TA: Kingdoms Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to TA: Kingdoms

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Is It Still Alive?

Go down 
+4
Lord ZacDom
$_Spagg
$_ARTHAN
Sage
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Sage
Lead Designer of The New Era Expansion Project
Sage

Is It Still Alive? Empty
PostSubject: Is It Still Alive?   Is It Still Alive? EmptyMon Feb 13, 2012 8:16 pm

Is it and where? Give me details of what has become of tak. How many players, etc.. I have a friend at work who used to play ta. He went to college for animation and said he could finish the 3d models for tak. This would only happen if it's really worth it and not another wasted project. Do we at least have a lobby? I use a hackintosh, so I might have trouble getting tak to work again, but it might be possible with the 'wine' application.

KM-Sage
Back to top Go down
https://takuniverse.webs.com/
$_ARTHAN

$_ARTHAN

Is It Still Alive? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is It Still Alive?   Is It Still Alive? EmptyMon Feb 13, 2012 8:25 pm

Dear Sage, the truth is we are not as many as previous years, but there were times we were much less too! We are playing on GameRanger and we are trying to bring more players to TAK (both old and new) and the community was somewhat successful on it. We have pretty good matches on saturdays-sundays and we are less but still active during the week! Personally, I try to help Spagg with his site and I try to keep the TA:K Community alive as best I can.
Nice hearing from you, Sage, after so long! Long live TAK!!
Back to top Go down
$_Spagg

$_Spagg

Is It Still Alive? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is It Still Alive?   Is It Still Alive? EmptyTue Feb 14, 2012 11:24 am

Yes I believe it is still alive

There are games happening on GameRanger, especially on saturdays (last Saturday we had 2 finished 4v4s)

Some 3v3s and 2v2s are also played during the week

Thats not like the golden years but its still alive

Also b2k_Henrique is trying to make a new mod to ballance tak
Back to top Go down
Lord ZacDom

Lord ZacDom

Is It Still Alive? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is It Still Alive?   Is It Still Alive? EmptyThu Jan 03, 2013 9:10 pm

Is TA:K less or more alive than the time of this topic????
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/zac.domrase
Nailo

Nailo

Is It Still Alive? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is It Still Alive?   Is It Still Alive? EmptyThu Jan 03, 2013 11:57 pm

Well considering time and TA:K are nothing more than objects of reference. I'd have to say they are both as dead as the unliving can be Wink joking aside, I never would have known about TA:K except for when I was a kid and the commerical advertising it was still around. The game is no where near dead I'll say that much, but has no one ever tried recording your games and puting them up on youtube, perhaps with some commentary? I've seen very few vids of actual gameplay for TA:K. The few I did see was a long 3 v 3 match split into 5 parts without commentary. I feel like posting more videos of the actual gameplay will help some.
Back to top Go down
http://mediagathering.webs.com
$ MalinOMW

$ MalinOMW

Is It Still Alive? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is It Still Alive?   Is It Still Alive? EmptyFri Jan 04, 2013 5:39 am

Lord ZacDom wrote:
Is TA:K less or more alive than the time of this topic????

on february (last/almost this year) TA:k i think was less alive than now

but comparing to some years (2008-2010 or even 2011 summer) ago now is worse than that time

ya youtube can help a little, but fraps i dont have that space disc ;(
Back to top Go down
Lord ZacDom

Lord ZacDom

Is It Still Alive? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is It Still Alive?   Is It Still Alive? EmptyFri Jan 04, 2013 9:02 am

If we had decent recording devices we could put more on youtube, But with programs like fraps 10MB=1sec... and for games that last longer than an hour that could be a huge burden on your systems memory
Back to top Go down

Is It Still Alive? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is It Still Alive?   Is It Still Alive? EmptyFri Jan 04, 2013 9:34 am

Well TAK has always been dead that's no news.

I think there is a few videos with commentaries made by Double. He would probably beat many of you guys here with that in Sewers.

I used to make vids, a lot of people watched it and some of them came back from a long break knowing a lot of stuff that only became popular after those vids. But I stopped making them as I lost motivation to see niggers learning from me and later talking shit about me lol. I used FRAPS and converted with Windows Movie Maker.

OMW, TAK has always gradually got worse over the years. A few events would accelerate the process but they it would soon balance out. Today it's so easy to download TAK and play online anywhere without opening ports or forwarding firewall, the only thing that stops many people is the factor LANDHERR who no one puts up a fight in 1v1.

TAK was quite dead at 2007-2008 mainly because of 6t6 afkers. Came back around 2008-2009 with Warzone as 6t6s stopped bothering. Then many wanna bes came back thinking they had a chance now. THat's when Savage and Joker (RX-Dissekeur who sucked in GSA) rose up. I heard they still got owned by Dos and Kaiser. Hatebreeder always tried but always sucked unfortunately, so he never got there not even for a moment.

Late 2010 Joker was alone in WZ since he was the best TD and probably the best of the active WZ guys. I came back, then he helped me when I logged in WZ. We played games but he was always scared of 1v1 cos I was always confident. He did beat me a couple games in my 1st or 2nd week, still he lost games too. 3rd week+ he lost several 1v1 games consecutives and soon quitted TAK. Many bad players who thought they were good (clay, hatebreeder, etc) rage quitted too.

Late 2011 (or early 2012 idk) I wasn't playing TAK that's when more people came back, I heard of an interesting event, clay came back with some others and Spagg was owning by the time, they asked if Spagg was me lol. Joker got owned by Rachy and thought that Rachy was me, got owned by Choi and thought that Choi was me. July of 2012 there was ok number of players, a lot of smurfs of course from the same active(s) player(s), what just stopped when I started played games and I'd win alone 3v3s and 4v4s, then smurfs stopped bringing activity, pussys left too.

People consider that whoever displays skills might be Landherr. THat's like a synonym since I came back. Because I'm not your average \"***\" kicker from GSA, people who couldn't beat good players from today like any 6t6 (e.g. Kaiser who sucks and would lose to Mimic).

That's current 2012-2013. A lot of smurfs, there is a lot more players than WZ but u can't see them all in GR cos u'd need to add everyone to your friend list. Today people are too shit scared of me and pass more time worrying about smurfs than playing.

Since 2006, worse TAK's time was definitely early 2008 and late 2010. Nowhere worse than it is today, I thought I should make that clear since people LOVE to make excuses.

Well, just laying some knowledge on you guys what this is all about.
Back to top Go down
$_ARTHAN

$_ARTHAN

Is It Still Alive? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is It Still Alive?   Is It Still Alive? EmptyFri Jan 04, 2013 9:42 am

And what about new players without great TAK experience join us?
And what about old players returning back and playing co-op scripts versus the AI (that way, their ego is not going to got hurt)?
Just asking...

Btw, what about making videos of, let's say, 3 mins long showing a few core moments of TAK gameplay but with great graphics resolution (more than 1200 x 720)? That way, they're not going to be long...
Back to top Go down

Is It Still Alive? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is It Still Alive?   Is It Still Alive? EmptyFri Jan 04, 2013 9:55 am

Best Ever wrote:
Nowhere worse than it is today.
Lol that was wrongly worded, heads too fucked up right now. I meant:

Today is nowhere worse than it was in early 2008 and late 2010.
Back to top Go down
Nailo

Nailo

Is It Still Alive? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is It Still Alive?   Is It Still Alive? EmptyFri Jan 04, 2013 12:25 pm

Well if no one else's comp can handle it I suppose I could do the videos. Also, does anyone know who Sinvigor is or was? He's the one I saw with a massive video split into 5 parts. Best Ever, lol, is that why you thought I was a smurf too? I still remember that cause I had to spend 5 minutes looking up what the heck smurf meant Smile And could someone tell me who Landherr is? or was? So are the people you listed above considered to be at a pro level. Hatebreeder, joker, Kaiser Choi, Rachy, and Landherr. Hmmmm perhaps i should ask instead, what pros are active around this time, I've not enough experience in the multiplayer scene yet to separate what pro level play is vs. regular lower level play
Back to top Go down

Is It Still Alive? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is It Still Alive?   Is It Still Alive? EmptyFri Jan 04, 2013 1:06 pm

You talk too much , never play , i dont remember having called u smurf if i did it was long ago and if you care is because... lol

hatebreeder isn't pro except sewers he is ok at.

lol just looked at ur old posts, u still wonder why i called u smurf? it was 1 year ago, and i did it with another nickname, but you remember it. It was in the same posts u find out I am Landherr, now you ask who's Landherr. But you didn't forget about the smurf thing

That's convenient and smurfs love to do that
Back to top Go down
$ MalinOMW

$ MalinOMW

Is It Still Alive? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is It Still Alive?   Is It Still Alive? EmptyFri Jan 04, 2013 1:53 pm

IMP_ARTHAN wrote:
Btw, what about making videos of, let's say, 3 mins long showing a few core moments of TAK gameplay but with great graphics resolution (more than 1200 x 720)? That way, they're not going to be long...

even whole game its still "hot"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eu2ZU2FC4Vw&feature=youtu.be
Back to top Go down
Nailo

Nailo

Is It Still Alive? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is It Still Alive?   Is It Still Alive? EmptyFri Jan 04, 2013 2:17 pm

Best ever, my apologies, Yes I remember you calling me a smurf, and I think I remember your previous name being Best TA:K Player. I forgot you said you were Landherr, and unfortunatly its not very convient for me. I'm human Best Ever, I do make mistakes. Do I still wonder about the smurf thing, not that much to be honest, your opinion is your opinion. But I'm not a fan of picking fights or making enemies and I'd rather we were friends than otherwise.

Yes I do talk alot and don't do alot of playing, that admittably is because while I enjoy Kingdoms, I'm also busy with college or I'm just playing a different game. Starcraft and Kingdoms are 2 of my fav games but I spend more time playing with family members on lans than i do on the multi-player scene. However, i digress, I'm done defending myself to you, if you truly wanted to know whether or not I was a smurf, all you need do is go into gameranger, click on my name, and watch as gameranger shows you where I am. My gameranger Nickname and ID is Nailo if you wish to see for yourself.

I posted a thank you on youtube Malin for the excellent TA:K video

Back to top Go down

Is It Still Alive? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is It Still Alive?   Is It Still Alive? EmptyFri Jan 04, 2013 2:59 pm

K pal fact is we're discussing about what happened 1 year because you care tons, otherwise we'd have no issue here

As i said i don't care if you are a smurf, i just say they are here and they love to bring shit up
Back to top Go down
hanorotu

Is It Still Alive? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is It Still Alive?   Is It Still Alive? EmptySun Jan 06, 2013 2:09 pm

TA:K Will never die, I will stop in from time to time. I'm not all that good but I've been playing for about 4 years now on and off.
Back to top Go down
Lord ZacDom

Lord ZacDom

Is It Still Alive? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is It Still Alive?   Is It Still Alive? EmptySun Jan 06, 2013 7:04 pm

If you would like to play we are playing on gameranger
Back to top Go down
A-train-DB

A-train-DB

Is It Still Alive? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is It Still Alive?   Is It Still Alive? EmptyMon Jan 07, 2013 12:40 pm

There was over 10 online at one time yesterday.
Back to top Go down

Is It Still Alive? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is It Still Alive?   Is It Still Alive? EmptyMon Jan 07, 2013 11:51 pm

10 that you have on your friends.

There was 7 at one room at a point, plus people waiting, then include afkers and "invisibles" and people you dont know. 10 get on all the time, weekends this number is often surpassed by far.

Could be greater number if many people didn't log in and off just for a moment... people never minded "afking" in gsa
Back to top Go down
$_ARTHAN

$_ARTHAN

Is It Still Alive? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is It Still Alive?   Is It Still Alive? EmptyWed Jan 09, 2013 1:17 pm

hanorotu wrote:
TA:K Will never die, I will stop in from time to time. I'm not all that good but I've been playing for about 4 years now on and off.

If you're afraid of your skill, you can still play co-operative multiplayer scripts online. People united battle against strong AI(s) there and you can become better that way and have some serious fun. Wink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Is It Still Alive? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is It Still Alive?   Is It Still Alive? Empty

Back to top Go down

Is It Still Alive?
Page 1 of 1