TA: Kingdoms Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to TA: Kingdoms

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New player in need of assistance

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Taraknis

New player in need of assistance Empty
PostSubject: New player in need of assistance   New player in need of assistance EmptyTue Apr 17, 2012 9:38 pm

Hey guys! I'm new to the community, I used to play this game, a long time ago.
I saw the ultimate Tak thingy, and downloaded it, but I'm still in doubt, as I couldn't find an unified solution to this:
As a new player - what should I download, and what steps should I follow to join you guys online and play with ya'?
Thanks in advance!
Back to top Go down
$_ARTHAN

$_ARTHAN

PostSubject: Re: New player in need of assistance   New player in need of assistance EmptyWed Apr 18, 2012 3:24 am

Dear Taraknis,
The steps for playing Total Annihilation: Kingdoms online (and offline) are actually pretty straightforward. Here they are:

1st)
Download the Lord-Hawk-Claw's Ultimate TAK Pack from the following link:

http://kingdomszone.com/Downloads/Mods/Ultimate%20TAK%20Pack%20v1.0.exe

2nd)
After downloading it start the installation of the Ultimate TAK Pack and a folder with the name "Cavedoggy" will be created (the directory of this folder must be hard disk C:\ and I think you cannot change it at all).

3rd)
The Cavedoggy folder includes a lot of different installs (a TAK version 3 install, a TAK 4.1BB patch update, a TAK Switcher version 1 install, a WarZone client install and a few more applications). These installs are actually activated automatically after the UTAKPack's installation and you have to install the TAK version 3 first and then TAK Patch 4.1BB (without the latest patch you won't be able to play online), there are also installs for WarZone client and TAK Switcher, but these are optional. In case you accidentally installed the 4.1BB patch first and the version 3 TAK install second, reinstall the 4.1BB Patch manually via the Cavedoggy folder (it is called TAK41BBUpdate). Notice that, in contrast with the UTAKPack install where you couldn't change the directory, when you install the TAK game or the utilities, you can change the directory where TAK is installed.

4th)
After TAK's installation is complete, there will be three (3) different TAK applications (.exe) in TAK's folder. These are:
* Kingdoms.exe -> The skirmish game with the latest patch with it (this is also used to play online)
* kingnocd.exe -> This works under version 3.0 (not 4.1BB, even after installing the 4.1BB patch) in order to make the Book of Darien & Iron Plague campaigns playable (you do NOT need the CD to play the campaigns through the kingnocd.exe).
* pgtak.exe (it may also appear as 5000units.exe) -> This is for playing skirmish games (offline) which allow up to 5000 unit limit!

5th)
Play online via GameRanger and/or WarZone clients. Here are the links:

for GameRanger -> http://www.gameranger.com/

and for WarZone -> http://www.e-warzone.com/
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New player in need of assistance   New player in need of assistance EmptyWed Apr 18, 2012 4:01 pm

IMP_ARTHAN wrote:
* Kingdoms.exe -> The skirmish game with the latest patch with it (this is also used to play online)
* kingnocd.exe -> This works under version 3.0 (not 4.1BB, even after installing the 4.1BB patch) in order to make the Book of Darien & Iron Plague campaigns playable (you do NOT need the CD to play the campaigns through the kingnocd.exe).
Hmm now that you mention kingnocd... last year I played by "ip" with my brother (lan, using an old hub lol) but it asked CD to host a multiplayer game. Although we have 2 or 3 cds of TAK it's boring to put it in everytime. So we'd just put 1 cd and the other computer would run the kingnocd.exe

I guess the 3.1BB patch is compatible with the 4.1BB... since we played np. Or maybe the kingnocd just displays the 3.1BB version in the title screen but actually runs by the 4.1BB version... not sure.
Back to top Go down
Taraknis

PostSubject: Re: New player in need of assistance   New player in need of assistance EmptyThu Apr 19, 2012 9:34 pm

Great, thanks!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New player in need of assistance   New player in need of assistance Empty

Back to top Go down

New player in need of assistance
Page 1 of 1