Do you know if that process was ever completed?
Here's the link of the past process of map cleaning:
http://kingdoms.heavenforum.org/t394-map-info#6922

{By the way, good one Joker! jocolor }
Back to top Go down
Myst

Myst

League of Legends Empty
PostSubject: Re: League of Legends   League of Legends EmptyTue Feb 14, 2012 5:44 am

my dear friends. It amazes me every time what you write. Your naivete in this that this game can repeat their golden age. But do not judge it wrong - I just have long since lost all hope. Know that I tried already to what you now with spagg - rebuild, reconnect with old players. It was some time ago. Now I gave up. Yes, I know I could just play with you no matter - each additional player that matters, but - maybe it strange for you and others (you know who) will see it as a reluctance to play because I lack the courage or skill, but to me this game is just bored. Perhaps not surprising because as the game can get boring after 10 years! (sarcasm) I think I will come back to me times when I start playing again. I will add more - I'm sure it will happen. However, this is not a reason to overcome my boredom this game. Sometimes, just to return to your favorite games. I think everyone needs a break sometimes. So I say to you - I will come back, perhaps sooner than some think
Back to top Go down
$_ARTHAN

$_ARTHAN

League of Legends Empty
PostSubject: Re: League of Legends   League of Legends EmptyTue Feb 14, 2012 6:54 am

myst wrote:
my dear friends. It amazes me every time what you write. Your naivete in this that this game can repeat their golden age. But do not judge it wrong - I just have long since lost all hope. Know that I tried already to what you now with spagg - rebuild, reconnect with old players. It was some time ago. Now I gave up. Yes, I know I could just play with you no matter - each additional player that matters, but - maybe it strange for you and others (you know who) will see it as a reluctance to play because I lack the courage or skill, but to me this game is just bored. Perhaps not surprising because as the game can get boring after 10 years! (sarcasm) I think I will come back to me times when I start playing again. I will add more - I'm sure it will happen. However, this is not a reason to overcome my boredom this game. Sometimes, just to return to your favorite games. I think everyone needs a break sometimes. So I say to you - I will come back, perhaps sooner than some think

I know how you feel, Myst, cause I have felt with the same way countless times. However, I respresent a new generation of TAK players and it is my duty to do my best to keep and expand the TAK awesomeness around the world. Your generation have done its best for this game and now it is my turn and I give whatever I got to ressurect this "dead" game. If people like me and Spagg and Landherr and everyone like us stops trying, then TAK will die for sure. But if we keep trying, then we will be here to introduce any new player who happens to pass by this site. If we leave, then that new player will find the scenery completely empty, and that's what I will call pure "Game Over" for TAK!

Last edited by IMP_ARTHAN on Tue Feb 14, 2012 5:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Myst

Myst

League of Legends Empty
PostSubject: Re: League of Legends   League of Legends EmptyTue Feb 14, 2012 7:42 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KnIdLB2hZxU
its like awaking old players. Old players thinks they are old, best but they are weak.
If you know this movie Viktor (old vampire) loose fight.
lmao. Its just a joke
Back to top Go down
$_ARTHAN

$_ARTHAN

League of Legends Empty
PostSubject: Re: League of Legends   League of Legends EmptyTue Feb 14, 2012 8:20 am

myst wrote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KnIdLB2hZxU
its like awaking old players. Old players thinks they are old, best but they are weak.
If you know this movie Viktor (old vampire) loose fight.
lmao. Its just a joke

I know the Underworld movies, nice and atmospheric, however I don't get the joke here and the relation with the old TAK players. The truth is I am more interested in new, yourger than us players, since they have much more free time and joy to play a recently-discovered 13 yeas-old game, rather than the old players who may have been tired of TAK or lacking the free time to play because of family/work duties etc. I found Dextrer, for example, some time ago on WarZone. He had the first TA:Kingdoms without the expansion pack, but I invited him in our community and showed him where to download the Ultimate TAK Pack. Since he wasn't able to play on Gameranger, we had a match on Warzone, I won of course but I wasn't a dick on him. He hasn't appeared again, however this must be mainly because he is still practicing with the new Creon race and with the very difficult Iron Plague Campaign, so when he finishes it he will come back for sure!

There are plenty of people who have played TAK only against AI and they are eager to play TAK online. Just search the various sites! Here are some common messages:

"I still have this game on my computer,and i like it alot!"
- A comment on Total Annihilation Kingdoms: The Movie (1999,Cavedog/Humongous) uploaded on YouTube

"Thank you for uploading this and the TA:K The Movie. It's good to see there are still other dedicated fans of this game!"
- A comment on Total Annihilation Kingdoms: The Iron Plague: The Movie (Complete, HD) 2000 Cavedog on YouTube

"Total Annihilation: Kingdoms computer AI
I've been playing this awesome strategy game for a while, and I've noticed that the computer components (both in the campaign and the skirmish) are retards. Anyone have an idea if there's anything I can do to up the AI? As it is now, I must have 3 computer opponents against me to make it slightly challenging.. It's a really old game, and from what I've read from reviews and such, TAK isn't very popular, so I really don't expect it to be played online, being almost 10 years old and all."

- A thread in forums.ngemu.com

"I picked up Total Annihilation: Kingdoms a few months ago, back when it was first released. For the week after I got it, I played a lot. It seemed like a fun game, but not anything more than another RTS set in a fantasy environment. I then quit playing and stacked the game CD on top of all my other old game CD's that I never play anymore. For some reason though, I keep coming back to TA Kingdoms.
Every time I play it seems like a find some new feature that I didn't know about before. I am constantly finding new strategies. I am actually exploring the strengths and weaknesses of each unit. The game engine and graphics are great, but nothing earth shattering. What keeps me coming back are the little things. The attention to detail is what brings a game from a "one week and then trash it" game to the "play it over and over just because its fun" type of game."

-www.swordplay.net

"I always preffered TA: Kingdoms, but i think i was the only one."

- Doitpow user in http://www.escapistmagazine.com

"My Top 10 Games:
1. Super Mario Kart (also Mario Kart 64)
2. FFVII
3. Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory
4. Donkey Kong Country
5. Bioshock
6. Total Annihilation: Kingdoms
7. Half life
8. Super Mario 3
9. Turok 64
10. Halo"

- jkkyler user in http://www.highdefforum.com

And these are just a few of all those who love TAK a lot but they don't know people still play it online. There are also people who love it but they are afraid to speak freely because they will be flamed by other RTS gamers, especially by those arrogant TAers who think they know anything about RTS and that TA:K is shit! They should really shut their foul mouths!
We have to inform these users that they are not the only ones who love TAK and we still play on GameRanger! Do you think that people play WoW or LoL because they are awesome games? Give me a break! They play them because they are highly advertised and everyone thinks these are the only games played online! It is about marketing and not about quality, since TAK's quality is a hundrent times better!
There is still hope, Myst! There is always hope! We don't have to adverstise a bad game like anyone thinks, but the greatest RTS of all time. Universe itself is with our side!!!
Back to top Go down

League of Legends Empty
PostSubject: Re: League of Legends   League of Legends EmptyTue Feb 14, 2012 5:01 pm

myst wrote:
(you know who)
IMP_Arthan wrote:
Lander
IMP_Arthan wrote:
Game Over
It's clear that I don't make arguments up from nowhere. I could very well answer all that with the same tone, maybe giving indirects. But I don't care as much as before, and I don't have to reinforce what's already a fact: things got a bit better, but they couldn't get even better for the reasons myst mentioned and deny, not because they are bored of TA:K or anything else. If it was true they wouldn't even come here after all.

IMP_Arthan wrote:
...we had a match on Warzone, I won of course but I wasn't a dick on him. He hasn't appeared again, however this must be mainly because he is still practicing with the new Creon race and with the very difficult Iron Plague Campaign, so when he finishes it he will come back for sure!
...or he must be playing another game. Older players being a dick to new players is an exception. Newbies leave because they want more rooms, because they want to play with another newbies, etc. They will lose motivation instantly after losing to a experienced player, especially if they don't find fast means to learn and be able to win soon. There are exceptions though, like those who really like the game and don't give up after some defeats.

About your text Arthan, wow where did you dig up all that. It amazes me because our concepts of being busy are really different lol, when I was really busy I didn't even care about or thought about TA:K for years.

And before you start saying how I'm stressed and trying to start argument, let me repeat somethings. People mention me negatively but they don't like when I answer (maybe it's you guys who should cool down, look at the mirror and start having fun). More importantly, I have never been so relaxed in this forum before, especially because I don't expect or work for the good things as before. I tried to get what we used to have long ago, many players, support and competition. That's what makes a RTS game big. Anything else helps, but isn't essential. So if it doesn't happen, no problem. If it happens, cool. I'm not as eager as before.

So if myst is playing or not, if old players will play or not, who cares. It's just... whatever. So don't worry anymore about what I think when you guys quit, I don't even play online anymore.
Back to top Go down
Myst

Myst

League of Legends Empty
PostSubject: Re: League of Legends   League of Legends EmptyTue Feb 14, 2012 5:26 pm

myst wrote:
my dear friends
sorry but this was message to Arthan and other friends. I am not going to argue with you.
It seems that you know my thoughts and my mind better than I do. I am happy with that.
Back to top Go down

League of Legends Empty
PostSubject: Re: League of Legends   League of Legends EmptyTue Feb 14, 2012 5:32 pm

Use PM. And I'm not arguing I just answered what you started with an indirect.

There's a difference between what you think and what you write. And you wrote horseshit crap. You never minded playing 2v2 with Joker as you partner. But when not even that made you win you quit. Hypocrite polak piece of shit.
Back to top Go down
LordCheetah

LordCheetah

League of Legends Empty
PostSubject: Re: League of Legends   League of Legends EmptyThu Apr 19, 2012 11:05 am

Hey there guys Smile

I been playing a shitload of LoL.

On EU West: Franske82
On US: TheGaslampKiller

i used to play on US allot but i prefer EU lv22 there so far.

Just add me Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

League of Legends Empty
PostSubject: Re: League of Legends   League of Legends Empty

Back to top Go down

League of Legends
Page 1 of 1